ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 313
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** 2021 Chiefs Training Camp MEGATHREAD ***
wazu 11:33 AM 07-24-2021
Posting this as a repository for random training camp content. Glad to see Andy moving around today without the cane.

Andy Reid rocking the all white Air Force 1s with white tube socks.#Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/opdxFDbTsh

— Micaela Dea (@NPNowDea) July 24, 2021

[Reply]
New World Order 09:35 AM 08-22-2021
Powell is young and needs time to develop to make any kind of judgement call. Fountain is in year 3. He’s looked pretty good.

Throw Fountain in there with the 1’s and 2’s against Minny. See if he can do it against better competition
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:44 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Fountain on cut day

:-)

Can CP keep this theme going for a full season?
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:46 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, we're starting to get back into dumbass mode with our perceptions of WR talent and catching.

"THIS GUY CAN CATCH!"

"PUT IN X GUY AND CUT Y GUY. AT LEAST X GUY CAN CATCH!"

"JUST CATCH THE BALL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD"

All of the guys who have demonstrated that they "at least catch the ball!!!!" have yet to demonstrate this in a bigger game against better players with higher stakes and as a part of a more complicated route design in the regular season playbook.

Let me go back to that white guy whose name I forget from a couple years ago. He got open against 3rd stringers and "he can catch!" You think he's getting open against real competition? Against a starting corner or nickel back? You're confident he's just going to catch the ball no matter what in those situations just as he did against a bunch of Vince Agnews?

In the NFL, the WR position is so much more than just catching the ball in order to be good. People know this, but for some reason will inflate that skill in their minds when it comes time to evaluating talent and won't factor in the other skills required of the position in order to keep "just catching the ball."

Fans can only look at preseason games. Coaches see the entire picture in a player, which is why they're usually right and we're wrong. So next time you're comparing WR talent on our team and you say something like, "I prefer undrafted ****face guy to last year's 4th string WR because at least this guy catches the ball!" hopefully you'll take a step back and know better.
Fred Williams and a receiver named Thompson far outplayed Pringle last preseason.

But Pringle made the 53 and he’s on the verge of winning WR2.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:51 AM 08-22-2021
In the city of fountains we need a guy named Fountain on the team huhr huhr huhr
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:58 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Fountain on cut day

:-)
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:13 AM 08-22-2021
Remember Fred Williams? The guy who caught everything in preseason against 3rd stringers?

Remember Marcus Kemp's rookie year? The guy who caught everything against 3rd stringers?

Remember white guy from like 2 years ago who we cut and he signed with Seattle and I can't remember his name? Well, he caught everything against 3rd stringers.

Daurice Fountain has been catching everything against 3rd stringers and the Chiefs made zero investments into him. They also clearly value their draft pick investment (Cornell Powell) and Marcus Kemp's TEAM experience (you know, which is actual ****ing experience, not just 2 ****ing regular season catches ever). So yeah, I think both Kemp and Powell will make the roster, and Fountain will likely be practice squaded.

I could be wrong, but if I'm going to go with history, it's not on the side of Fountain.
AGAIN!!..Kemp and the guy who went to Seattle WERE UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS trying to make the team and back then we still had Watkins and Conley...so the competition was way higher. Secondly Fountain has been running with the twos in camp and was with them on the field on Friday aswell. So your "history" stories don't really add up in this case. Fountain was a talented 5th round pick who VEACH took from the Colts practice squad after he was placed there due to injuries...so the front office clearly wanted him. Oh your notion about Kemp's "team experience" is a load of BS imo!!..Reid is not gonna let the second most talented WR on this roster go because of special teams..no way.
[Reply]
wazu 10:15 AM 08-22-2021
In the city of fountains we need a guy named Fountain on the team huhr huhr huhr
Mitch Holthus is licking his chops.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:39 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Tribesman:
Or Jesse "James" Haynes
He'd be the hiney badger on today's CP.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:45 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
AGAIN!!..Kemp and the guy who went to Seattle WERE UNDRAFTED FREE AGENTS trying to make the team and back then we still had Watkins and Conley...so the competition was way higher. Secondly Fountain has been running with the twos in camp and was with them on the field on Friday aswell. So your "history" stories don't really add up in this case. Fountain was a talented 5th round pick who VEACH took from the Colts practice squad after he was placed there due to injuries...so the front office clearly wanted him. Oh your notion about Kemp's "team experience" is a load of BS imo!!..Reid is not gonna let the second most talented WR on this roster go because of special teams..no way.
Why do you keep bringing up this "he was a draft pick!" bullshit? It means nothing.

