ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Media Center>'Cobra Kai' Karate Kid sequel series teaser....
Deberg_1990 12:32 PM 02-24-2018
Hell yea! Im in!

[Reply]
Frazod 12:28 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Fantastic. Loved the first season, enjoyed s2. Had to squeeze in viewings when it was free.
Agreed. Season 1 was perhaps the funnest, most refreshing show I've seen in years; it perfectly played off and surpassed the source material. Shifting Lawrence from antagonist to protagonist was brilliant. Zabka really stole the show.

Season 2 was good, but not as good; but in fairness, how could it be? I actually hope they wrap things up in Season 3 so that the show doesn't end up jumping the proverbial shark. It seems to me that the eventual outcome will be (I guess I'll spoiler this for anybody who hasn't watched it at all)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:56 PM 08-24-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Agreed. Season 1 was perhaps the funnest, most refreshing show I've seen in years; it perfectly played off and surpassed the source material. Shifting Lawrence from antagonist to protagonist was brilliant. Zabka really stole the show.

Season 2 was good, but not as good; but in fairness, how could it be? I actually hope they wrap things up in Season 3 so that the show doesn't end up jumping the proverbial shark. It seems to me that the eventual outcome will be (I guess I'll spoiler this for anybody who hasn't watched it at all)
Spoiler!
Yeah gotta think the show won't go more than 3-4 seasons max. S1&2 are up this Friday. They had a tease today which was cool for s3.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:27 PM 08-24-2020
Mr Miyagi taught me everything!

Are you sure?

Now this is becoming cliche

Just have Miyagi's previous pupil be a better practitioner.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:18 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:

Spoiler!
I am 10000% on board with you. The first season was the most enjoyable thing I've seen in a long time and they just nailed reference after reference from the original movie. And I genuinely felt like I could easily recommend that to anyone - fans of the movie or not - and they'd like it as well.

I thought the second season was still good, but I felt I was giving it an upscore just given my love for the movie. And I'm not sure it would have the same wider appeal.

I'm absolutely excited about a third season, but my expectations aren't tremendously high. And I also really hope they wrap things up.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:26 PM 09-02-2020
Holy crap, this show is way better than it has any right to be. My surprise of the year.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:30 AM 09-03-2020
I’m in the middle of season 2 now getting caught up. Pretty cool they got the rest of Johnnys old Cobrai Kai buddies from the original movie. They even mentioned that Dutch was in prison as to why he wasn’t there.

I love all the callbacks to the original. It’s really well done.

The only issue I have is would Kreese really continue to be a hard ass and hate Daniel 30+ years later? He’s such a comical one dimensional villain. Although they did try and give him a little depth with his homeless vet backstory.
[Reply]
luv 10:50 AM 09-03-2020
Just finished season 1 last night. The parent in me hopes that Daniel can help Robby and Johnny reconcile at some point. I also hope that Johnny realizes his mistakes with Miguel, even though his intentions were good, and works to correct them. I hated seeing Kreese at the end. I really hope that Johnny doesn't digress.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:37 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Mr Miyagi taught me everything!

Are you sure?

Now this is becoming cliche

Just have Miyagi's previous pupil be a better practitioner.
:-)

Honestly though.....Chuck Norris taught me everything.

Had to type that. :-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:44 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Just finished season 1 last night. The parent in me hopes that Daniel can help Robby and Johnny reconcile at some point. I also hope that Johnny realizes his mistakes with Miguel, even though his intentions were good, and works to correct them. I hated seeing Kreese at the end. I really hope that Johnny doesn't digress.
Wonder if Robby is going to get in trouble for breaking Miguel's back?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:00 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Holy crap, this show is way better than it has any right to be. My surprise of the year.
My thoughts exactly. I went to watch this with the attitude it was strictly for nostalgia purposes and fully expected it to be corny and cheesy.

I couldn't have been more wrong, I am utterly shocked how great it is. This is truly a fantastic show, very well written. The acting is terrific from the main characters down to the bit players.

10/10, can't wait for season 3. I'm actually thinking about re-watching the first two seasons again even though I just finished them. It's that good.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:34 PM 09-06-2020
I watched this thinkung I'd make fun of you deberg, but it was really good
[Reply]
Bowser 06:53 PM 09-06-2020
PGM hates everything, so maybe I'll give this a shot haha.
[Reply]
007 07:33 PM 09-06-2020
Welcome to two years ago.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 04:25 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
Welcome to two years ago.
For me, it was one of the those shows that looked interesting but I don't have YouTube TV and I certainly wasn't going to subscribe just for this show.

Then one night I was feeling nostalgic and had a few drinks, and it popped up in my Netflix feed. I had no idea they even added it to their service. I ended up watching both seasons in a matter of a week which is a 'binge' to me as I rarely do anything like that.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:30 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
PGM hates everything, so maybe I'll give this a shot haha.
Haha, right! It's really fucking good surprisingly
[Reply]
Page 2 of 14
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up