ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 120 of 352
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Ceej 03:43 PM 03-03-2022
Maybe it could be attributed to potentially the transfer portal, and maybe Remy's injury, but HCBS is having a real tough time with rotations this year. Like, they're really, really bad.

It's March and he still really hasn't figured anything out.

That loss to TCU is the team we should all expect come NCAA Tournament time, unfortunately.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 04:14 PM 03-03-2022
These last two losses are not surprising. Baylor and TCU are both really good teams and it's so hard to win on the road against good teams like that. KU's lack of toughness on the boards and against a team with some length was exposed Tuesday though. Unfortunately, it exposes us for what we really are, a three seed. Capable of making a run, but vulnerable to a bad matchup. AND, very reliable on outside shooting. If Ochai gets out of this little shooting funk we can make a run. If Ochai gets out of the scoring funk, and Wilson/Braun are hitting, watch out.

We may still end up with a two seed, and should if we win these two and the first round next week. It just hasn't felt like anything better than a good 3 seed, or maybe a lower 2 seed.

Hopefully, we learn from Tuesday, and make some contact on the opponents' better rebounders.
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 04:20 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Maybe it could be attributed to potentially the transfer portal, and maybe Remy's injury, but HCBS is having a real tough time with rotations this year. Like, they're really, really bad.

It's March and he still really hasn't figured anything out.

That loss to TCU is the team we should all expect come NCAA Tournament time, unfortunately.
Yeah the rotation has been weird. I think the inconsistency in the big men (David and Mitch) hasn't helped. Then you get a few good minutes from KJ or Clemence. BS even said he probably hasn't given some of the other bench players enough opportunity to improve their time. BS also said he wants to be 9 deep, IF Remmy is healthy. Who does that leave off? Clemence and KJ?

And after hearing an interview from BS a week ago, I would have though Remmy wasn't going to get a shot to play much at all! I"m guessing we see it his ideal rotation tonight and Saturday. Then next week he gets Clemence and Jo more playing time like he did with De Sousa.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:09 PM 03-03-2022
I'm fully ready and expecting Self to play Clemence zero minutes after the toughness, grit and tenacity he played with in his 1.5 minutes of action in the last TCU game. The only player that really played with that tenacity.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:24 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm fully ready and expecting Self to play Clemence zero minutes after the toughness, grit and tenacity he played with in his 1.5 minutes of action in the last TCU game. The only player that really played with that tenacity.
He’ll get 30 seconds again, but it’ll be the best 30 seconds you’ll see.
[Reply]
ArrowheadHawk 06:51 PM 03-03-2022
Clemence got a concussion on Tuesday, not sure he is available tonight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:02 PM 03-03-2022
It's been a few mins and my espn+ hasn't started buffering yet. Amazing!
[Reply]
BWillie 07:07 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk:
Clemence got a concussion on Tuesday, not sure he is available tonight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Self doing jumping jacks right now and fist pumping
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:17 PM 03-03-2022
Lightfoot as the first man off the bench

[Reply]
sedated 07:27 PM 03-03-2022
Can Remy actually score if he doesn't take 20 shots a game? His shot had always looked gross and not making anything, and doesn't seem to have any ability to drive to the hoop. Injury aside.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:29 PM 03-03-2022
He's not Lagerald Vick obviously, but I'm not sure there's anything that Ochai does particularly well on a basketball court other than shoot.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:29 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by sedated:
Can Remy actually score if he doesn't take 20 shots a game? His shot had always looked gross and not making anything, and doesn't seem to have any ability to drive to the hoop. Injury aside.
He's more of a volume scorer, but I think his confidence is basically gone at this point. Huge difference from earlier in the year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:35 PM 03-03-2022
So Lampkin can taunt Harris after blocking him but Lightfoot can't taunt Lampkin after dunking? Yeah that's a load of shit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:46 PM 03-03-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
He's not Lagerald Vick obviously, but I'm not sure there's anything that Ochai does particularly well on a basketball court other than shoot.
Bullshit aside, he moves very well without the ball. And obviously his explosiveness on the lobs jumps off the screen.

He can defend with the right matchup, but it might be an effort thing.

He also has a good feel for long rebounds.

Obviously not Vick. I almost forgot about that dude :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:51 PM 03-03-2022
21 is who some of you were batching about not playing more? :-)
[Reply]
Page 120 of 352
« First < 2070110116117118119120 121122123124130170220 > Last »
Up