ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets hire Adam Gase to be HC
The Franchise 06:58 PM 01-09-2019

Jets expected to hire HC Adam Gase, per me and @JeffDarlington.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 10, 2019

[Reply]
wazu 07:22 PM 01-09-2019
Terrible hire. The cycle continues.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:23 PM 01-09-2019
This is great for us. If he can’t develop Darnold to his full potential, that’s a major plus for the AFC playoff picture going forward.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:26 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Then go back to 16 where he still had a drop off despite a big season from Ajayi and Parker, Stills, Landry, and an OL loaded with high draft picks.
Oh you mean the year he had his highest completion % and best rating?

You’re looking at his totals when he missed 3 games and had 200+ less attempts than in the 3 previous years.

Sounds like you just think he should’ve somehow made Tannehill a better QB than he really was.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:32 PM 01-09-2019
Under Gase, Tannehill's INT percentage went up, his TD percentage went down, his YPG dropped.

If Gase was good at developing a QB, you would have seen some measure of improvement from Tannehill in 2016 when he had more weapons, and a better line. But he regressed.

If Gase was a good offensive mind, you would have expected a spike in Chicago. His only year there the Bears were 23rd in the league in points and 21st in yards. The year before...with Marc Trestman, they were 23rd in the league in points and 21st in yards. No, that is not a typo.

Gase doesn't do anything, nor does he really beat the Patriots, going 2-4 against them.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:32 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Bengals. I have a feeling. Down in my plums.
Likewise.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:34 PM 01-09-2019
Adam Gase gets jobs cause he once coached Peyton Manning. He's a shit coach, the Jets continue to Jet.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:35 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh you mean the year he had his highest completion % and best rating?

You’re looking at his totals when he missed 3 games and had 200+ less attempts than in the 3 previous years.

Sounds like you just think he should’ve somehow made Tannehill a better QB than he really was.
Which is why I used YPG instead of raw yardage. Everyone knows you can dink and dunk and improve your completion percentage and rating. It's how Sam Bradford conned NFL teams out of 130 million dollars. It's why idiots like you thought Alex Smith was a viable QB. It also doesn't translate.

He didn't have to make Tannehill better than he was capable of, but he made him an objectively worse quarterback. QBs with more weapons and more experience generally improve unless they're put in bad systems or have bad coaches. Gase has never done anything for any team. Manning ran the show in Denver, installing his own system, and Gase's presence in Chicago couldn't even improve upon the dumpster fire that was Marc Trestman.
[Reply]
tk13 07:36 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Jets want a coach who can beat the Patriots. Gase has proven to be a guy who can beat the Patriots.
Widely considered to be an offensive guru and works well with QBs.

I can see why the Jets hired him. Not bad IMO.
Brady has never played well against the Dolphins. I think it has more to do with that than Gase.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:38 PM 01-09-2019
:-) Take a wild guess as to who his new DC will probably be.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:38 PM 01-09-2019
He didn’t even get a full season out of the guy in 3 fucking years :-)

He played 24 games for Gase, and in half of those his WR’s weren’t healthy.

It’s hard to make a QB like Tannehill look good or better than he is when he’s not even on the field 50% of the time.

I live in South Florida so the Fins are like a second team (that I hate) and even the fans that wanted Gase gone will tell you he got the most out of Tannehill.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:40 PM 01-09-2019
He didn’t even get a full season out of the guy in 3 fucking years :-)

He played 24 games for Gase, and in half of those his WR’s weren’t healthy.

It’s hard to make a QB like Tannehill look good or better than he is when he’s not even on the field 50% of the time.

I live in South Florida so the Fins are like a second team (that I hate) and even the fans that wanted Gase gone will tell you he got the most out of Tannehill.
You don't have to make Tannehill better than he is. You have to make him not worse than he was. Gase didn't do that.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:43 PM 01-09-2019
Adam Gase just sucks ok, let's not have a fucking debate. The only time he ever did shit was when he had a job I could have fucking done the same.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:43 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You don't have to make Tannehill better than he is. You have to make him not worse than he was. Gase didn't do that.
But the only reason you’re saying he’s worse is because you’re comparing his #’s with Gase, whom he could even finish a season for, to a career year when he played 16 games and everything went right.

Of course his numbers aren’t going to look as good. They’re still not even that much worse.

What you’re trying to do is intellectually dishonest.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:47 PM 01-09-2019
But the only reason you’re saying he’s worse is because you’re comparing his #’s with Gase, whom he could even finish a season for, to a career year when he played 16 games and everything went right.

Of course his numbers aren’t going to look as good. They’re still not even that much worse.

What you’re trying to do is intellectually dishonest.
Adam Gase is an offensive guru who only produced good offensive numbers when he had Peyton Manning, see a problem here?
[Reply]
staylor26 07:49 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Adam Gase is an offensive guru who only produced good offensive numbers when he had Peyton Manning, see a problem here?
I’m sure that has nothing to do with the QB’s he’s had since.

Cutler had one of his best years with Gase (career low INT’s and career high QBR) and he got the most out of Tannehill despite the fact that he’s been a brokedick since he got there.

That’s all that matters.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up