ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 71
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Media Center>MCU Meta Discussion
DaFace 05:54 PM 07-16-2019
The various movies obviously deserve their own threads once things actually start moving on them, but it seems like we should have a place just for general discussion about what they're planning. So here ya go.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:04 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by :
Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige announced the company will be cutting back on Disney+ shows following a disastrous 2022 that saw none of their shows crack the top 15 streaming shows.

Nielsen revealed their Top 15 Streaming Programs of 2022 back in January and only three Disney+ programs cracked the list: Encanto, Bluey, and The Simpsons...

Originally Posted by :
...In a wide-ranging interview with Entertainment Weekly, Feige revealed the company would be cutting back on their Disney+ programming.

Feige said, “We want Marvel Studios and the MCU projects to really stand out and stand above. So, people will see that as we get further into Phase 5 and 6. The pace at which we’re putting out the Disney+ shows will change so they can each get a chance to shine.”

When asked if he would be spacing them out or putting out fewer shows per year, he responded, “Both, I think.”

Later in the interview he would reveal, “I think when we are doing about eight projects a year — and again, I said this is going to shift a little bit — they all have to be different. They all have to stand apart and stand alone and be different from one another.”...

Kevin Feige Reveals Marvel Will Cut Back On Disney+ Shows After No Marvel Series Cracked The Top 15 Streaming Shows Of 2022
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:01 PM 02-28-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
On top of that, I feel there might be a general feel of comic book movie fatigue going on right now added on top of how the product hasn't been on the same level as the Infinity War saga, as well.

Speaking of Thor - I just got around to watching the Snyder cut of Justice League, and it got me wondering if we'll ever see the director's cut of Love and Thunder. Supposedly they shot 4 hours' worth of film only to cut literally half of it and change the relationship between Thor and Zeus doing so. On top of that, there was supposedly going to be a scene where Jane's Thor was battling Galactus to go with a TON of other cosmic side stuff? Maybe one day we'll get a Waititi cut of Love and Thunder.
Hell, I'd watch it. The theatrical cut is terrible and felt disjointed as hell.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:53 PM 03-07-2023
Jon Bernthal is returning as Frank Castle in the new Daredevil show!

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...Zn8C9WMzkR1xSo
[Reply]
Fish 06:27 PM 03-07-2023
Jon Bernthal is returning as Frank Castle in the new Daredevil show!

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainme...Zn8C9WMzkR1xSo

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:32 PM 03-07-2023

RUMOR: James Spader will reportedly return as Ultron in #MarvelStudios' ARMOR WARS! Details: https://t.co/qkkwPBwnQU pic.twitter.com/O3BiVBZ9Sb

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) March 7, 2023

[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:15 PM 03-07-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Loved Spader as Ultron. Just the right balance of charm, humor and intimidation in his voice.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:18 AM 03-14-2023

Ke Huy Quan will reportedly be playing a TVA agent in #Loki Season 2 who is in charge of the organization's tech, similar to #JamesBond's Q! Full details: https://t.co/aAMQf6kVjL pic.twitter.com/c1O3kvCQsU

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) March 14, 2023

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:56 AM 03-21-2023

OFFICIAL: Disney+'s X-MEN '97 will feature the return of Mr. Sinister as a villain in the series:

"[He] has a pretty foolproof plan to destroy the X-Men once and for all!" Details: https://t.co/XpSUeY3uIf pic.twitter.com/x2ZUI3SHXX

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) March 21, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 09:48 AM 03-21-2023
Was pretty bummed we never got Sinister after they teased the Essex Corporation after X-Men: Apocalypse.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:52 AM 03-21-2023
Razorfist is not a fan of what Marvel is doing and where they're taking the stories (nsfw, clearly) -

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:53 AM 03-21-2023
Razorfist is what I assume JustPassingBy acts like when anyone ever asks him his opinion on movies.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:59 AM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Razorfist is what I assume JustPassingBy acts like when anyone ever asks him his opinion on movies.
Then JPB is pretty damned clever and funny, lol.

FTR, I completely get the point he's making about the multiverse angle, but I don't really care about that. I actually dig it, even if it's a cheat code for the writers. What I do agree with is the storytelling has gone to shit since the Ragnarok/Infinity War/Endgame wrap up of Phase 3. That's one hell of a high standard to have to match going forward with every single item they're putting out, but some of this shit has been just that - shit.

Have a better product and nobody is going to care about the machinations of the overall storyline, imo. Just be good and entertaining.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:00 AM 03-21-2023
Then JPB is pretty damned clever and funny, lol.

FTR, I completely get the point he's making about the multiverse angle, but I don't really care about that. I actually dig it, even if it's a cheat code for the writers. What I do agree with is the storytelling has gone to shit since the Ragnarok/Infinity War/Endgame wrap up of Phase 3. That's one hell of a high standard to have to match going forward with every single item they're putting out, but some of this shit has been just that - shit.

Have a better product and nobody is going to care about the machinations of the overall storyline, imo. Just be good and entertaining.
I meant more along the lines of him droning on for 15 fucking minutes with nothing but word filler while thinking that his opinion is somehow more important than anyone else's.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:07 AM 03-21-2023
I get it. The movies and tv shows for the most part have sucked but that was almost guaranteed to happen eventually. End Game was their high point and nothing was going to be as good as that after. It's also why I haven't really watched any movies in Phase 4. Still haven't watched the new Dr. Strange movie or the new Thor movie. Watched No Way Home and thought it was great. Haven't watched a lot of the TV shows but that's more because the characters they have...don't fucking interest me.

But did people actually think that these movies were just going to continue to be A+ movies across the board? They aren't making them for comic fan boys. They're making them for mass audiences of different genders, ages and interests. They aren't going to follow the comics to a T because that isn't going to bring in money.

Maybe I just stopped giving a shit once they hit that End Game payoff and I don't really get the hate of "Marvel movies suck now!". Then stop watching them. Find shit that you enjoy watching.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:01 PM 03-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

Has Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania been a box office flop?

Victoria Alonso Departs Marvel Studios After Nearly Two-Decade Run

[Reply]
Page 53 of 71
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up