ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 194 of 221
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
bdj23 03:34 PM 07-13-2021
I'll get back to it eventually and I absolutely cannot wait for the first time to take her out!
[Reply]
R8RFAN 04:08 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I'll get back to it eventually and I absolutely cannot wait for the first time to take her out!
Nothing like it man, remember taking mine out, now she is married and has a baby and will be 25 in a couple days. The time will fly. savor it
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:33 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
wtf is wrong with me, I have a 2018 Tracker just sitting in the garage ...
Have a nice side scan system on it and and ipilot and it just sits there even when I have the time

I remember complimenting you on that boat the day you posted about it... maybe even in this thread?

If you're gonna buy an expensive toy like that, its a damn shame to not get your moneys worth out of it

Get out there and go, you can find the time

Originally Posted by BDj23:
I miss fishing so much but it's impossible to find the time with a little baby
Oh nonsense man, you have the time if you need it
:-)

Granted I'm not married with a newborn, but its been a great summer of fishing for me... from a legit 40 pound blue cat, a "medium size dog" as I always describe it a few months ago in Lake of The Ozarks

Right down to small creeks less than 5 minutes from my place, yanking out keeper size bass, and all the bluegill you want

If getting out to those big and crowded river spots you like is too much effort, I'd bet very good money there are other spots nearby that are not only fun... but hold enough keeper sizes for the dinner table if thats your thing
[Reply]
ptlyon 05:47 PM 07-13-2021
Keeper sized bass? Who the hell eats that?

That said, carp is delicious, when cooked correctly.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:49 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:

small bass taste good
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:59 PM 07-13-2021

I'll eat bass 8 days a week before ever jacking around with carp

If only I had a dollar for everyone who ever told me "oh I know how to get ALL those bones out!"... only to get jabbed straight in the gums or roof of my mouth with several needles in every filet

I've had "carp cakes" similar to salmon patties where the bones and meat are boiled into mush then fried, that are edible... but thats way too much work for me
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:18 PM 07-13-2021
Bones are part of carp. You don't take them out. You eat the flesh around them.

Buffalo is the same. And both are good. I will say taking them out of a warm lake, I'm not sure.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:55 PM 07-13-2021

WHEN FISH FLY.

No, it's not hyperbole. It's the time of year when we stock high-elevation lakes aerially. Because the fish are small and released along with water, they easily survive their airplane drop without injury. See the entire video: https://t.co/gfiVvrCGMl pic.twitter.com/afBNlTCg21

— UtahDWR (@UtahDWR) July 9, 2021

[Reply]
A8bil 10:28 PM 07-13-2021
Everything I read out west says you guys should be getting the 17 year cicadas hatch this year. Is that happening? Utah, Wyoming and Colorado had it 2 years ago and it was ridiculous. Hundreds of bugs dropping out of the sky and trout were scarfing them down. Never caught so many large fish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:46 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by A8bil:
Everything I read out west says you guys should be getting the 17 year cicadas hatch this year. Is that happening? Utah, Wyoming and Colorado had it 2 years ago and it was ridiculous. Hundreds of bugs dropping out of the sky and trout were scarfing them down. Never caught so many large fish.
Read about it for months leading up to spring, but they never materialized here in west central Illinois

The rare fishing bait would've been cool, but I wont miss the noise
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 06:10 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
wtf is wrong with me, I have a 2018 Tracker just sitting in the garage ...

Have a nice side scan system on it and and ipilot and it just sits there even when I have the time

Side scan?

Get yourself a drag-and-snag and look for bodies.

Might even get paid for your trouble.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 06:57 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood75nro:
Side scan?

Get yourself a drag-and-snag and look for bodies.

Might even get paid for your trouble.
It's nothing fancy like a pan optix system just basic side scan , clear vue and traditional view with gps the ipilot is cool though and will never be outdated
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:01 AM 07-14-2021
Bones are part of carp. You don't take them out. You eat the flesh around them.

Buffalo is the same. And both are good. I will say taking them out of a warm lake, I'm not sure.
Buffalo are much tastier than common carp.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:08 AM 07-14-2021
I would agree with that statement
[Reply]
A8bil 11:17 AM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Read about it for months leading up to spring, but they never materialized here in west central Illinois

The rare fishing bait would've been cool, but I wont miss the noise
Yeah...the noise was deafening at times, but from a fishing stand point, it doesn't get much better.
[Reply]
Page 194 of 221
« First < 94144184190191192193194 195196197198204 > Last »
Up