ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Savoring this feeling
Chiefspants 07:18 PM 01-14-2019
Have the last two days felt surreal to anybody else?

Today is a great example. I re-located to Colorado due to my wife's line of work in 2016. I teach for a living, and I'm known for wearing eccentric ties. From 2016-2017, my Chiefs tie was rarely commented on despite being deep in Bronco country, and not only that, it was rarely even noticed.

In 2017, my co-workers all thought I was crazy for picking the Titans victory, and even were a bit startled they couldn't even rib me that season.

Co-worker in 2017: "I see your Chiefs are 5-0"
Me: "Yeah, but it's going to fall apart in the playoffs."
Co-worker in 2017: "Just wait for the.. oh."

Often, if my Chiefs affinity was noticed, it was often greeted with looks of pity. Things changed this year. It started after the Steelers game. Multiple co-workers told me right away, "Yeah. Mahomes is looking good, but just wait until teams figure him out."

That turned into, "Just wait for the playoffs."

And then the Bronco game came - and I was greeted with a cold silence in the breakroom when I walked in. It was a new world. People at gas-stations were commenting on my tie, at the grocery store, all to remind me that the Chiefs would lose in the playoffs, but also - that the Chiefs had a quarterback.

Today was straight out of bizarro world. For the first time ever as an (informed) Chiefs fan, anything felt possible/ Even if we ultimately don't go all the way, that is genuinely the first time I have felt this way since I was in grade school.

Funnily enough, this is also the most I've ever seen Denver fans rooting for us, ever. Multiple people told me today that as painful as it is, they hope we crush Brady.

It's a new era, peeps. I'm going to try to savor every minute.

TLDR - THIS IS FUN!

Repost Police: Sorry about it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:13 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I've seen Bronco fans say same things and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOo please don't, I want Bronco tears when we when it all..

Bronco tears are most tasty i don't want them happy for us at all.
Rest assured, my students caveat for rooting for us was that we’d get crushed in the Super Bowl if we win this week.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up