ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 125
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Isaih Pacheco Thread*****
Dante84 04:32 PM 04-30-2022
More to come!

"You alive Isiah?!"

Watch the moment our newest running back got the call ���� pic.twitter.com/lDuOnm0ZsE

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:07 AM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This kid's highlights are pretty impressive, I think we might have a star on our hands.
Pacheco’s stats last season at Rutgers don’t jump off the page.

Pacheco rushed for 647 yards in 167 attempts (3.9 yards per rush) and caught 13 passes for 25 yards. He was an honorable mention on the All-Big Ten team by both coaches and the media.

But Peter Schrager, an analyst for Fox Sports and the NFL Network, believes the Chiefs got a steal by picking Pacheco. On Thursday’s “Good Morning Football,” Schrager and Tom Pelissero shared their favorite late-round draft picks/undrafted free agent signings.

“If you haven’t seen Pacheco play, he’s one of the most explosive running backs in this draft, somehow falls to the seventh round to the Kansas City Chiefs,” Schrager said. “What I love about this kid is his story, an unbelievable one where he has lost two different siblings to heinous, heinous situations. He has lost both his brother and his sister. He is carrying on the tradition of his entire family.

“Pacheco wears that with the name is on his jersey but he is carrying a whole town, a whole family and I loved watching him play at Rutgers, and the fact he is now on the big stage, I could not be happier for him going to the Chiefs. Awesome kid, awesome story, and I think he might make an immediate impact on Day 1 for the Kansas City Chiefs out of their backfield.”

Pacheco, who rushed for 2,442 yards in four seasons at Rutgers, has endured two family tragedies, as Schrager noted. Keith Sargeant’s story for NJ.com said Pacheco’s brother was stabbed to death in 2016, and 21 months later his sister was shot and killed.

“I play football for them,’’ Pacheco, 22, told NJ.com. “My family had a lot of ups and downs. When my brother first passed and then my sister passed a year later, it really hurt my mom deep inside. I’m the youngest one out of all my brothers and sisters and I kind of bring that smile to my mom’s face when I’m out here on this field just grinding away, taking care of my school work and showing what I have to do to get to that next level.”

Pacheco will have that chance with the Chiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:29 AM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

Pacheco rushed for 647 yards in 167 attempts (3.9 yards per rush) and caught 13 passes for 25 yards. He was an honorable mention on the All-Big Ten team by both coaches and the media.

But Peter Schrager, an analyst for Fox Sports and the NFL Network, believes the Chiefs got a steal by picking Pacheco. On Thursday’s “Good Morning Football,” Schrager and Tom Pelissero shared their favorite late-round draft picks/undrafted free agent signings.

“If you haven’t seen Pacheco play, he’s one of the most explosive running backs in this draft, somehow falls to the seventh round to the Kansas City Chiefs,” Schrager said. “What I love about this kid is his story, an unbelievable one where he has lost two different siblings to heinous, heinous situations. He has lost both his brother and his sister. He is carrying on the tradition of his entire family.

“Pacheco wears that with the name is on his jersey but he is carrying a whole town, a whole family and I loved watching him play at Rutgers, and the fact he is now on the big stage, I could not be happier for him going to the Chiefs. Awesome kid, awesome story, and I think he might make an immediate impact on Day 1 for the Kansas City Chiefs out of their backfield.”

Pacheco, who rushed for 2,442 yards in four seasons at Rutgers, has endured two family tragedies, as Schrager noted. Keith Sargeant’s story for NJ.com said Pacheco’s brother was stabbed to death in 2016, and 21 months later his sister was shot and killed.

“I play football for them,’’ Pacheco, 22, told NJ.com. “My family had a lot of ups and downs. When my brother first passed and then my sister passed a year later, it really hurt my mom deep inside. I’m the youngest one out of all my brothers and sisters and I kind of bring that smile to my mom’s face when I’m out here on this field just grinding away, taking care of my school work and showing what I have to do to get to that next level.”

I never watched him play in college but a friend who did told me that Pacheco was a good player on a bad team. Said Pacheco stood out.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:47 AM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
But he still got 2 years of being one of the feature backs, and will get every opportunity next year to prove himself before we finally bench him. That's what I mean.
Who on the roster would you have rather seen get CEH's carries? Boring shitty Darrell Williams? Old washed up fart Leveon Bell? Darwin Thompson?

