« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:10 AM 06-23-2022
Loved this ultra necessary line.

"I have to face him, master. Whether he dies or I do, this ends today."

Proceeds to trounce Vader, acknowledges there is no Anakin anymore, and then still refuses to finish him and walks off.

It's so hilariously bad.

How many ****ing villains in shows have we seen not get killed because of either something they schemed, or events taking place that prevented the hero from finishing the villain?

It's like these writers all sat around and all they could think of was "Obi Wan walks away again, cementing him as the most unfathomably stupud dumbass in the universe".

Also, Vader talks MAD SHIT for someone who got his legs and arm cut off, and was left a melting screaming torso the last time they had a true throwdown.

"That's why you will always lose"

Lmmfgdao. Yeah, to win you have to be dismembered and set on fire amirite?
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 09:20 AM 06-23-2022
They really should have put the Qui Gon scene before the Vader fight. Would have explained Obi Wan suddenly becoming powerful enough to beat Vader.
[Reply]
Fish 09:38 AM 06-23-2022

[Morgan Freeman voice]
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:53 AM 06-23-2022
That was a seriously satisfying finale.

I got some big time tears going when Obi-Wan was telling Leia about her parents, and the Leia theme from the original Star Wars came in.

MY EMOTIONS

Also love LOVE LOVE the way they used "hello there." They kept that powder dry the whole time :-).

Vader getting his helmet cut open on the opposite side where Ashoka got him in Rebels was pure poetry. Ashoka gets Vader's right side, Obi-Wan gets Vader's left side, emphasizing the master/student relationship between each party. (Obi to Anakin's left, Anakin to Ashoka's left).

In the end they both leave him and neither can get through to Anakin.

Only Luke, who stays with him until the end, no matter what, can fully unmask Vader.

Vader's lines really show you what a psychotic break Anakin has had. He's mentally ill. He's a victim.

Qui-Gon was perfect. Just the way Ewan said "Master Qui-Gon" and Liam said "Obi-Wan."

Exactly how they pronounced their lines in the Phantom Menace.

We need a season 2 with Obi-Wan absolutely wrecking the flora and fauna of Tatooine in defense of Luke.

"Your Uncle can hold off a Tusken raiding party with one blaster!"

GIMME
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:56 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:

[Morgan Freeman voice]
Such a silly line for them to have thrown in knowing damn well neither of them dies.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:57 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by ScareCrowe:
They really should have put the Qui Gon scene before the Vader fight. Would have explained Obi Wan suddenly becoming powerful enough to beat Vader.
Obi-Wan found his purpose under the rocks. That's what gave him the strength. His purpose shifted from attacking Vader to defending the light.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:06 AM 06-23-2022
Obi Wan be like

[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:12 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Such a silly line for them to have thrown in knowing damn well neither of them dies.

I haven’t watched the finale yet but this sounds like another good example with a main gripe I have about these Disney+ shows that I posted a few days ago.

Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What bothers me most is something a lot of these shows do, which is inconsistent or stupid characters just so things can happen or sometimes no reason at all.

[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:19 AM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
He always gets his ass whipped by Kenobi. And he senses Leia in ROTJ. This is problems with a story written backward.
He does not sense Leia in Return of the Jedi. He senses Luke's fear about Leia and Luke's wanting to protect her....Luke gives it away in his thoughts.

There were some low points in this series, and Reva's storyline was a complete disaster and contributed nothing....but the highs of the show were great.

Obi-Wan is perhaps my favorite character in any medium, and Ewan's perfermance was epic.

Overall, I liked it a lot despite its flaws. It could have been much, much better if they had focused on the story and not diversity bullcrap.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:06 PM 06-23-2022
Name a bigger faggot than Clay.

I'll wait...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:27 PM 06-23-2022
tell you what, there was an old episode III script...maybe it was fan fic or something, can't remember...but it was amazing

and the third act of the movie was obi wan, thinking he had killed anakin, facing down darth vader and not knowing who it was

and it was revealed during the fight, and it was absolutely amazing, way better than any of the prequels

i remember reading that way before the prequels came out, and thinking MAN THE PREQUELS ARE GOING TO BE SO AWESOME

and then we got 5 seconds of vader in ROTS

this series scratched that itch for me

i need to find that shit and read it again
[Reply]
roman gnome 12:27 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Solo is awesome. Full of fun. Watch it.
Thanks for that.
Good humor ,I liked it a lot.

Mando is still the best imo
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:31 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
He does not sense Leia in Return of the Jedi. He senses Luke's fear about Leia and Luke's wanting to protect her....Luke gives it away in his thoughts.

There were some low points in this series, and Reva's storyline was a complete disaster and contributed nothing....but the highs of the show were great.

Obi-Wan is perhaps my favorite character in any medium, and Ewan's perfermance was epic.

Overall, I liked it a lot despite its flaws. It could have been much, much better if they had focused on the story and not diversity bullcrap.
moses ingram wasn't a diversity hire...the character was great and the actress did a respectable job bringing her to life

rey was a stupid character with a dumb, unearned arc full of mary sue bullshit

reva's made sense, and no one was else was kucked to her benefit
[Reply]
listopencil 12:34 PM 06-23-2022
OK. Fine. I'll watch the last episode. It better not suck.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:21 PM 06-23-2022
Well, I'd say the big fight made the episode. It was pretty much as good as I could have expected. If they make another season I'll tune in to see how it goes.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 54
« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Up