ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets hire Adam Gase to be HC
The Franchise 06:58 PM 01-09-2019

Jets expected to hire HC Adam Gase, per me and @JeffDarlington.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 10, 2019

[Reply]
-King- 08:38 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
No, I'm not. Look at 2013-15. Averaged over 4k yards per season (250 per game) 25 TDs and his INT rate was 2.3% with worse players than he had in 2016 with Gase, completely cherry picking out his performance this year.

If a shitbird like Joe Philbin gets better or even equal production from a QB with worse weapons than your offensive guru, there's a problem.
So once he started getting injured he got worse? Doesn't that apply go every player?
[Reply]
tk13 08:43 PM 01-09-2019
The one thing I'll give Gase is that I've always thought the Dolphins situation was not great and they have one of the worst owners in the league. But I'm not sure how much better it'll be with the Jets. Honestly if they wanted a real QB guru you hire Arians. The guy has made gold out of every QB he's had and he was just about .500 or above every year with multiple playoff appearances in Arizona, which is an achievement. Problem is he wanted Bowles as the DC, and the Jets obviously couldn't do that.
[Reply]
-King- 08:44 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Don't worry though. He brought in guys like Frank Gore and Danny Amendola. Truly a cultured locker room, indeed.
Didn't know he was also the GM.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:46 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Didn't know he was also the GM.
Yeah. He wanted to get rid of players with bad attitudes (in his mind) and bring in veterans that would listen to him with no questions asked, but he had nothing to do with who was brought in.
[Reply]
-King- 08:49 PM 01-09-2019
Yeah. He wanted to get rid of players with bad attitudes (in his mind) and bring in veterans that would listen to him with no questions asked, but he had nothing to do with who was brought in.
So the GM couldn't sign a better player than Danny amendola to be the #1 WR?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:50 PM 01-09-2019
So the GM couldn't sign a better player than Danny amendola to be the #1 WR?
Albert Wilson? He was halfway decent until his hip exploded.
[Reply]
In58men 08:51 PM 01-09-2019
Apparently Peyton Manning loves Gase
[Reply]
-King- 08:55 PM 01-09-2019
Albert Wilson? He was halfway decent until his hip exploded.
I'm not saying Gase is a good coach or anything, but he was handed a pile of shit and was asked to do miracles with it. A 7-9 record honestly doesn't seem that bad when you look at the roster.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:00 PM 01-09-2019
I'm not saying Gase is a good coach or anything, but he was handed a pile of shit and was asked to do miracles with it. A 7-9 record honestly doesn't seem that bad when you look at the roster.
This is all I’m saying.

He pretty much got the most out of that Dolphins team. The fact that he made the playoffs and went 10-6 one year despite his QB being out half the time is about as good as you could’ve asked for given the situation.

Give me a young guy with warts like Gase over an old one like McCarthy any day.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:00 PM 01-09-2019
Meh. They beat the Titans, Raiders, Bills, and Jets twice. Took a miraculous fluke play to beat the Patriots at home and took the Bears to OT before they won.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:16 PM 01-09-2019
The Patriots have to have a hand in this. How can an entire division be this terrible for almost two decades. Don't tell me Tommy/Billy are that good. There is something very rotten in Denmark.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:18 PM 01-09-2019
Don't understand the fascination with Gase. When he was out here in Denver Manning was teaching him.:-):-) What has he done since ?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:20 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Apparently Peyton Manning loves Gase
Because Gase was his student not the other way around.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:27 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Better than McCarthy IMO

I think he’ll be good for Darnold
How many Super Bowls has Gase won as a HC?

Even a dumbshit such as yourself can count to zero.

The Jets are hiring a guy whose team just quit in him, congrats.
[Reply]
2112 09:34 PM 01-09-2019
A rudderless ship a drift in a sea of feces
[Reply]
Page 6 of 14
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up