ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 152 of 256
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:24 PM 02-21-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Lol. I remember the first time I played, I attacked a fort and did not trap the beacon first. Next thing you know, the place was swarming with all sorts of troops with reinforcements coming. I quickly maxed out my bounty and I was also swarmed by mercenaries. Little did I know, but one was the guy (name eludes me) that was by himself at the top of the mercenary ranks (the one that gives you the flaming horse) and found out he was also part of the cult. It was epic and caught me off guard. Never thought that happened with any other cult members like you did until now.
I fired up the game after dinner and literally had this happen (killed a previously unknown cultist) within 5 minutes of starting.
[Reply]
lcarus 05:16 AM 02-22-2022
I got to the area in Dying Light 2 where you first get the paraglider. The map is a lot bigger and more robust than I thought. It's almost overwhelming how much shit there is to explore.

I'm trying to knock out as much as possible before Elden Ring on Friday, since I know that's gonna be my #1 priority for the next few weeks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:47 AM 02-22-2022
I'm finally hooked. I discovered these multi-stage side quests last night. I did one where I defended a village full of women from some bandits and another where I defended a village from pirates. Each one of them had like 5 or 6 sub-quests so it was like a little mini-series inside the game. Really cool stuff.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:46 AM 02-22-2022
Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 a few days ago (on sale on PSN). I pre-ordered the game and ended up getting a refund from Sony due to the shitstorm, so I've avoided it like the plague, just waiting for the next gen upgrade (and this 1.5 patch). It's fantastic. The game is so cool, it's almost overwhelming at times.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:45 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm finally hooked. I discovered these multi-stage side quests last night. I did one where I defended a village full of women from some bandits and another where I defended a village from pirates. Each one of them had like 5 or 6 sub-quests so it was like a little mini-series inside the game. Really cool stuff.
Whenever I think of pirates, I think of the town in the Pirate Islands where people you fight are intermingled with the town people. Lol you kill a few baddies and take a quick break to upgrade weapons and go back to killing as villagers wander by.

Another under appreciated aspects of the game is all the side stuff that goes on at the same time. With that same town, I watched as wild boars make their way into the town and attacks the bad guys and random Soldiers that appear. One accidentally strikes the other and then they start fighting. It’s hilarious and happens all over. I have been able to get guards in a fort to attack mercenaries chasing me (although I am not always successful). I have released caged wild animals and watch them kill Soldier’s in the fort as well. It’s just small nuances in that game that I love.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:07 PM 02-22-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Whenever I think of pirates, I think of the town in the Pirate Islands where people you fight are intermingled with the town people. Lol you kill a few baddies and take a quick break to upgrade weapons and go back to killing as villagers wander by.

Another under appreciated aspects of the game is all the side stuff that goes on at the same time. With that same town, I watched as wild boars make their way into the town and attacks the bad guys and random Soldiers that appear. One accidentally strikes the other and then they start fighting. It’s hilarious and happens all over. I have been able to get guards in a fort to attack mercenaries chasing me (although I am not always successful). I have released caged wild animals and watch them kill Soldier’s in the fort as well. It’s just small nuances in that game that I love.
I completed a quest on Keos that basically pacified the whole Pirate Islands, so no killing villagers for me, they're no longer hostile. :-)

And yes, I love releasing animals into a camp, that's about the only use I have for my bow right now - remote garage door opener. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:46 PM 02-22-2022
These were the days of my early gaming

[Reply]
Pants 12:47 AM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Picked up Cyberpunk 2077 a few days ago (on sale on PSN). I pre-ordered the game and ended up getting a refund from Sony due to the shitstorm, so I've avoided it like the plague, just waiting for the next gen upgrade (and this 1.5 patch). It's fantastic. The game is so cool, it's almost overwhelming at times.
The quests and the graphics are incredible and next level stuff. I also felt like the character animations were just a complete quantum leap and made every other game looks like complete ass in comparison. It was just mind-blowing to me.

Just sucks that the open world was so weakly implemented.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:03 AM 02-23-2022
Elden Ring reviews are overwhelmingly positive, was a 96 on meta critic last I saw lol…

I cannot wait…so hyped.
[Reply]
Fish 10:06 AM 02-23-2022
Elden Ring sure looks cool. But the fact that it's a Souls game will prevent me from ever playing it. Fuck those games and their shit fight mechanics.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Elden Ring reviews are overwhelmingly positive, was a 96 on meta critic last I saw lol…

I cannot wait…so hyped.
That game looked awesome.....until I realized it was basically Dark Souls but open world. No fucking thanks.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:08 AM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by Pants:
The quests and the graphics are incredible and next level stuff. I also felt like the character animations were just a complete quantum leap and made every other game looks like complete ass in comparison. It was just mind-blowing to me.

Just sucks that the open world was so weakly implemented.
I bought that months ago. Played for a few hours and then just quit. It wasn't a difficulty thing - it just didn't interest me. Can't really put my finger on the reason.

Perhaps I should pick it up again at some point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:10 AM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Elden Ring sure looks cool. But the fact that it's a Souls game will prevent me from ever playing it. Fuck those games and their shit fight mechanics.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That game looked awesome.....until I realized it was basically Dark Souls but open world. No fucking thanks.
These.
[Reply]
SuperChief 01:33 PM 02-23-2022
So it's apparently the most "accessible" Souls-like offering from FromSoft, so there's that. I'd recommend taking a gander at the review below and making your judgements from there:

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:34 PM 02-23-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
So it's apparently the most "accessible" Souls-like offering from FromSoft, so there's that. I'd recommend taking a gander at the review below and making your judgements from there:

From what I've read so far, "accessible" means making dying easier on the player, whereas I prefer a game to make staying alive easier. :-)
[Reply]
Page 152 of 256
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Up