ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Savoring this feeling
Chiefspants 07:18 PM 01-14-2019
Have the last two days felt surreal to anybody else?

Today is a great example. I re-located to Colorado due to my wife's line of work in 2016. I teach for a living, and I'm known for wearing eccentric ties. From 2016-2017, my Chiefs tie was rarely commented on despite being deep in Bronco country, and not only that, it was rarely even noticed.

In 2017, my co-workers all thought I was crazy for picking the Titans victory, and even were a bit startled they couldn't even rib me that season.

Co-worker in 2017: "I see your Chiefs are 5-0"
Me: "Yeah, but it's going to fall apart in the playoffs."
Co-worker in 2017: "Just wait for the.. oh."

Often, if my Chiefs affinity was noticed, it was often greeted with looks of pity. Things changed this year. It started after the Steelers game. Multiple co-workers told me right away, "Yeah. Mahomes is looking good, but just wait until teams figure him out."

That turned into, "Just wait for the playoffs."

And then the Bronco game came - and I was greeted with a cold silence in the breakroom when I walked in. It was a new world. People at gas-stations were commenting on my tie, at the grocery store, all to remind me that the Chiefs would lose in the playoffs, but also - that the Chiefs had a quarterback.

Today was straight out of bizarro world. For the first time ever as an (informed) Chiefs fan, anything felt possible/ Even if we ultimately don't go all the way, that is genuinely the first time I have felt this way since I was in grade school.

Funnily enough, this is also the most I've ever seen Denver fans rooting for us, ever. Multiple people told me today that as painful as it is, they hope we crush Brady.

It's a new era, peeps. I'm going to try to savor every minute.

TLDR - THIS IS FUN!

Repost Police: Sorry about it.
[Reply]
chinaski 07:33 PM 01-14-2019
I fist bumped a guy wearing a Joe Montana Chiefs Jersey at my local Trader Joes this weekend, Granada Hills California! :-)

All my friends and coworkers who are fans of other teams are really pulling for the Chiefs this weekend. A close friend of mine, a HUGE Patriots fan, texted me and said Mahomes is legit and the Patriots are going to lose.

SHIT IS GETTING REAL! :-)

This is so awesome, I'll be proud either way. It's just an awesome feeling to be a fan of an NFL powerhouse, about friggen time! :-)
[Reply]
eDave 07:35 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I fist bumped a guy wearing a Joe Montana Chiefs Jersey at my local Trader Joes this weekend, Granada Hills California! :-)

All my friends and coworkers who are fans of other teams are really pulling for the Chiefs this weekend. A close friend of mine, a HUGE Patriots fan, texted me and said Mahomes is legit and the Patriots are going to lose.

This is so awesome, I'll be proud either way. It's just an awesome feeling to be a fan of an NFL powerhouse, about friggen time! :-)
Yea. I'm mysteriously seeing more Chiefs fans out here. I always give them a shoutout.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 07:40 PM 01-14-2019
Saw two chiefs fans at the store yesterday. This feeling is so good.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 07:51 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:

Bud are you sure it wasn't actually Joe Montana? Pretty sure his kid goes to HS in Chatsworth or thousand oaks

EDIT: Just looked it up. Westlake Village. Also, his kid played QB for the team, with Wayne Gretzky's kid, Will Smith's kid, and the janitor's kid.

The janitor's kid started.
[Reply]
chinaski 08:03 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Bud are you sure it wasn't actually Joe Montana? Pretty sure his kid goes to HS in Chatsworth or thousand oaks

EDIT: Just looked it up. Westlake Village. Also, his kid played QB for the team, with Wayne Gretzky's kid, Will Smith's kid, and the janitor's kid.

It definitely wasn't Joe, I think the fella actually worked at the store. It was Saturday before the game. :-)

The only Chiefs player I have ran into out here was Tony G, about a decade ago. But he's a local anyway.

