ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Make QB Sneaking with Patrick Mahomes Great Again
BWillie 03:45 PM 09-02-2022
No risk it no biscuit and stats have shown its a low probability of injury play. Shit happens.
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:31 PM 08-15-2023
BWillie’s favorite snack as a child was lead paint chips dipped in paste.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:58 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
https://www.summitortho.com/2016/02/...0second%20time.

Early treatment to help prevent re-injury
“We can almost always treat first dislocations conservatively with bracing and physical therapy. Our concern is recurrence. If you’ve popped out your knee and recovered with conservative treatment, there’s a 58 percent chance that you’ll experience continuing limitations six months after the injury and a 55 percent risk that you won’t return to sports. More important, there’s a 44 percent risk that you’ll dislocate your knee a second time. After a second dislocation, there’s a 50 percent chance of a third dislocation. After every dislocation, it becomes easier and easier for the kneecap to dislocate. Repeated dislocations, one of the unstable kneecap risks, is best counteracted with early treatment.

I think Andy is following his training staff and are not taking unnecessary chances. My daughter dislocated her knee and has had it happen three more times. Each time it dislocates the percentages increase. HS sports are out because the won't insure her.
He better not ever run the ball ever again then, if he can't do a QB sneak...the lowest impact play in all of football.

Also the risk of any reinjury of the kneecap goes down as time progresses. Its been what 3 or 4 years now?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:03 PM 08-15-2023
Mahomes rolling out on a bootleg is also an option… more ways to QB sneak than just running up the middle.
[Reply]
-King- 08:14 PM 08-15-2023
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
That’s all I need to read. Don’t do it with Mahomes ever again. Let Gabbert do it though.
Then we shouldn't let Mahomes scramble then because he got a concussion while scrambling and he could also dislocate his knee when someone tackles him. Reid should make him throw the ball away once he's out of the pocket.
[Reply]
srvy 12:00 AM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He better not ever run the ball ever again then, if he can't do a QB sneak...the lowest impact play in all of football.

Also the risk of any reinjury of the kneecap goes down as time progresses. Its been what 3 or 4 years now?
Little differences like getting low and driving and pushing. I even believe our trainer discussed how he would be prone to reinjury because of the nature of sneaks.
[Reply]
srvy 12:01 AM 08-16-2023
Honestly, Mr BeWildered you need to call the Chiefs and lend your thoughts.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:03 AM 08-16-2023
Honestly, Mr BeWildered you need to call the Chiefs and lend your thoughts.
You know that is a valid thought. Maybe I will chain myself to a tree with a sign that says I will not leave until Patrick Mahomes runs behind center on a QB sneak.
[Reply]
srvy 12:19 AM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Then we shouldn't let Mahomes scramble then because he got a concussion while scrambling and he could also dislocate his knee when someone tackles him. Reid should make him throw the ball away once he's out of the pocket.
He was scrambling for his life with fat ass fox tail. Hopefully, he feels more secure this coming year.

Andy isn't going to run a play that could cost us multiple games down the road with the franchise for 6 inches to a foot. Get replaceable RBs that's their job if they can't get it done pick another one off the street. Why are we so eager to risk it its obvious the trainers don't recommend it. Also, we don't know the history of Pat's knee. There could be a history in his youth that Pat has Fessed up to that really scares them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:35 AM 08-16-2023
I know it's irrational, but no. In the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl, maybe. Other than that, nope.
[Reply]
-King- 09:40 AM 08-16-2023
He was scrambling for his life with fat ass fox tail. Hopefully, he feels more secure this coming year.

Andy isn't going to run a play that could cost us multiple games down the road with the franchise for 6 inches to a foot. Get replaceable RBs that's their job if they can't get it done pick another one off the street. Why are we so eager to risk it its obvious the trainers don't recommend it. Also, we don't know the history of Pat's knee. There could be a history in his youth that Pat has Fessed up to that really scares them.
I don't get how you think he can get so easily reinjured there but are cool with him doing the wild scrambles and late throws throws that he does.

It's like getting into an accident while driving to the store, and somehow rationalizing that you should stop going to the store cause you will get into an accident again.
[Reply]
bowener 02:31 PM 08-16-2023
I want more presnap QB motions. Andy, please find a way to turn that whacky shit into "QB sneaks".
[Reply]
srvy 04:35 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't get how you think he can get so easily reinjured there but are cool with him doing the wild scrambles and late throws throws that he does.

It's like getting into an accident while driving to the store, and somehow rationalizing that you should stop going to the store cause you will get into an accident again.
It doesn't matter what I think it's what the Chiefs organization thinks. It seems they so far aren't agreeing with your or others' wishes. Could it change in the right situation who knows?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:54 AM 08-17-2023

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:17 AM 08-17-2023
It's hard to explain how a team with three Pro Bowl interior OL struggles to gain one yard.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:56 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
It's hard to explain how a team with three Pro Bowl interior OL struggles to gain one yard.
When the other team doesn't have to gameplan for the most effective short yardage play in football it makes their job that much harder.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up