ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 34
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk Wide Receivers
Titty Meat 10:42 PM 01-13-2023
It's fucking DEEP. Off the top of my head first round potential guys:

Jalin Hyatt Tenny
Cedric Tillman Tenny
Jonathan Mingo
Quentin Johnston TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba Ohio State
Kayshon Boutte LSU
Jordan Addison USC
[Reply]
RunKC 02:32 PM 03-29-2023
A lot of these receivers are so slow and so undersized that it really drops off after the late 2nd rd.

We should be able to get one of these guys in rd 2. Maybe Mims, Palmer, Scott etc. that’s about where their value is~mid-to-late 2nd rd~
[Reply]
RunKC 07:11 PM 03-29-2023
I am with Detox here on Rice. Looked a little more at him today and actually like him a lot.

SMU WR Rashee Rice
HT/WT: 6'1" / 204
Arm/Hand: 32.75" / 9.5"
40: 4.51
10: 1.49
Vert: 41"
Broad: 10'8"

Brandon Aiyuk
HT/WT: 6'0" / 205
Arm/Hand: 33.5" / 9.75"
40: 4.50
10: 1.52
Vert: 40"
Broad: 10'8"

— Chris Trapasso (@ChrisTrapasso) March 6, 2023


I agree he gives me Aiyuk vibes. Not as good as him, but a similar type of player. I think he would be a good pick at 63
[Reply]
In58men 07:12 PM 03-29-2023



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:18 PM 03-29-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
A lot of these receivers are so slow and so undersized that it really drops off after the late 2nd rd.

We should be able to get one of these guys in rd 2. Maybe Mims, Palmer, Scott etc. thatís about where their value is~mid-to-late 2nd rd~
I like Rice and Perry but I don't think either of them is available at the bottom of the 2nd.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:27 PM 03-29-2023
Just saw Rice was 4th in CFB in YAC last year. He was the best player at YAC in this draft. Easy to see why we like him.
[Reply]
O.city 07:46 AM 03-30-2023
Rashee is my favorite WR in this class. Shit.....he won't make it to 62 though.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:28 AM 04-01-2023
Rice has been one of my favorites in this class. He's like that fringe guy I wouldn't be against taking in round 1. I also think it might be wishful to hope he'd last to 63.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:43 AM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Rice has been one of my favorites in this class. He's like that fringe guy I wouldn't be against taking in round 1. I also think it might be wishful to hope he'd last to 63.
Maybe somebody will want a guy at #31 and we can trade down ten spots and grab him.

Or maybe we give a third to move up to grab him, and then trade the two fourths to get back into the third.

Who knows?

I like him. I also like Mingo. and Palmer. and Mims. I think any of these guys might be really good in this offense by year two.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 AM 04-01-2023
Andre Iosivas is so goddamn intriguing.
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:28 PM 04-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andre Iosivas is so goddamn intriguing.
From his measurables, yes. But looking at this film, I wasn't impressed. For the speed he has, against the Ivy League competition, he does not get a lot of separation on his routes. The DB is always at his hip. Pass.
[Reply]
O.city 08:15 AM 04-04-2023
Man... the more I watch Tank Dell....what am I supposed to not like there?

I know he's small, but shit he gets open alot....like a whole lot.

I'd like him alot better in the third than some of these guys in the first.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Rice has been one of my favorites in this class. He's like that fringe guy I wouldn't be against taking in round 1. I also think it might be wishful to hope he'd last to 63.
Yeah, Rice was staying under the radar for a long while and I was absolutely on the Rice at 63 train.

But I think you're right that he won't last to there and I just have a hard time believing that we'll be sitting at 31 and I'll think "Yeah, that's the best guy on the board..."

It's not impossible, but it sure seems unlikely to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I like Rice and Perry but I don't think either of them is available at the bottom of the 2nd.
I think Perry will be. I think there's a non-zero chance Perry is there in the 3rd.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, Rice was staying under the radar for a long while and I was absolutely on the Rice at 63 train.

But I think you're right that he won't last to there and I just have a hard time believing that we'll be sitting at 31 and I'll think "Yeah, that's the best guy on the board..."

It's not impossible, but it sure seems unlikely to me.

It's where I could really see them getting in trouble by being a bit "needs blinded".

I think Rice would be a great fit here and will work out, but taking him at 31 when there's some guys that have higher ceilings at different spots is tough for me.

If you had a situation where he's your best guy...sure. But I find that hard to figure.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:59 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's where I could really see them getting in trouble by being a bit "needs blinded".

I think Rice would be a great fit here and will work out, but taking him at 31 when there's some guys that have higher ceilings at different spots is tough for me.

If you had a situation where he's your best guy...sure. But I find that hard to figure.
At the same time, if you think Rice is 'a great fit and will work out' then does it really matter if you take him at 31 when he was the 45th player on your board?

When you're talking similarly ranked players (and as many of us have said over and over again, 20-60 in this draft seems awfully similar), does it really matter much if you 'reach' by 10-15 picks if you're not going to get the guy at 63?

It was Pioli's biggest weakness as a GM, IMO -- he didn't try to game the draft any. He took the guy at the top of his board and then again when the next pick came up. I think that approach is just too simplistic. If you can look at various levels of player, see that you have a guy you might like more but who seems more likely to fall and who has better replacements around him if he doesn't, then you deviate a bit from your pure rank order.

That was something I really liked when I heard Veach talk about the Cook pick. They wanted him at 53 according to Veach. But when the WR room cleared out, they went ahead and took Moore figuring that Cook would continue to slide to their pick at the back of 2. It was straight up gaming the draft by Veach and it worked out.

That's really the only scenario where I can see Rice being the pick. They OTs are cleared out, DE looks relatively fungible and Rice is their favorite WR option on the board. So they take Rice thinking that a similar level of DE will still be there at 63.

Maybe it works and maybe it blows up in their face, but over large numbers (and with a GM that has a good feel for the draft) it's going to work more often than it doesn't.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 34
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up