ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 221
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:03 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Nice looking canal, what was your bait... corn, doughball?
Animaaal muppet fly
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:06 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Animaaal muppet fly
Fly fishing urban canals for monsters?

Thats next level fishing, you rock :-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:09 PM 01-30-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Fly fishing urban canals for monsters?

Thats next level fishing, you rock :-)
Hooked one that probably went close to 40 lbs. It was like trying to stop a golden retriever with a car antenna and some dental floss:-)
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:31 PM 01-31-2022

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:31 PM 01-31-2022
Carp is not a game fish , Try something else!!
[Reply]
loochy 10:32 PM 01-31-2022
Holy carp dude
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:24 PM 02-06-2022
Fish experts say the catch is about as rare as winning a lottery — and one Minnesota angler hit the jackpot when he reeled in a golden crappie.

That angler is Rick Konakowitz who says he was using a “glow devil” lure when the once-in-a-lifetime fish struck his line.

“I thought maybe it was a sunfish or because of the color,” Konakowitz said. “When I pulled it out, I looked at it and said ‘what is this?’” he added about the golden crappie caught on Clear Lake, near New Ulm.

“They’re extremely rare in wild populations,” Dr. Alec Lackmann, a postdoctoral researcher at the University of Minnesota Duluth, said.

“It was pretty striking to see such a vividly bright orange golden color like that,” Lackmann said about seeing the picture of the golden crappie for the first time.

Lackmann said the fish is a “Xanthic Crappie,” but added it’s safe to call it a golden crappie. Like an albino animal, Lackmann said the fish has an over-expression of pigment — for this fish it’s a yellow pigment, giving it that bright yellow, gold and orange color.

Fish geneticist for the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR), Loren Miller said the catch can be compared to winning the lottery.

“It’s a rarity for sure for any one individual to manage to catch one,” Miller said.

Both fish experts say there’s a chance there are more crappies like this near the lake it was caught. They also said they were surprised this specific fish lived as long as it has — that’s because its flashy, bright color is a target for predators.

https://kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/...innesota-lake/
[Reply]
bdj23 08:40 PM 02-06-2022
As much as I like fishing, I think I'd rather win the lottery.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:48 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Did you look at his ice house? Looks like he already did. Pretty cool fish. I can see why they are rare. In those waters I wouldn't think they'd live long being that color.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:18 PM 02-06-2022
There are some crazy ass ice fishing houses in this state.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:18 AM 02-07-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Did you look at his ice house? Looks like he already did. Pretty cool fish. I can see why they are rare. In those waters I wouldn't think they'd live long being that color.
Heh right, thats the most tricked out ice fishing hut I've ever seen
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:39 AM 03-19-2022
Pulling off a fish house on Lake of the Woods. Off date is March 31 there

A Minnesota fishing guide's video of an ice house removal on Lake of the Woods has gone viral.

Eric Best, a fishing guide at a northern Minnesota resort, posted the video on a Lake of the Woods Facebook group. The video is recorded from the passenger window of a truck that is towing a skid ice house along a flooded ice road, with water up to the bottom of the doors on the truck.

"That's a lot of f****** water. Holy f***," a voice says in the video.

The video has been shared more than 3,000 times in less than a day.

While the video looks ominous, Best said the ice on the lake was still "over 3 feet thick" and the water in the video is melted snow on top of the ice.

"I’ve seen some people [comment] bashing, like always, saying we should have had the house off a long time ago, this and that," Best said in an email to Bring Me The News. "The truth is, we’re allowed to have houses out until the end of this month and the condition of our road was nothing like that a day prior."

Because Lake of the Woods is located on the Minnesota-Canada border, the ice removal date is at 11:59 p.m. on March 31. Minnesota assigns ice removal dates depending on each lake's location.

The ice road they were on is located in the Baudette area. Best said about half of the mile-long road was flooded, while other ice roads in the area were passable.

https://www.facebook.com/10000157701...8071622130378/
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:22 AM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
The reason I want to win the lottery is so I can go fishing all the time
[Reply]
stumppy 12:03 PM 03-22-2022
51lbs, helluva catch. W. Virginia state record.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ca...?ocid=msedgntp
Attached: AAVmZf0.jpg (168.5 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:09 PM 03-22-2022
Wow had no idea Virginia had muskies
[Reply]
Page 202 of 221
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206212 > Last »
Up