ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 2688
« First < 202627282930 3132333440801305301030 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:05 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by carcosa:
**** USA
today
[Reply]
BWillie 11:06 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by ASS11:
breathe the free air, friends

He's like, holy shit I don't even know how to play football and somebody just drafted me!

And, I love it. Raw talent out the wazzu. This guy could be GREAT, or he could be Ryan fucking Leaf. But we at least WENT FOR IT
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:08 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's like, holy shit I don't even know how to play football and somebody just drafted me!

And, I love it. Raw talent out the wazzu. This guy could be GREAT, or he could be Ryan ****ing Leaf. But we at least WENT FOR IT
Whatever dumbass!
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:11 AM 04-28-2017
/Hall of Fame Classic thread

I feel winning
[Reply]
New World Order 11:14 AM 04-28-2017
I'm more excited for the preseason than the regular season.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:14 AM 04-28-2017

And, I love it. Raw talent out the wazzu. This guy could be GREAT, or he could be Ryan fucking Leaf. But we at least WENT FOR IT
Leaf's problem was attitude. Mahomes doesn't have that attitude.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:16 AM 04-28-2017

And, I love it. Raw talent out the wazzu. This guy could be GREAT, or he could be Ryan ****ing Leaf. But we at least WENT FOR IT
Ryan Leaf was a grade A douche. This kid seems like anything but. If you don't love him after watching highlight tapes, you definitely will after listening to him. Great combination of humble and confident.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:21 AM 04-28-2017
Pharaoh Mahomes II
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 11:23 AM 04-28-2017
I'm looking forward to that future Mahomes/Wilson connection
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:24 AM 04-28-2017
Mahomes was the only big 12 player drafted in round one?

[Reply]
BWillie 11:45 AM 04-28-2017
Mahomes has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft. The only problem is there is a more of a potential for him to bust than most high ranking QBs. Has all the tools, just has to put them together. I actually think he can as long as he can learn to read defenses.

I like Mahomes alot better than Mitch fucking Tribisky as far skills.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:47 AM 04-28-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Leaf's problem was attitude. Mahomes doesn't have that attitude.
Lots of guys have a bad attitude and still are good at football. If you are good, you are good.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:51 AM 04-28-2017
No. 10 Kansas City Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
10 OF 32

Ron Jenkins/Associated Press

Patrick Mahomes' upside is the real Tony Romo. His downside is the internet meme version of Romo from Eagles/Giants message boards of the last decade.

Mahomes is Brett Favre-like in the way the neighborhood teenager throwing rocks from the sidewalk and breaking windows of the old abandoned warehouse is Brett Favre-like: You love the arm but question the judgment.

Just how highly you rate Mahomes depends upon whether you see him throw across his body to a triple-covered receiver in the middle of the field for a 30-yard gain and think: "Dang, this young man has magical playmaking sorcery," or "if he tries that 20 times in the NFL, he will throw 19 interceptions and the whole organization will get fired."

Make no mistake about it: If Mahomes were forced to start a full season as a rookie, he would not only throw 25 interceptions but would also endure 50 sacks with his Michael Vick-stuck-in-second-gear approach to pocket discipline.

But the tools are the tools, there is certainly no shortage of courage, and when Mahomes isn't making things up as he goes along, there are flashes of decision-making brilliance to go along with all of that pure, unrefined talent.

If any coach can settle Mahomes down without taking away his sizzle, it's Andy Reid. And Reid has a year or so to wait with Alex Smith still playing at...well...an Alex Smith level.

My issue is that the Chiefs have been in playoff also-ran mode for years. They could have traded up and upgraded their defense to get over the top in 2017. Reid's Eagles tended to get stuck in 10- 11-win ruts. They could swap out quarterbacks and remain in the same rut, because they still have too many needs in other areas.

Grade: C
[Reply]
DRM08 11:55 AM 04-28-2017
Mahomes has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft. The only problem is there is a more of a potential for him to bust than most high ranking QBs. Has all the tools, just has to put them together. I actually think he can as long as he can learn to read defenses.

I like Mahomes alot better than Mitch ****ing Tribisky as far skills.
Any of them can be a bust and that certainly includes Mahomes, but...

I think there is a bigger bust potential with Trubisky. They spent so much to move up one spot and the #2 pick for him seems outright ridiculous in the first place. He only has 13 starts and Gruden busted him on national TV with the issue of hard counts. The Bears apparently only spent about 15 minutes interviewing him at the Combine. Chiefs spent 6+ hours interviewing each QB including Mahomes, Trubisky, Watson, Kizer, etc. And which evaluation do you trust on a quarterback? I'm going with Andy Reid/John Dorsey's thorough evaluation over the apparent half-ass due diligence by John Fox/Ryan Pace.

And heck, I'm not sure Watson is as prepared for the NFL as some people think. Clemson's offense required very few reads on his part and his velocity numbers give him very little margin for error at the NFL level. He was already throwing too many INT's in college. What happens to his INT numbers in the NFL against much faster defenses given his velocity issue? He's not exactly a super accurate passer to begin with.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:57 AM 04-28-2017
The same people outside of KC that don't think we can win a SB with Alex (everybody) are wondering why the Chiefs traded up for a QB instead of a "win now" move

This is beyond ****ing retarded
[Reply]
Page 30 of 2688
« First < 202627282930 3132333440801305301030 > Last »
Up