ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 123 of 352
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:14 AM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'm almost a foot shorter than McCormack but would have no problem telling him he's a pussy to his face, he'd just fade away as he tried to punch me.
He is so soft for a 6'10" 250 lb. guy that is more muscle than fat. So frustrating to watch.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:18 AM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ok thats what i thought..someone on the Phog said I was wrong. This is the perfect example of a play that worked out but it was a super Bone headed thing to do by Harris. Worked and we won though but you gotta be smarter than that next time.
Yeesh, the Phog. Had to eject from that place years ago. So toxic.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:47 AM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Remy had no business playing in the 2nd half based on how he looked in the 1st half. Yesefu was definitely fine out there in the 2nd half too and Harris actually showed some confidence for once on his open shots (which he absolutely has to do to open things up for the others).

That was a pretty good win to pull out considering everything that was going against them with about 10 minutes left.
I'm done with the Remy experiment. I think had he not gotten hurt and had more of a leash earlier in the year he could have been integrated more but he is the polar opposite type of player that Self prefers. If you listen to Self interviews about Remy earlier in the year - Remy came to them, not KU to Remy - and KU was kind of puzzled because this isn't really a system suited to a ball dominant little guard that likes to dribble around. But you can't really say no to the Pac 12 All-Conference player if he wants to come.

At this point, Yesufu is just the better option and there isn't enough time to do anything otherwise. I really can't get over how bad of a defender Remy is. It really is something. He defends by flopping because he knows he can't stay in front of a guy. Yesufu should help us in the years to come as well and his shot will start falling more now that he's getting comfortable.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 12:06 PM 03-04-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm done with the Remy experiment. I think had he not gotten hurt and had more of a leash earlier in the year he could have been integrated more but he is the polar opposite type of player that Self prefers. If you listen to Self interviews about Remy earlier in the year - Remy came to them, not KU to Remy - and KU was kind of puzzled because this isn't really a system suited to a ball dominant little guard that likes to dribble around. But you can't really say no to the Pac 12 All-Conference player if he wants to come.

At this point, Yesufu is just the better option and there isn't enough time to do anything otherwise. I really can't get over how bad of a defender Remy is. It really is something. He defends by flopping because he knows he can't stay in front of a guy. Yesufu should help us in the years to come as well and his shot will start falling more now that he's getting comfortable.
I think once the big tournament starts it won't even matter. Coach Self is gonna roll with Harris and probably for 35 minutes. Jo might get the other 5, and Self will use the injury as the excuse for limited Remmy time. It's too bad. I really like Remmy's ability to get 10 to 15 foot good looks off the dribble. We tend to go through dry spells offensively and I think we struggle getting good looks in the final seconds of a shot clock. Remmy seemed like a good go-to in those situations.

Harris is going to get 35 minutes and will continue to get that role for two more years. I just hope that doesn't mean Jo leaves us.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:57 PM 03-05-2022
The charge call at the end of that half on Braun was a disgrace. Shouldn't be rewarding that kind of defense at any level of basketball.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:20 PM 03-05-2022
Might lose this game if Ochai continues to choke. 0 for 7 now and missing 3 footers.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:22 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yeesh, the Phog. Had to eject from that place years ago. So toxic.
You don't miss MOJ and EDF? :-)
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 04:24 PM 03-05-2022
Might lose this game if Ochai continues to choke. 0 for 7 now and missing 3 footers.
He has been cold for four games. 9 for his last 35 threes. It’s just tough to stay that hot all season. All good shooters go through a tough stretch. It’s not choking, it’s human. I just hope he gets hot for the NCAA tourney
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:27 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
He has been cold for four games. 9 for his last 35 threes. It’s just tough to stay that hot all season. All good shooters go through a tough stretch. It’s not choking, it’s human. I just hope he gets hot for the NCAA tourney
There's cold and there's missing every shot you take all game. He looks nervous as hell right now (which isn't surprising considering it's his last home game). Isn't even getting to his spots.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 04:28 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by Bronco_buster2:
He's just taking worse shots. He's trying to play hero James Harden ball but he isn't James Harden. Most of his threes are rushed jumpers that he takes because he just decides that he has to shoot because he's our #1 guy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:33 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
He's just taking worse shots. He's trying to play hero James Harden ball but he isn't James Harden. Most of his threes are rushed jumpers that he takes because he just decides that he has to shoot because he's our #1 guy.
He's trying to do way too much instead of keeping it simple for sure. Self should try to get him a layup or dunk off a screen or something.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:57 PM 03-05-2022
KU is shooting 31 percent in this game and Ochai still hasn't hit a shot. Awful way to end the season.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:06 PM 03-05-2022
Did u guys know it's coach K last game at home?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:08 PM 03-05-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Did u guys know it's coach K last game at home?
Nice to have them go to a split screen during the last 2 minutes of this game. Not sure who they think they are appealing to with that. KU/UT fans are pissed and those who are tuning in to see K can't hear what's going on either.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:10 PM 03-05-2022
Nice to have them go to a split screen during the last 2 minutes of this game. Not sure who they think they are appealing to with that. KU/UT fans are pissed and those who are tuning in to see K can't hear what's going on either.
I can't wait to turn this shit off once this game is over. I haven't watched a Duke/UNC game in a decade. It's like Yankees/Red Sox ESPN has completely ruined it.
[Reply]
Page 123 of 352
« First < 2373113119120121122123 124125126127133173223 > Last »
Up