McKinnon was great, but any team that thinks, "It's cool, we've got McKinnon" is going to be disappointed when he breaks down again. So we're left with everybody's favorite nobody Derrick Gore.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 10:57 AM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I never watched him play in college but a friend who did told me that Pacheco was a good player on a bad team. Said Pacheco stood out.
The playing on a bad team thing is overstated. If you look at their results last year they had some blow out wins, and his numbers were still mediocre. The tape and and numbers matchup. Odds are better he's a special teamer bottom of the depth chart guy.
[Reply]
golfindude 10:57 AM 05-07-2022
I'm no FB film expert but everything about this kid 'appears' to be say STAR with the Chiefs offense..
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:12 AM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
The playing on a bad team thing is overstated. If you look at their results last year they had some blow out wins, and his numbers were still mediocre. The tape and and numbers matchup. Odds are better he's a special teamer bottom of the depth chart guy.
If he wins the 3rd RB spot he will be getting carries.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:23 AM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think you're overrating what Hunt did here. He was a good player, for sure. He was also found in the 3rd round cheaply.
Hunt would not be seeing 3 man fronts with 8 dropping into coverage.

Clyde tosses Humphreys salad on about half his carries because he has NO awareness or vision whatsoever.

I'd love to see the stat on wasted first downs handing this midget the football.
[Reply]
threebag 12:02 PM 05-07-2022
Hopefully we’re getting closer to the handoff out the door for CEH, the dude sucks
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:10 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Who on the roster would you have rather seen get CEH's carries? Boring shitty Darrell Williams? Old washed up fart Leveon Bell? Darwin Thompson?

McKinnon was great, but any team that thinks, "It's cool, we've got McKinnon" is going to be disappointed when he breaks down again. So we're left with everybody's favorite nobody Derrick Gore.
We'd have worked harder to find another RB if CEH wasn't basically guaranteed the top spot for 2 years (until the playoffs last year). And he's guaranteed a spot on the roster this year and at least some time as one of the top two backs, until/unless they finally give up on him and relegate him to #3. Then it will be over.

If he wasn't a #1 pick, the way he looked last year I think he doesn't even make the 53-man roster. He's slow, small and has bad vision. And for whatever reason they don't trust throwing the ball to him either.

But again - I'm not arguing that a RB is never worth it at #32 like some are here. Just pointing out that it sucks that we had to give CEH so much playing time last year when he basically had one highlight all year (the TD where he banged off a bunch of guys then stomped around in the end zone) and then of course got hurt immediately after. Our OL opened up some massive holes last year, and CEH looked like me running through them.

Like any #1 pick - you're kind of married to them for 2.5 years-ish before you can give up on them. Unless they're just a complete joke.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:22 PM 05-07-2022
I dunno.

Seems like a good kid, with some legit speed, but 3.9ypc isn't very exciting.

I'm pretty doubtful he's anything other than JAG, but who knows? May is the time for dreaming.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:29 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

The Chiefs took several players with motivation besides money. All good character guys with a higher purpose. I am hopeing for the best.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:33 PM 05-07-2022
The Ole miss kid will beat this guy out. Everyone is infatuated with the 40 time but he simply isn't that good
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:50 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
We'd have worked harder to find another RB if CEH wasn't basically guaranteed the top spot for 2 years (until the playoffs last year). And he's guaranteed a spot on the roster this year and at least some time as one of the top two backs, until/unless they finally give up on him and relegate him to #3. Then it will be over.

If he wasn't a #1 pick, the way he looked last year I think he doesn't even make the 53-man roster. He's slow, small and has bad vision. And for whatever reason they don't trust throwing the ball to him either.

But again - I'm not arguing that a RB is never worth it at #32 like some are here. Just pointing out that it sucks that we had to give CEH so much playing time last year when he basically had one highlight all year (the TD where he banged off a bunch of guys then stomped around in the end zone) and then of course got hurt immediately after. Our OL opened up some massive holes last year, and CEH looked like me running through them.
So I guess my overall point is I'm not disappointed with the strategy the Chiefs have taken to handling the RB position. They identified that their offense could be 2018-potent if they had an elite RB, and they invested resources (a high draft pick) to go get one. He ended up not doing what they thought he would, but that doesn't take away from the strategy and the thought process. Even if they brought in more guys last year, they wouldn't be big investments, because it was far more important to fix the OL. This is the first offseason since the CEH pick that they've had a slight amount of wiggle room (in terms of cap and draft picks) to bring in more competition.

You're placing a high importance on getting the next Kareem Hunt in here, but if the team threw everything at securing that kind of player, you'd probably not like the result. As it is, they ARE making high investments at the RB position where they can given what they know about the personnel currently on the team.
[Reply]
Jethopper 02:17 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
The Ole miss kid will beat this guy out. Everyone is infatuated with the 40 time but he simply isn't that good
100% Ealy is a decent RB
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:46 PM 05-07-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Ealy has also clocked a 4.37 sec 40-yard dash, has significantly more experience catching the ball, returns kicks and punts, and I agree 100% has a really good chance of making the team especially if he can add another 10 lbs to his frame to get him to 200 lbs.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 125
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up