ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mahomes audibles on 3rd down
O.city 09:25 AM 04-16-2024

On the biggest play of the season, Patrick Mahomes frantically went to an audible — for a play the Chiefs hadn't run all season.

Here's the rest of the story on how a "head-scratching" call helped the Chiefs win Super Bowl 58.

“It was really cool."https://t.co/clZTOiRuXc

— Jesse Newell (@jessenewell) April 16, 2024

Good read. It's behind a paywall I think, I'll try to post the version.
[Reply]
PHOG 10:37 AM 04-16-2024
Thanks for posting the story! Great Super Bowl story. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:39 AM 04-16-2024
how about some vidya

patrick manning

Total mental destruction of the 49ers before the snap. https://t.co/2TX3ihD52D pic.twitter.com/69VzaBeHHc

— ��️ Red Tribe Cinema (@ClayWendler) April 16, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Agreed. It's why Andy continues to go with savvy players like McKinnon (who I'm really going to miss. I very much enjoyed watching that dude work) and why they don't just throw some UDFA undersized speedster out there.

Good read thanks for posting O.
I was trying to figure out how to post this, but this regime has really shown that whatever choice they make on a player or draft pick etc....there's sound reason behind it.

They've earned more rope than really anyone I can think of in terms of a fanbase and front office.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 04-16-2024
When you see the video you understand exactly what they're talking about in the failed Seahawks play.

That would've been SUPER easy for McKinnon to get the timing wrong and get hung up in the wash. But we've talked about this several times in the past - NOBODY has a more precise screen game than Andy Reid. That guy has those things on tilt and it's why I've always been a little curious why we don't use them more than we do.

The Reid Screen Game is such an underrated and under-recognized part of his bag of tricks. And it isn't anything really tricky - it's just coaching and precision. These guys know exactly where to be and when to be there.

Except for Skyy Moore. The only Chiefs WR I can ever recall who simply doesn't know where he's supposed to be on screen passes.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:44 AM 04-16-2024
I love this team.

They make great adjustments like the one in O.City's post, and those are hard for us casual fans to see in real time. But one thing I notice in real time is that they seldom make bonehead mistakes. Every player always has their head in the game and knows what's going on. I have to conclude that that's something they consider in the draft and free agency process.
[Reply]
O.city 10:45 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When you see the video you understand exactly what they're talking about in the failed Seahawks play.

That would've been SUPER easy for McKinnon to get the timing wrong and get hung up in the wash. But we've talked about this several times in the past - NOBODY has a more precise screen game than Andy Reid. That guy has those things on tilt and it's why I've always been a little curious why we don't use them more than we do.

The Reid Screen Game is such an underrated and under-recognized part of his bag of tricks. And it isn't anything really tricky - it's just coaching and precision. These guys know exactly where to be and when to be there.

Except for Skyy Moore. The only Chiefs WR I can ever recall who simply doesn't know where he's supposed to be on screen passes.
Once we draft Jordyn Brooks....look out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once we draft Jordyn Brooks....look out.
Jaylen Wright, brah.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:54 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I love this team.

They make great adjustments like the one in O.City's post, and those are hard for us casual fans to see in real time. But one thing I notice in real time is that they seldom make bonehead mistakes. Every player always has their head in the game and knows what's going on. I have to conclude that that's something they consider in the draft and free agency process.
Except for Skyy Moore.
[Reply]
KCJake 10:57 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
how about some vidya

patrick manning

I knew you'd come through with the video. Makes me ready for this upcoming season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
carcosa 10:59 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
how about some vidya

patrick manning

Beautiful......
[Reply]
PHOG 10:59 AM 04-16-2024
Except for Skyy Moore.
Ford, Toney...
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:07 AM 04-16-2024
I know this is a "No shit, dumbass!" comment, but I'm going to say it anyway. We are so fucking lucky to have this guy on our team. I feel like I'm living my best dream.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:23 AM 04-16-2024
This is more a statement of the staff than Mahomes, IMO.

Great on Mahomes for catching the look, but as the article notes - a lot still has to go right from the other 10 guys for it to work. And for them to nail it in a high pressure situation without having run it before demonstrates an incredible level of preparation and precision.

If only Andy would run the ball more...
Probably the difference in why it worked for us and didn't work for the Seahawks.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 11:39 AM 04-16-2024
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Ford, Toney...
You're only as strong as your weakest link.

So the chiefs just removed those links.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:03 PM 04-16-2024
Mahomes is just incredible.

But also a lot of credit goes to Andy Reid in always having his team super well prepared.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up