ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 132 of 286
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:23 PM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by Fish:
Some very sophisticated person is going to drop in here and tell you guys how little you understand about art, cinema, and theater.
I'm sick of that bullshit. I have mad style but never criticize someone else's opinion where movies, music or art are concerned. It's what makes this place magical.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:42 PM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs:
Watched To Die For with Nicole Kidman.

First of all, a wonderful reminder of what a treasure she once was. My god, the scene with her in lingerie...
All true...
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:56 PM 08-14-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I'm sick of that bullshit. I have mad style but never criticize someone else's opinion where movies, music or art are concerned. It's what makes this place magical.
You seem nice.
[Reply]
Miles 02:20 AM 08-15-2015
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I like Michael Keaton but man Birdman was just awful. 2 hours of conversations on a roof.
I appreciated it from the standpoint of the acting mostly being very good to excellent and the obvious work that went into shooting it to make it look like a continuous shot which was impressive. Basically I thought it was quite well made but underwhelming as far as enjoyment goes.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:10 AM 08-18-2015
Originally Posted by Fish:
Some very sophisticated person is going to drop in here and tell you guys how little you understand about art, cinema, and theater.

[Reply]
frankotank 11:13 AM 08-18-2015
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
hahaha! me too....except when....for a minute....I thought you didn't like An American Werewolf In London!

any a you homo's don't like AWIL....I kill ya! :-)

[Reply]
Rausch 10:40 PM 08-18-2015
Originally Posted by frankotank:
hahaha! me too....except when....for a minute....I thought you didn't like An American Werewolf In London!

any a you homo's don't like AWIL....I kill ya! :-)
Kill all them deranged some-bidges!

[Reply]
Buehler445 11:44 PM 08-19-2015
I caught Outcast on Netflix.

I expected it to be beyond terribad, but it was fairly enjoyable. The action was good. The story had promise, but there were several aspects of the story that fell so flat, they were just a waste of damn time. Most notably the strife between the main character and Cage's character. Followed closely by the random Chinese girl they picked up that had no bearing on the story whatsoever. There were a few hokey moments, like when the big bad chooses to fight the protagonist, it's dumb. They should have written it better.

That being said, the action, scenery and costumes are pretty well done for whatever the budget was, I presume not a whole hell of a lot because it had a big name actor and I never heard of it. LOTS of dudes get fucking deaded in this flick, some of them fairly impressively.

And then there is Nick Cage. He was >< close to killing the whole goddamn thing. Christ almighty he is a shitterrible actor. He didn't do anything well in that film at all. But, he

Spoiler!

so it's all good.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:12 AM 08-20-2015
Watched Dark Places. Was pretty good, not Gone Girl good, but def enjoyable with a good story.
[Reply]
frankotank 12:24 PM 08-20-2015
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Kill all them deranged some-bidges!

my sig is a ref to this gem of a flick.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:35 AM 08-21-2015
Gone Girl was really interesting. I was legitimately on the edge of my seat first trying to figure out what happened to her, then to see how she would get out of the predicament she placed herself in, and finally to see if she'd get her comeuppance.

For a movie that I had absolutely no interest in seeing, I was pleasantly surprised.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:19 PM 08-21-2015
I saw Birdman in the theater and I think that experience enhanced the film. Like when the light fell on the actor's head, it was loud as well as when Keaton was thrashing his dressing room. The couple in front of us got up and left when that was going on, but the film really got better in the second hour, especially when all the supernatural stuff took place.

I saw The Gift yesterday, excellent suspense thriller, drama, with a bit of twist ending. If you're into the low budget actor's type film, then see this movie. Jason Bateman is a real jerk in this movie, Joel Edgerton I never heard of, he's from Australia and wrote and directed the film. Rebecca Hall, who you might remember as the girl in The Town, the Ben Affleck/Jeremy Renner bank heist movie, she plays the wife.

I also enjoyed Vacation. They held the F-word down to maybe 5 times in the film. If you like Ed Helms from the Office and the Hangover, see Vacation. It was laugh out loud funny, and I usually never do that during a comedy.

Gone Girl I saw in the theater, really good the first time and even when I rewatched on TV. That's the kind of movies I like.
[Reply]
thabear04 11:15 PM 08-21-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Gone Girl was really interesting. I was legitimately on the edge of my seat first trying to figure out what happened to her, then to see how she would get out of the predicament she placed herself in, and finally to see if she'd get her comeuppance.

For a movie that I had absolutely no interest in seeing, I was pleasantly surprised.
Still haven't seen it but I herad great things about the movie.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:51 AM 08-22-2015
Originally Posted by thabear04:
Still haven't seen it but I herad great things about the movie.
I wasn't a eager to watch due to Affleck but he's great in it. Really is a solid flick...
[Reply]
-King- 11:33 AM 08-22-2015
Finally saw Avengers Age of Ultron. Really really good movie. Enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Page 132 of 286
« First < 3282122128129130131132 133134135136142182232 > Last »
Up