ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 163
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
WV 07:44 AM 03-31-2011
Coyotes are increasing in population around here, can't wait to try my luck this year.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:28 PM 03-31-2011
Lil South Dakota action

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...th-Dakota.html
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:34 PM 03-31-2011
Fucking awesome!
[Reply]
LiveSteam 05:37 PM 03-31-2011
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fucking awesome!
They are such an amazing bird.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:48 PM 03-31-2011
I've actually seen a Baldy go after something three times.

First one I was a kid duck hunting and watched one go after a hen Mallard but missed. She was so scared she dived then swam up to our spot and crawled underneath the cover covering our blind.

The second was we were sitting in the blind and someone said, Hey there's a bald eagle....it flew past us and then dove and snagged a skipjack, then flew up a hundred yards and ate it while sitting on a snag in the river.

Third was a few years ago during late winter, I was standing in the kitchen drinking coffee looking out the window. One came gliding down my valley, spotted a pheasant and dove into the catails. It sat there long enough out of sight I'm sure it got it.

About a month ago there were three sitting on the gravel road when I was coming home. They didn't have anything though.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:52 AM 04-21-2011

Middle of Omaha & In my back yard this morning. Way cool to find 2 green head mallards in my yard. They hug out for 2 hours or so. I tried to toss some popcorn out the back door. They flew.

No lakes around hear. closet lake is 3 miles.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 07:22 AM 04-22-2011
Anyone bag a tom yet?
[Reply]
philfree 07:37 AM 04-22-2011
Hate to do it but for $100.00 someone can be the proud owner of Big John. I wish I could keep him but 5 English setters is more than I can handle in my suburbian home. Probably illegal too.

PhilFree
:-)
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:04 PM 06-06-2011
Some of you know I was looking for a scout. I've wanted one since I was a little boy and now I've got one and it's everything I thought it would be.

Everyone this is my Scout, My Scout this is everyone.

This isn't a truck, it's my 2nd son.
Attached: scoutsmall.jpg (210.9 KB) mudsmall.jpg (212.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Bwana 06:15 PM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
Some of you know I was looking for a scout. I've wanted one since I was a little boy and now I've got one and it's everything I thought it would be.

Outstanding. I had one for about a year as a hunting rig. Long story short, I ended up dumping the thing in a deep hole in the river one night. The girl that was with me was in formalwear and we had to walk. Needless to say, she was a bit "put out." I don't miss her, but I miss the Scout. :-)
[Reply]
seclark 06:22 PM 06-06-2011
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

fuckin-a...nice.
sec
[Reply]
Iowanian 06:30 PM 06-06-2011
I've already ordered more parts for this one. It's going to soon have an enclosed after market distributor/coil, silicon on the wires, and probably some sheet metal in the wheel wells.

It's in very restorable shape, out of the south with basically no rust, so a paint job and undercoating are probably in the somewhat near future. I'm thinking pretty hard about starting to get a motor built for it too, just not sure if I should strip down an IH 345, drop in a Chrystler 360, or maybe switch it out to something in a "healthy" smallblock.
Not sure, but I'm thinking something in the range of 350-400 horse.

I'm not looking to get a pile of money into it, but I do plan on keeping it for a long time, maybe pass it to Jr when he's ready.

not long ago, Someone made a smartass comment that "people usually get a convertible for their midlife crisis" and that's the point where I pointed out that the top came off of the 1977 international scout II with about 8 bolts.

I do have the long top and a back seat, so that is an option too.

I don't know that i've ever purchased a single possession that made me grin like I'd just got caught by my friends with my finger in the prom queen like this does. I effing love it.
[Reply]
btlook1 09:32 AM 08-28-2011
Everyone seems to like the Lab photos so thought I would post a couple that were taken this morning. 8 weeks old.
Attached: mistych8wkyellowboy.JPG (169.7 KB) mistych8wkpink.JPG (240.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:30 PM 09-26-2011
2nd evening of Archery deer hunting. First doe hit the ground. 40 yard shot, caught her a little far back in the liver and come through the front through 1 lung. quartered away from me. Shot it sitting down in a high tree stand. She came in perfect, did everything i needed her to do and she was in range. Feels good to start off the archery year.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:41 PM 09-26-2011
Lost a farm, gained a farm adjacent to 2 others I hunt...the home of the monster I've been after. This week, a photo came on a trailcam of the deer above's son....it's obvious that it's the same genetic with the girth of the bases, length of the brows and the G2 and 3....at least 170. 2 new excellent stand locations that I'm very excited about.

I'll be in a tree for opening day saturday evening. 4-5 days to hunt before the October Lull.

Congratulations on getting the first one on the ground sofa.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 163
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116 > Last »
Up