ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brandon Williams signed to the PS
Mecca 06:00 PM 11-29-2022
Per Schefter, idea is he'll go to the roster quickly.

Dude was good for the Ravens...
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:42 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Bill Kenney never played with Barry Word.
Yeah, I was like 3.

I remember Barry Word being here before DeBerg/Marty/King Carl...and I really do not remember Todd Blackledge, like at all.

I remember Bill Kinney with his skinny ass overthrowing someone in the flat.

I assumed it was Word, because, again...between Joe Delaney and Christian Okoye, he's about the only back I have in my timeline, memory-wise.

I could google some shit. But that's cheating. And work.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 02:45 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by golfindude:
That some Heavy shit Rabble
Only if it has to be.

And if it has to be, then just fucking rip the band-aid off and get the healing process started.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:10 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Bill Kenney never played with Barry Word.
Yeah, the 90s were painful in a different way. The 70s and 80s were pretty easy because there were low expectations. The 90s found a way to get the expectations up only to dash all hope in the most unbelievable ways.

Anyways...

This seems to be a good signing. It sure can't hurt.
[Reply]
irafreak 03:25 PM 12-10-2022
The Nigerian nightmare was awesome. Then it was Barry word and Harvey Williams....okoye was my favorite. And I always thought deberg was bad ass since we saw them set his dislocated thumb on the field.

Yeah Brandon Williams yay...I'll stop derailing
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:26 PM 12-10-2022
I remember this guy now. I'm somewhat surprised he was even available. Dude was a monster vs. the run, and could even rush the passer some.

If he's healthy and hasn't fallen off a cliff, he's going to be better than anything Pennel brought to us in 2019.

Could be the exact piece we needed on the DL going into the playoffs.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 05:31 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Yeah, I was like 3.

I remember Barry Word being here before DeBerg/Marty/King Carl...and I really do not remember Todd Blackledge, like at all.

I remember Bill Kinney with his skinny ass overthrowing someone in the flat.

I assumed it was Word, because, again...between Joe Delaney and Christian Okoye, he's about the only back I have in my timeline, memory-wise.

I could google some shit. But that's cheating. And work.
Deberg was here 88-91. Word was here 90-92. I was a kid, but I remember having to go to K-Mart with my parents. My dad and I stood in the TV section and watched Word go off on Detroit for like 200 yards while my mom shopped.

Don’t mean to derail the thread. My dad’s health is pretty bad right now. Just one of the great Chiefs memories we’ve shared.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:18 PM 12-10-2022
This thread sucks
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:06 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Deberg was here 88-91. Word was here 90-92. I was a kid, but I remember having to go to K-Mart with my parents. My dad and I stood in the TV section and watched Word go off on Detroit for like 200 yards while my mom shopped.

Don’t mean to derail the thread. My dad’s health is pretty bad right now. Just one of the great Chiefs memories we’ve shared.
This is the perfect thread for that. Thank you for sharing.

So it was Deberg that overthrew Word on the screen pass?

But godDAMN he could unleash a bomb off of play-action. I do remember that. JJ Birden. Did Stephone Paige play with Deberg, too??

I remember watching Paige with my grandpa.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:08 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by irafreak:
The Nigerian nightmare was awesome. Then it was Barry word and Harvey Williams....okoye was my favorite. And I always thought deberg was bad ass since we saw them set his dislocated thumb on the field.
AND THEN HE TOTALLY PLAYED WITH THE PIN IN HIS PINKY!!!!!!

For real, I was a little kid and was like, "that dude has giant fucking balls because I know every single snap has to hurt like a bitch."
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:25 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
AND THEN HE TOTALLY PLAYED WITH THE PIN IN HIS PINKY!!!!!!

For real, I was a little kid and was like, "that dude has giant fucking balls because I know every single snap has to hurt like a bitch."
Deberg was chewing out the OL everytime he got tackled/hit during that period.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:50 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Deberg was chewing out the OL everytime he got tackled/hit during that period.
I fucking bet.

I still don't think Dave Szott was holding...
[Reply]
scho63 10:15 AM 12-11-2022
I realize how lucky I was growing up a Chiefs fan in New Jersey and only seeing the them on TV during the 70s and early 80s once or twice a year at 4pm against the Raiders or Broncos. Once in a while the Chargers and rarely against the Jets or Giants or Philly on Channel 3 or 6 out of Philly.

If I had to watch that shit show each week I might not have stuck with the Chiefs.

Once Marty rolled into town, Sports Bars started with all the games and I would go each week.

I think in 10-15 years I ran into a total of about 3-4 other Chief's fans.

It was a lonely hopeless existence.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 10:57 AM 12-11-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
I realize how lucky I was growing up a Chiefs fan in New Jersey and only seeing the them on TV during the 70s and early 80s once or twice a year at 4pm against the Raiders or Broncos. Once in a while the Chargers and rarely against the Jets or Giants or Philly on Channel 3 or 6 out of Philly.

If I had to watch that shit show each week I might not have stuck with the Chiefs.

Once Marty rolled into town, Sports Bars started with all the games and I would go each week.

I think in 10-15 years I ran into a total of about 3-4 other Chief's fans.

It was a lonely hopeless existence.
It wasn't so bad; had friends with season tickets in the club section. I went to a lot of games, expectations were low, beer was cheap and we had a good time laughing at the Fuller/Kenney QB shuffle.

Few games were on TV; listened to them with my dad in the basement while he worked on home projects.

Good memories...
[Reply]
TribalElder 03:27 PM 12-11-2022
If he is 66 williams in this game he was requiring a double team by the donkey o line
[Reply]
RunKC 03:44 PM 12-11-2022
Omg lmao
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up