ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brandon Williams signed to the PS
Mecca 06:00 PM 11-29-2022
Per Schefter, idea is he'll go to the roster quickly.

Dude was good for the Ravens...
[Reply]
BossChief 01:45 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's a big 'old boy that requires two to block him.

That means you can't double Jones.

That's a big deal.
If we get solid play, that will be a huge bonus. He wasn’t graded well last year and has been a FA till we signed him. Hopefully that’s by choice and he’s fully healthy and ready to go because he and Saunders wil be laying a lot of snaps the next 8-9 games
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:14 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's kinda a long story. He had this friend he used to golf with. One night, the friend drunk texted him like some chick asking why he hurt his feelings and made him feel small. This led to some real soul-searching on Brandon's part and he spent some time in therapy working through it. He came out a better man and was prepared to sign with the Chiefs weeks ago until the friend texted him again about "acting like a victim" and it just reopened old wounds.

I'm happy to report that he's blocked this clingy friend and is now ready to solidify the interior DL.
Yup... what I get for asking a bunch of strangers for advice.

Well played.

:-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:00 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:

Well played.

Asking for advice while being a total pussy, specifically.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:51 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
It's kinda a long story. He had this friend he used to golf with. One night, the friend drunk texted him like some chick asking why he hurt his feelings and made him feel small. This led to some real soul-searching on Brandon's part and he spent some time in therapy working through it. He came out a better man and was prepared to sign with the Chiefs weeks ago until the friend texted him again about "acting like a victim" and it just reopened old wounds.

I'm happy to report that he's blocked this clingy friend and is now ready to solidify the interior DL.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:52 AM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
If rabblerouser and Crave think that someone overshared and is probably being a giant pussy...

Then someone done got their ManCard yanked, I'm afraid.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:53 AM 12-10-2022

Well played.

But have you texted anyone your feelings about how mean the guys at CP are yet?

Bet you can use it for sympathy to get close to your old texting buddy or sumpin'?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:16 PM 12-10-2022
I think this guy is going to make a huge difference for us in run defense. We just don’t have anyone as strong and stout as him
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:54 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
But have you texted anyone your feelings about how mean the guys at CP are yet?

Bet you can use it for sympathy to get close to your old texting buddy or sumpin'?
Mean? This place is full of a bunch of softies... I've been a Chiefs fan a long time. The mid 70s thru 80s were much harsher than anything on this board.

ManCard? Are we 12 or 13?

Anyways; glad I was able to provide some entertainment value...

Now, is this guy going to help the defensive line and free up Jones?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:23 PM 12-10-2022
Mean? This place is full of a bunch of softies... I've been a Chiefs fan a long time. The mid 70s thru 80s were much harsher than anything on this board.
No one knows the pain of the stretch from watching Bill Kinney overthrow Barry Word in the flat through watching Alex Smith ignore a wide open Tyreek Hill in the playoff game vs Pittsburgh to check the ball down because he straight didn't have the physical ability to get the ball to the open receiver except us Chiefs fans.

Trauma bonding.

ManCard? Are we 12 or 13?
Um, I'm not yet 40 years old, but I just got my adulthood questioned in another thread by someone whose board name is "CasselGotPeedOn", so I don't know what to tell you :-)

Anyways; glad I was able to provide some entertainment value...

Now, is this guy going to help the defensive line and free up Jones?
Probably. Any help at all improves the line and Jones by proxy, I mean look what Ingram did last season and Suggs when we won the SB...
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:34 PM 12-10-2022
As with everything in life, we decide what has power over us. I've decided to not let this sort of thing bother me; while that's easier said than done, feelings will follow the behavior so as long as I act like it doesn't bother me, eventually, it won't... Fake it until you make it.

I'm ready for the Chiefs playoff push... Any help on the defensive line is a good thing.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:54 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Just wait til he brags about taking a make believe girlfriend to Palencia Belize, but his ip address was still showing home at the single wide!!
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:18 PM 12-10-2022
As with everything in life, we decide what has power over us. I've decided to not let this sort of thing bother me; while that's easier said than done, feelings will follow the behavior so as long as I act like it doesn't bother me, eventually, it won't... Fake it until you make it.

I'm ready for the Chiefs playoff push... Any help on the defensive line is a good thing.
Actually, the healthier I get in life, the less all the piddly shit even gets through to make an impact.

It's like, I see it, recognize it for what it is, file it in the appropriate context and then just keep trucking forward.

That's not to say "engage in toxic masculinity and don't talk about your feelings"...but some other adult dude that isn't my brother or cousin gets butthurt about ANYTHING and I don't care...and if my brother or cousin are being little bitches, I'll call them out.

My buddy Kev, known him for 20 years. Last night calls me, he's had a few drinks while working on his bathroom.

We're shooting the shit, and I laugh about something and said "one of the many reasons I'm in therapy."

He gets serious and goes "yeah, I've been thinking about doing that. Me and the old lady need some counseling together or something."

I said "well...maybe, but you honestly need to stop drinking first."

Excuses, excuses, bullshit bullshit, drunk words from a phone.

