ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Serial Podcast
Pushead2 01:13 PM 11-03-2014
I searched for a thread or post about this podcast, but didn't see anything.

Anyone else been following and listening to the episodes? I'm completely hooked. It's so compelling and just absolutely intriguing.

Here's a brief summary from the podcast's site:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

I provided some helpful links below:

Podcast: www.serialpodcast.org

Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:04 PM 12-18-2014
Just started Episode 1 today.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:22 AM 12-19-2014
Originally Posted by Pushead2:
I searched for a thread or post about this podcast, but didn't see anything.

Anyone else been following and listening to the episodes? I'm completely hooked. It's so compelling and just absolutely intriguing.

Here's a brief summary from the podcast's site:

On January 13, 1999, a girl named Hae Min Lee, a senior at Woodlawn High School in Baltimore County, Maryland, disappeared. A month later, her body turned up in a city park. She'd been strangled. Her 17-year-old ex-boyfriend, Adnan Syed, was arrested for the crime, and within a year, he was convicted and sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison. The case against him was largely based on the story of one witness, Adnan’s friend Jay, who testified that he helped Adnan bury Hae's body. But Adnan has always maintained he had nothing to do with Hae’s death. Some people believe he’s telling the truth. Many others don’t.

Sarah Koenig, who hosts Serial, first learned about this case more than a year ago. In the months since, she's been sorting through box after box (after box) of legal documents and investigators' notes, listening to trial testimony and police interrogations, and talking to everyone she can find who remembers what happened between Adnan Syed and Hae Min Lee fifteen years ago. What she realized is that the trial covered up a far more complicated story, which neither the jury nor the public got to hear. The high school scene, the shifting statements to police, the prejudices, the sketchy alibis, the scant forensic evidence - all of it leads back to the most basic questions: How can you know a person’s character? How can you tell what they’re capable of? In Season One of Serial, she looks for answers.

I provided some helpful links below:

Podcast: www.serialpodcast.org

Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcast/
Awesome share!

Will binge on these over the next few days to catch up!

Gracias
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:29 PM 12-19-2014
Just listened. I agree with Sarah and I have since the beginning of this podcast. I'm not sure on his participation, but I couldn't convict.
[Reply]
Pushead2 02:30 PM 12-19-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Awesome share!

Will binge on these over the next few days to catch up!

Gracias
No worries! Take a listen and let us know how you feel.

You're so lucky you didn't have to wait week to week like I did from episode 1. haha
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:45 PM 12-19-2014
So far I'm about halfway through Episode 6 and I feel that they're both in on it.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:29 PM 12-19-2014
Just wanted to say I finally finished all 12 episodes during my drive from work today.

****ing amazing.

Also, I was going to drop off my opinion of what I personally thought happened until I browsed Reddit to find this atom ****ing bomb being dropped.... holy shit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcas...court_docsjay/

Way to go Rabia- you just disproved the guy you've been trying to defend.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:09 AM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The biggest thing that has me still resisting Adnan's innocence is the nature of how he defends himself. He keeps going back to 'not looking disheveled' or 'not going into a fit of rage in front of others,' rather than something more empassioned or befuddled.

Almost like someone who's irritated that people aren't noticing how effectively he covered his tracks, more than someone who is wrongly convicted.

But overall, it's an irritating exercise, because this kind of 'in depth' reporting exposes, to me, just how much I'm not privy to. I won't venture to guess if the narrative is guided by a naivete over what is compelling or dispositive, or purposefully to lead us to a preordained conclusion, but it grinds me to not have greater access to the full facts adduced and make my own conclusions.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/ser...1673349627/all
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:54 AM 12-20-2014
That was one sour, unpleasant blogger. To each their own I guess but I don't agree with much of her perspective.

A more interesting inside take, for me at least, was the crime writers on serial podcast from New Hampshire public radio.
[Reply]
DaveNull 02:18 PM 12-20-2014
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/ser...1673349627/all
Originally Posted by :
And even less value than those $3 should be assigned to Serial, because 20 years from now, that's where it should be: in the bargain bin of journalism.
Rich coming from someone that works for Gawker.
[Reply]
Iconic 06:54 PM 12-21-2014
So SNL did a skit in honor of Serial

NAILED IT.
[Reply]
Pushead2 12:19 AM 12-22-2014
I still don't get Adnan & Jay's relationship. Honestly, I think it was drug related and somehow something went sour and Hae ended up dead.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:50 PM 12-22-2014
so on Rabia's blog she said (and posted snippets of trial documents) that Jay asked to borrow Adnan's car, and the phone just happened to be in the car. That's a big difference than the portrayal that Adnan offered him his car and phone. Apparently Jay often borrowed people's cars as he didn't have one.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 02:01 PM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That was one sour, unpleasant blogger. To each their own I guess but I don't agree with much of her perspective.

A more interesting inside take, for me at least, was the crime writers on serial podcast from New Hampshire public radio.
That is gawker for you. It is more fun to hate something than to discuss it. I havnt clicked on a gawker link in months. I had to take uproxx off my reader for the same reason. The avclub is heading that way as well.
[Reply]
Pushead2 11:07 PM 12-23-2014
Seems Jay is going to do an interview now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/serialpodcas..._an_interview/
Attached: 222.JPG (32.5 KB) 
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:48 AM 12-24-2014
"The person who paid the ultimate price". That's rich coming from Jay, the convicted accessory to her murder, a crime for which he never spent a second in prison.

Convenient that he's agreed to talk now that season 1 is over and he can have control over the environment and direction of the "interview". With emphasis on the quotes.

Evidently his post has since been removed. Shocker.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up