ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Media Center>Must see Documentaries
Baby Lee 12:17 PM 07-09-2022
Seemed like a decent time, with everything else in the doldrums including new media. Plus this doc just came out and I couldn't find the right place to put it. Closest was 'must watch series' but this has different metrics.

Plus it's good to have a repository of people hyping good docs so people have inspiration to check them out.

It's 'the rest of the story' behind the abduction that led to the mini-series 'I Know my Name is Steve' and it has some twists and turns and some powerful emotion behind it.

This one, I suggest people go in as cold as they can, because it gets wild but in ways you wouldn't expect. But the trailer itself spoils some of it something fierce if you aren't aware of the existing narrative.

EDIT - by which I mean I suggest you skip the trailer below, but include it if you wish to watch it pre-spoiled, or need it to know if you are interested.

[Reply]
srvy 10:01 PM 04-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Free solo is good.

I just watched the documentary Wrecking Crew on YouTube about session musicians. It was better than I was expecting.

Music lovers will be astonished at the influence The Wrecking Crew wielded over rock and pop music in the 1960s and early 1970s. These unsung instrumentalists were the de-facto backing band on hit records by The Beach Boys, Phil Spector, Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra, Sonny & Cher, Elvis, The Monkees and many more. These dedicated musicians brought the flair and musicianship that made the American “West Coast Sound” a dominant cultural force around the world
I loved that documentary also Muscle Shoals is very very good.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 01:23 PM 04-10-2023
“The Pez Outlaw” on Netflix is a great underdog story. This guy in Michigan tracks down a Pez factory in Eastern Europe and smuggles in bags full of unique Pez dispensers to the states and makes a small fortune selling them at Pez conventions. Customs stops him at immigration and it turns out that the Pez corporation made no exclusivity deal not to import Pez into the states and they have to let him go. Really entertaining.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up