ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 43
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Obligatory we have to get CEH off the field thread**
RunKC 02:30 PM 08-20-2022
I’ve seen enough. Dude is as meh as it gets. Pacheco needs to take his spot yesterday. Dude has bad vision and he’s slow.

I hope we scout the cuts list to find another RB to add to the group so we can cut him. Seriously the only reason this guy is still on the roster is because he was a first rd pick.
[Reply]
-King- 10:19 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That pretty much describes every back on the roster, IMO. You can't bank on a guy like Jones just because you think he might hit one or two home runs a season.
McKinnon had 5ypc. The sample size was small but he was really good when they gave him a chance. If they kept running him in the AFCCG, we would have won by multiple scores IMO. He was just gashing them every time he touches the ball, rushing and receiving.

If I was the chiefs I'd give him 15-20 touches a game. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt, but he's our best back in all situations IMO.
[Reply]
-King- 10:21 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
At this point if keeping Jones would make them put Mahomes under center more and make them use things like ISO, Power, Counter and playaction...then yea make Jones the starter as this team would move the ball without a problem doing that.
Yeah, but that's 1 less pass catching option opponents have to worry about everytime he's on the field. I want Mahomes to have as many options as possible.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:23 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah, but that's 1 less pass catching option opponents have to worry about everytime he's on the field. I want Mahomes to have as many options as possible.
What about if the guys out there have to respect the run or it's an 8 yard gain, how much more does that open the field for Mahomes?
[Reply]
RunKC 10:28 AM 08-26-2022
McKinnon had 5ypc. The sample size was small but he was really good when they gave him a chance. If they kept running him in the AFCCG, we would have won by multiple scores IMO. He was just gashing them every time he touches the ball, rushing and receiving.
The ‘ol Achilles for Andy Reid. Love the guy but he just won’t change. His decision to abandon the running game throughout his career has probably cost his a shot at a SB as well as a 2-3 playoff wins
[Reply]
BWillie 11:25 AM 08-26-2022
What about if the guys out there have to respect the run or it's an 8 yard gain, how much more does that open the field for Mahomes?
Mahomes doesn't need Ryan Tannehill windows to throw to
[Reply]
TEX 11:27 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Mahomes doesn't need Ryan Tannehill windows to throw to
Point is, if he ever had that, or something close to it, the offense would be unstoppable.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:33 AM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Point is, if he ever had that, or something close to it, the offense would be unstoppable.
Every time you run the ball, the opportune cost is giving up expected yards and points on that play that could have been achieved by throwing it.
[Reply]
-King- 11:34 AM 08-26-2022
Teams aren't coming down off of defending Mahomes pass defense to stop Ronald Jones. If he was Jamaal Charles, yeah they'd be more concerned about him, but Ronald Jones isn't going to change how teams play us on defense.
[Reply]
New World Order 11:34 AM 08-26-2022
Every time you run the ball, the opportune cost is giving up expected yards and points on that play that could have been achieved by throwing it.
Except for the second half against Cinci
[Reply]
TEX 11:39 AM 08-26-2022
Not if defenses know what you're doing. Remember the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game last year compared to the 1st half? There goes your argument.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:57 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Not if defenses know what you're doing. Remember the 2nd half of the AFC Championship game last year compared to the 1st half? There goes your argument.
Actually it supports my argument. On downs such as 3rd and 7 the defense KNOWS the other team is passing, and most of the time the other team still can't do anything about it. Yards and points per play on 3rd downs illustrate this.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:46 PM 08-26-2022

If I was the chiefs I'd give him 15-20 touches a game I would put him on the shelf until the playoffs. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt, but he's our best back in all situations IMO.
FYP.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:20 PM 08-26-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I've been very vocal on my rb thoughts, but again, I don't even need you to be Jamaal Charles back there.

We have a legit OL and a passing game that rivals any team in the league. Teams are literally daring you to run the ball. You don't have to be great. Just keep it ahead of the chains, hit your singles and doubles and lets go.
Let's say both CEH and Pacheco end up, say, 5% below what's blocked.

The way Pacheco would go about getting there is more valuable to a team who's trying to pull defenses out of a shell.

He may have more completely ineffective runs than CEH would have, but the effective ones have a chance to be big hitters. That threat may be enough to make defenses think twice about selling out to slow the pass.

That's why I keep calling for speed out of the backfield. CEH, even the best version of him, really won't pressure defenses much. He won't threaten to house one or out-run an angle when someone is playing a little too deep.

But if this were a run first football team I think the best option of the lot is Ronald Jones. He's more likely to 'get what's blocked' than Pacheco; more likely to outrun a guy or pop off a big gain than MEH. He's just a pretty good little rusher.

But we ain't a run first football team so I'm still not 100% sure he's a fit here. I'd try to get him on the roster, but I'm not Andy Reid so who knows?
[Reply]
DaFace 04:49 PM 09-11-2022
:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:08 PM 09-11-2022
I missed basically the entire 1st quarter thanks to those assholes in Cincinnati, but CEH's numbers looked good.

We're going against Arizona's practice squad today but credit where it's due. He had a great day.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 43
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up