ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 316 of 341
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320326 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:33 PM 08-15-2022
Sorry to hear about your Pops.
If you're as close to him as I was to mine.
Watching them get old. Not fun.

Speaking of drought. The Platte river has run dry in many counties in Nebraska.
That ain't ever happened in my lifetime.

Turkey. We got so Got Dam many them. States being over run with them.
Once again. Their were no wild Turkeys around this part of Nebraska growing up..you had to hunt South Dakota for Turkey
[Reply]
Fish 04:39 PM 08-15-2022
I wouldn't seek out a new 16ga in this day and age. 12ga is a superior shotgun in every single category save weight. Good 16ga ammo isn't very easily found, despite it being more available during the pandemic ammo shortage. It's only there because demand is basically non existent. I own a 16ga, but only because it was a hand-me-down, and that's the caliber you give to teenagers learning to hunt. Haven't shot it since high school.

That CZ Drake is a fine shotgun. You'll like that. A friend has one, and he shoots very well with it. CZ USA is headquartered right here in KC too.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:45 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
I wouldn't seek out a new 16ga in this day and age. 12ga is a superior shotgun in every single category save weight. Good 16ga ammo isn't very easily found, despite it being more available during the pandemic ammo shortage. It's only there because demand is basically non existent. I own a 16ga, but only because it was a hand-me-down, and that's the caliber you give to teenagers learning to hunt. Haven't shot it since high school.

That CZ Drake is a fine shotgun. You'll like that. A friend has one, and he shoots very well with it. CZ USA is headquartered right here in KC too.
I bought my daughter the CZ Redhead for her 21st birthday. It's a really nice gun and she loves it.
[Reply]
Fish 04:48 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I’ve never bought online simply because I’ve never taken the time to research FFL dealers and their fees. I suppose one of these days I should quit being lazy and get on that.

I did think about Rodgers but, thought I’d start off closer to home before driving all the way up there. It worked out, I found what I was looking for, I just didn’t get to save any money using my Cabela’s points. Meh, oh well.
FFL purchase is much simpler than you would imagine. Fees are usually $20-50 depending on where you go. My FFL charges $35 for your first gun, then $25 for repeat customers. Process takes about 15 minutes. If you're curious, get on gunbroker and search FFLs in your area: https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index

That will also tell you how much they charge, regardless of where you buy from.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:57 PM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Sorry to hear about your Pops.
If you're as close to him as I was to mine.
Watching them get old. Not fun.

Speaking of drought. The Platte river has run dry in many counties in Nebraska.
That ain't ever happened in my lifetime.

Turkey. We got so Got Dam many them. States being over run with them.
Once again. Their were no wild Turkeys around this part of Nebraska growing up..you had to hunt South Dakota for Turkey
Dad’s still in pretty good health for turning 73 this year but, yeah, there is definitely a slow down that has occurred. He’ll still walk some miles through fields if there are birds to be found though.

I would hunt turkey but, it’s the same issue I have with duck and deer hunting, I cannot sit still in a blind or stand waiting for some game that may not even come. Quail and pheasant hunting means movement wether there are birds there or not.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:59 PM 08-15-2022

They are just a few minutes up the road from where I live. I actually tried hiring on with them several years back but, never heard anything from them.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:02 PM 08-15-2022
FFL purchase is much simpler than you would imagine. Fees are usually $20-50 depending on where you go. My FFL charges $35 for your first gun, then $25 for repeat customers. Process takes about 15 minutes. If you're curious, get on gunbroker and search FFLs in your area: https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index

That will also tell you how much they charge, regardless of where you buy from.
I didn’t realize gb had a list of FFLs WITH their fees. It’s the calling around inquiring about the fees that have kept me from going that route. It’s not difficult, I just hate making a bunch of calls. An up to date list including fees is a game changer.
[Reply]
Reroka 05:43 PM 08-15-2022
I am willing to sell my model 1866 yellow boy. Has to be shipped to an flag dealer so they can run background check but I’m willing to entertain offers. I have to really check the value but last time I check I was told between 10k and 30k
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:56 AM 09-17-2022
I currently own a unique SKS (and a considerable amount of ammo though I don't know how much off hand... would have to go look).

Gun - Chinese SKS (milled in either 19571959 from Factory 26 with all matching and low S/N including on the original stock which is 5 shots away from being kindling).

I know SKS firearms have a *WIDE* range in value depending on their condition, manufacturer, and whether it is a milled or stamped gun. I've got this on a super nice laminate stock.

What the fuck is this thing worth these days?

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:19 AM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I currently own a unique SKS (and a considerable amount of ammo though I don't know how much off hand... would have to go look).

Gun - Chinese SKS (milled in either 19571959 from Factory 26 with all matching and low S/N including on the original stock which is 5 shots away from being kindling).

I know SKS firearms have a *WIDE* range in value depending on their condition, manufacturer, and whether it is a milled or stamped gun. I've got this on a super nice laminate stock.

I hope that is not an SKS Sportster.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:26 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I hope that is not an SKS Sportster.
It is not.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:58 PM 09-17-2022

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/norin...ical-value-510
Recently sold chicoms. Click..View sold details and scroll through it
You'll have no problems selling the ammo separately if need be

Also looks like a Boyd's sporter laminated stock with cheek riser on it.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:23 PM 09-21-2022
Ok... so, I did a thing.

I bought this device. I was going to wait to buy it but Amazon had a $80 off coupon and I couldn't keep from pulling the trigger.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I watched a lot of videos on youtube regarding these devices but this is the one that convinced me to, at least, try it out and see if I can spot coyotes with it. He had this set up on a .223 which is the same caliber which my unit will be mounted to.

[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:25 PM 09-27-2022
Got the NV set up in the mail today. Made it from China all the way here in less than a week. Fucking impressive. It has an SD card slot so if it all works... I'll be able to post up videos of coyotes being killed.

Got it mounted on the scope and the crosshairs are a bit off... gotta play around with it a bit. At first glance, everything seems to be working as expected. Gonna peek out at the hayfield tonight and see just how much I can see out there when it is pretty damn pitch black.

Still gotta get the scope mount for it.

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:39 PM 09-27-2022
Got the NV set up in the mail today. Made it from China all the way here in less than a week. Fucking impressive. It has an SD card slot so if it all works... I'll be able to post up videos of coyotes being killed.

Got it mounted on the scope and the crosshairs are a bit off... gotta play around with it a bit. At first glance, everything seems to be working as expected. Gonna peek out at the hayfield tonight and see just how much I can see out there when it is pretty damn pitch black.

Still gotta get the scope mount for it.

Hell yes... LIKE!!!
[Reply]
Page 316 of 341
« First < 216266306312313314315316 317318319320326 > Last »
Up