You cut an undrafted free agent you lose nothing. You invested nothing. And guess what? It's the exact same case if another team drafted a player, cut him, and you signed him for nothing.

The only thing you have to lose is that you were wrong and the guy becomes a significant contributor with another team and could have done so with your own. If the Chiefs believe that's the case with Fountain, they'll keep him. If they don't, they'll cut him.

As for this, "HE WAS RUNNING WITH THE TWOS" you know who else was doing that shit very recently? Gehrig Dieter.

As far as the Chiefs are concerned, it doesn't fucking matter where Fountain came from because he's in the exact same pot as the other roster bubble players, most of whom were undrafted guys. If Fountain got injured like Antonio Callaway, his ass would be in the exact same position, which is on a bus out of town.
[Reply]
crispystl 11:22 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Allegretti, Remmers, and Kilgore fucking gashed them.

What will Trey Smith, Lucas Niang, and Creed Humphrey do?

That gap is too large to close in one offseason, especially when the Chiefs got better as well.

For sure. It almost looked like we were toying with them in the AFC championship game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:35 AM 08-22-2021
Why do you keep bringing up this "he was a draft pick!" bullshit? It means nothing.

You cut an undrafted free agent you lose nothing. You invested nothing. And guess what? It's the exact same case if another team drafted a player, cut him, and you signed him for nothing.

The only thing you have to lose is that you were wrong and the guy becomes a significant contributor with another team and could have done so with your own. If the Chiefs believe that's the case with Fountain, they'll keep him. If they don't, they'll cut him.

As for this, "HE WAS RUNNING WITH THE TWOS" you know who else was doing that shit very recently? Gehrig Dieter.

As far as the Chiefs are concerned, it doesn't ****ing matter where Fountain came from because he's in the exact same pot as the other roster bubble players, most of whom were undrafted guys. If Fountain got injured like Antonio Callaway, his ass would be in the exact same position, which is on a bus out of town.
Because you keep stupidly comparing him to Kemp and Thompson when Fountain's resume is way higher than those two. He was a draft pick AND WAS ON AN NFL ROSTER FOR THREE YEARS AND PLAYED GAMES!!..so how the feck can you compare him to undrafted guys? It's utterly moronic.

And I don't want to hear this "if the chiefs believe" bs you're spewing now..you said you were "putting your cards on the table and he's getting cut" right?? So KEEP that energy. Imo Fountain and Fortson are making this team...FULLSTOP.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:50 AM 08-22-2021
I think some of you are going to be mighty disappointed on the day of cuts when Daurice Fountain isn't on the 53 man roster for Week 1.

I know I've talked about him getting cut a bunch. I legit don't hate the guy. I wish him well. I wish he'd make the team and be fucking butt ass awesome out of nowhere so we'd have a legit #2 WR to pair opposite Tyreek.

All I'm doing is putting my chips on the table saying he's going to get cut. It's a prediction, not a wish. Why is that my prediction? History. History says Fountain is getting the ax. Maybe he'll survive waivers, wind up on our practice squad, and get called up during the season. But for Week 1? I think he's a cut.
You are spot on. His ass will be cut
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:55 AM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Because you keep stupidly comparing him to Kemp and Thompson when Fountain's resume is way higher than those two. He was a draft pick AND WAS ON AN NFL ROSTER FOR THREE YEARS AND PLAYED GAMES!!..so how the feck can you compare him to undrafted guys? It's utterly moronic.

And I don't want to hear this "if the chiefs believe" bs you're spewing now..you said you were "putting your cards on the table and he's getting cut" right?? So KEEP that energy. Imo Fountain and Fortson are making this team...FULLSTOP.
He's still likely going to get cut. You realize that right?
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:03 PM 08-22-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
He's still likely going to get cut. You realize that right?
Can you read? My opinion is stated in that post clearly :-) .
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:03 PM 08-22-2021
I gotta say. Mike Danna has looked pretty solid so far this preseason.

I think he’s a really nice depth piece this year and potential starter next year.
[Reply]
Page 253 of 313
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303 > Last »
Up