"Nah, you didn't want to hear that. But I'll break it down even more; if you decided to come to me for treatment, I wouldn't even consider you as a potential candidate for therapy."

Indignation evident in his voice : "WHY NOT!?"

I said calmly and serenely "because you are an alcoholic who, aside from a short break, has pretty much taken on alcohol in a large quantity every single day for 2 decades plus. So, I don't even know where you really are, because YOU don't. And now we are talking about health + cognitive functionality, shit like Korsakoff's Syndrome, and in order to even get any of THAT straightened out, you have to go long periods without drinking any alcohol."

Dead silence on the phone while the enormity of what I told him sank in.

I don't have time for considering the 'feelings' of another adult who isn't my client on the level of, have I been respectable and forthcoming in my dealings with them?

Since the answer is always "yes", then I don't give a shit how they feel about...anything.

I don't do the "uh-huh. Uh-huh. Ow wow, that's crazy!" bullshit so I can co-sign to someone's dramatic bullshit.

The notion is frankly ridiculous.

Even if you've been one of my best friends for 20+ years. Because, guess what!? I was pretty fucking toxic for a long time, and if he's been my friend for that long...then it was because he was willing to overlook some pretty major shit, which alerts to some hella toxic shit of his own.

You can tell your friend to either suck it up and get it together, or don't.

I have no other advice.

I tell my kid the same shit, that it doesn't matter whose "fault" anything is (she's 14 and loves blaming me or her mom - or me AND her mom - for her own shitty behaviors), that every single person is responsible and ultimately accountable for their own behaviors.

That includes responses.

No response is even a response, sometimes.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:22 PM 12-10-2022

"Can he also play RT on offense? CAN ANYONE!?" is what keeps ringing through my head after watching the line get beaten in on the right side, no matter pass or rush...
[Reply]
VAChief 02:34 PM 12-10-2022
No one knows the pain of the stretch from watching Bill Kinney overthrow Barry Word in the flat through watching Alex Smith ignore a wide open Tyreek Hill in the playoff game vs Pittsburgh to check the ball down because he straight didn't have the physical ability to get the ball to the open receiver except us Chiefs fans.

Trauma bonding.

Um, I'm not yet 40 years old, but I just got my adulthood questioned in another thread by someone whose board name is "CasselGotPeedOn", so I don't know what to tell you :-)

Probably. Any help at all improves the line and Jones by proxy, I mean look what Ingram did last season and Suggs when we won the SB...
Bill Kenney never played with Barry Word.
[Reply]
golfindude 02:40 PM 12-10-2022
Actually, the healthier I get in life, the less all the piddly shit even gets through to make an impact.

It's like, I see it, recognize it for what it is, file it in the appropriate context and then just keep trucking forward.

That's not to say "engage in toxic masculinity and don't talk about your feelings"...but some other adult dude that isn't my brother or cousin gets butthurt about ANYTHING and I don't care...and if my brother or cousin are being little bitches, I'll call them out.

My buddy Kev, known him for 20 years. Last night calls me, he's had a few drinks while working on his bathroom.

We're shooting the shit, and I laugh about something and said "one of the many reasons I'm in therapy."

He gets serious and goes "yeah, I've been thinking about doing that. Me and the old lady need some counseling together or something."

I said "well...maybe, but you honestly need to stop drinking first."

Excuses, excuses, bullshit bullshit, drunk words from a phone.

"Nah, you didn't want to hear that. But I'll break it down even more; if you decided to come to me for treatment, I wouldn't even consider you as a potential candidate for therapy."

Indignation evident in his voice : "WHY NOT!?"

I said calmly and serenely "because you are an alcoholic who, aside from a short break, has pretty much taken on alcohol in a large quantity every single day for 2 decades plus. So, I don't even know where you really are, because YOU don't. And now we are talking about health + cognitive functionality, shit like Korsakoff's Syndrome, and in order to even get any of THAT straightened out, you have to go long periods without drinking any alcohol."

Dead silence on the phone while the enormity of what I told him sank in.

I don't have time for considering the 'feelings' of another adult who isn't my client on the level of, have I been respectable and forthcoming in my dealings with them?

Since the answer is always "yes", then I don't give a shit how they feel about...anything.

I don't do the "uh-huh. Uh-huh. Ow wow, that's crazy!" bullshit so I can co-sign to someone's dramatic bullshit.

The notion is frankly ridiculous.

Even if you've been one of my best friends for 20+ years. Because, guess what!? I was pretty ****ing toxic for a long time, and if he's been my friend for that long...then it was because he was willing to overlook some pretty major shit, which alerts to some hella toxic shit of his own.

You can tell your friend to either suck it up and get it together, or don't.

I have no other advice.

I tell my kid the same shit, that it doesn't matter whose "fault" anything is (she's 14 and loves blaming me or her mom - or me AND her mom - for her own shitty behaviors), that every single person is responsible and ultimately accountable for their own behaviors.

That includes responses.

No response is even a response, sometimes.
That some Heavy shit Rabble
[Reply]
Page 9 of 12
« First < 56789 101112 >
Up