Edit: Oh, and Tony G was smaller than I thought he would be. Cut and built like a brick shithouse, but smaller than I expected.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:06 PM 01-14-2019
I know this.....it's only been 2days and it's already the longest week of my life.
[Reply]
Hydrae 08:15 PM 01-14-2019
I stopped at 7-11 downtown Austin this morning for the first time in probably a month. The cashier and I have talked before, he is a big Texans fan. He saw me, 5 people back in line, and started talking to me about how great the game was. Then said that he "has the Chiefs winning it all". It felt weird to talk to the guy over the top of the other customers but great fun!
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:24 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:

It's all about how hungry you are.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:36 PM 01-14-2019
People were commenting on my Chiefs hoodie and beanie yesterday while running errands at WaWa, at my local pet store, and at the grocery store. Redskins fans, Ravens fans (whom we just beat a few weeks ago), Steelers fans (the second worst type of human being on earth), Eagles fans... They're all Chiefs fans this weekend. It's like the twilight zone.

Yes, I'm cherishing every second. I won't go as far as saying that Sunday is a win-win, but what is truly lost other than the first of many AFCCGs Pat and Andy will lead us to? This team, after another draft and round of FA, is only going to get better. I'll be bummed if we lose but holy fuck... Being a Chiefs fan has never been as exciting and I've never felt this optimistic. So I dare say Sunday is almost(?) a win-win?

Edit- To clarify I think we're crushing the Pats, which is stated in each of my posts in the Chiefs-Pats threads. I also think we can beat the Rams or Saints. I haven't conceded defeat, I was simply saying that even if we do lose I'm not going to be depressed all off-season like in year's past
[Reply]
Randallflagg 08:46 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Have the last two days felt surreal to anybody else?

Today is a great example. I re-located to Colorado due to my wife's line of work in 2016. I teach for a living, and I'm known for wearing eccentric ties. From 2016-2017, my Chiefs tie was rarely commented on despite being deep in Bronco country, and not only that, it was rarely even noticed.

In 2017, my co-workers all thought I was crazy for picking the Titans victory, and even were a bit startled they couldn't even rib me that season.

Co-worker in 2017: "I see your Chiefs are 5-0"
Me: "Yeah, but it's going to fall apart in the playoffs."
Co-worker in 2017: "Just wait for the.. oh."

Often, if my Chiefs affinity was noticed, it was often greeted with looks of pity. Things changed this year. It started after the Steelers game. Multiple co-workers told me right away, "Yeah. Mahomes is looking good, but just wait until teams figure him out."

That turned into, "Just wait for the playoffs."

And then the Bronco game came - and I was greeted with a cold silence in the breakroom when I walked in. It was a new world. People at gas-stations were commenting on my tie, at the grocery store, all to remind me that the Chiefs would lose in the playoffs, but also - that the Chiefs had a quarterback.

Today was straight out of bizarro world. For the first time ever as an (informed) Chiefs fan, anything felt possible/ Even if we ultimately don't go all the way, that is genuinely the first time I have felt this way since I was in grade school.

Funnily enough, this is also the most I've ever seen Denver fans rooting for us, ever. Multiple people told me today that as painful as it is, they hope we crush Brady.

It's a new era, peeps. I'm going to try to savor every minute.

TLDR - THIS IS FUN!

Repost Police: Sorry about it.

Every time I think of what is about to happen, I imagine this:

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/atta...1&d=1547520323
Attached: thumbnail.jpeg (60.3 KB) 
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:50 PM 01-14-2019
We had 170 Chief fans attend the Chiefs fan group down here. The game is not till 6:40 my time. I was planning this weeks event.

I didn’t even consider what I’m doing if we win. Planning or thinking of where to party, what we need to do to celebrate. How fucked up are we as Chief fans that we think we can’t be happy as a fan. Something is going to go wrong. Because Chiefs.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:52 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We had 170 Chief fans attend the Chiefs fan group down here. The game is not till 6:40 my time. I was planning this weeks event.

I didn’t even consider what I’m doing if we win. Planning or thinking of where to party, what we need to do to celebrate. How fucked up are we as Chief fans that we think we can’t be happy as a fan. Something is going to go wrong. Because Chiefs.
Nothing is going wrong Sunday. This is our year friend and the first of many.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:00 PM 01-14-2019
I've seen Bronco fans say same things and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOo please don't, I want Bronco tears when we when it all..

Bronco tears are most tasty i don't want them happy for us at all.
[Reply]
Best22 09:08 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I've seen Bronco fans say same things and I'm like NOOOOOOOOOOOOo please don't, I want Bronco tears when we when it all..

Bronco tears are most tasty i don't want them happy for us at all.
Broncos HAD BEEN much better than the Chiefs in the postseason.

It’s important that we win this year and continue to destroy the Broncos. Many of them hate us more than New England
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up