ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 207 of 221
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:14 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)
Love catching Bass in the early morning and evening during the summer.
Yep they bite just fine in the dog days of summer, just gotta fish the right spots and times
[Reply]
loochy 03:54 PM 08-02-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Thats not so, according to everything I've read

A fish' metabolism is higher when its hot, the hotter it is, the hungrier they are
No, it sucks beacsue

1) it's hot AF outside and not enjoyable
2) they head deep to seek the cooler water and that makes them harder to access
3) they come up at dawn and dusk, but who wants to get up at dawn?

Fish are catchable in any season, but some times are much more enjoyable than others
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:40 PM 10-01-2022
Check this shit out. Busted for shoving 8 pounds of led balls down his catch to win tournament.

NSFW because you can vaguely hear one guy cussing in the background

[Reply]
stumppy 06:15 PM 10-01-2022
A couple of scumbag, cheating, low down, piece of shit motherfuckers.

I'm surprised they were even allowed in the tournament considering one of the failed polygraph for a tourny and disqualified in 2021.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:47 PM 10-01-2022
Just think , he had to go home and tell the wife :

Hi Honey , how was your tournament, Did you win again ?

Well the good news is , yeah we won.

The bad news is they found out how!
[Reply]
ghak99 06:54 PM 10-01-2022
This really blew up on social media. Tiktok even blew it up in a non fishing type of trend and a lot of people who know nothing about fishing tournaments got exposed to the bad side of the sport.

There are several other social media pictures where, with hindsight, you can clearly see odd lumps in the bellies of other fish they claimed unusually heavy weights on.
[Reply]
stumppy 07:03 PM 10-01-2022
From the size of those fish it looks like they may have had enough to win anyways.:-)

There's a bunch of pissed off mofos who been taking 2cnd place to those two. That's a helluva a lot of money to get cheated out of.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:06 PM 10-01-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
From the size of those fish it looks like they may have had enough to win anyways.:-)

There's a bunch of pissed off mofos who been taking 2cnd place to those two. That's a helluva a lot of money to get cheated out of.
That's what I thought. They weighed 33 pounds with the 8 pounds of led and the 2nd place was 16 pounds. They fucked themselves.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:18 PM 10-02-2022
Heard today those guys have raked in over 3 million the last few years.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:20 PM 10-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Check this shit out. Busted for shoving 8 pounds of led balls down his catch to win tournament.

NSFW because you can vaguely hear one guy cussing in the background

Watched all about it this morning over coffee

Worst thing I've ever seen, fishing wise... those guys should've gotten their ass beat right then and there
[Reply]
Sofa King 04:44 PM 10-03-2022
Just because they had the fish doesn't mean they caught them that day, or that they even caught them at all. Cheating doesn't have to stop with weights. They could have other people drop fish off to them, catch them days early, etc. You see it in bass tournaments some times where they have bass in a box with a bobber on it and they pull the pre-caught bass out.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:03 PM 10-03-2022
Those turds apparently also won six other recent tourneys, almost certainly using the same methods

You'd think it would be easier to spot, you pick up an obvious three pounder that feels more like five?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:16 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Those turds apparently also won six other recent tourneys, almost certainly using the same methods

You'd think it would be easier to spot, you pick up an obvious three pounder that feels more like five?
Why they don't run a metal detector across all the fish baskets is beyond me.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:23 PM 10-03-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Why they don't run a metal detector across all the fish baskets is beyond me.

At first blush that seems terribly obvious. The problem is reality. Fish eat all sorts of things, and it's not that unusual to find old hooks/metal beads/etc. inside a fish's guts.

And also I think a big party of it is just that fishing tournaments to a large extent operate on the honor system. At least they used to 30 years ago when I used to enter them.
[Reply]
The Refs 06:13 PM 10-03-2022
If there's anything I hate, it's people that don't follow the rules. Rules were made to be followed.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 221
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217 > Last »
Up