ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 29
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Forecast For Saturday is Wet and Cold
gblowfish 02:00 PM 01-08-2019
Hope the rain is over before kickoff. I can deal with snow. Rain and freezing rain, not so much...

From the KC Star today:

It’s still a little more than 100 hours until kickoff of Saturday afternoon’s AFC Divisional Playoff game between the Chiefs and Colts at Arrowhead Stadium.

Obviously, a lot can happen between now and then regarding the weather, but it never hurts to take an early look at what the conditions might be like for the game.

At this time, it seems that Saturday could be chilly and wet at Arrowhead. I looked at what two national weather forecasters and four local meteorologists are saying could happen. They all seem to agree that precipitation is coming but not when it will happen:

The National Weather Service is calling for rain and snow on Friday night that will transition to snow. On Saturday, its forecast says, “Rain and snow likely, becoming all rain after noon, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
KurtCauley 12:21 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by deadman:
Cold and windy day in Houston? NRG Stadium has a retractable roof but I believe it was closed in both games down there for the Colts.

The Colts did, however, play @Titans in the rain but it was not really cold. Maybe this is what you are thinking of?

I do not think it rained in Jacksonville either. The Colts O got embarrassed by a divisional opponent in fine weather.

It may have rained @ the Eagles in week 3 and the Colts did lose that game.

I'm not sure the weather is going to have much of an impact on this game. If it turns out to be very windy or heavy snow, my opinion may change.
http://www.nflweather.com/en/week/2018/week-3/
[Reply]
otherstar 02:43 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I think it is the 3rd coldest game on record for the NFl. Worst one I ever went to in all my years as a season ticket holder.

You know it is cold when you buy a Hot Chocolate and by the time you get to your seat, there is a layer of ice on top of it.
That happened to me with my "hot" chocolate too! I'd forgotten about that. It wasn't all that hot after that either.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:50 PM 01-09-2019
Odds of precipitation at kickoff are reducing. With the heated field, looking like a cold game more than anything.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:52 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Odds of precipitation at kickoff are reducing. With the heated field, looking like a cold game more than anything.
If 37 is considered "cold"
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:55 PM 01-09-2019

[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:56 PM 01-09-2019
Latest forecast reasoning suggests rain will be over by kickoff. Rain/snow mix Sat morning. No accumulation.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:57 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
It is, in fact, cold.

-posting from Los Angeles.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:13 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
They are actually increasing. latest runs of the computer models are showing significant accumulation.
[Reply]
penguinz 03:15 PM 01-09-2019

[Reply]
007 03:15 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
This has been the tamest weather season the chiefs have seen in some time
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:19 PM 01-09-2019
Yes - cold, rainy or snowy, windy - all good. Let the Colts try to adjust to crowd noise and weather at the same time.
[Reply]
old_geezer 03:31 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
For the weather impaired please tell me what I'm looking at. Is this predicting 9-10 inches of snow? (I seriously doubt it but have no idea what this chart is telling me). :-)
[Reply]
Mahomer 03:32 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by KurtCauley:
Sorry about the repost, I didn't see the original thread on the weather. I know Patrick will be ready to rock and roll. I was at the Baltimore game and thought that crowd was great and it was pretty cold that day. It was like 20 degrees when I got to the field at 8 am.

Gotta brag real quick though, I was down on the field for the pregame of that game. I got to stand next to the players for the national anthem. Those guys are massive up close and personal. Most incredible experience of my life.
I've spent the last 5 mins re-reading and trying to figure out why anyone would have downvoted your post.
[Reply]
deadman 03:34 PM 01-09-2019
23 degrees and snowing in Indy today.

The snow doesn't faze a Maniac. ��@dsleon45 | #INDvsKC pic.twitter.com/PPnznklxRz

— Indianapolis Colts (@Colts) January 9, 2019

[Reply]
O.city 03:34 PM 01-09-2019
Originally Posted by penguinz:
That doesn't bode well for Springfield, I don't think. Maybe?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 29
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up