ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 60 of 240
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
splatbass 01:07 AM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Even better OC and QB guru...
His W/L record speaks for itself.
[Reply]
Mav 05:03 AM 12-10-2016
People really believe he's a bad head coach?
[Reply]
milkman 05:48 AM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Mav:
People really believe he's a bad head coach?
He isn't a bad HC.
He, in fact, might be a top 20 coach all time.

But he has issues.

Winning is great, but most of us who aren't complete dumbasses are concerned that those issues will bite this team in the ass in the playoffs.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:02 AM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by splatbass:
I'm sure he loved losing the puntless playoff game. That's his kind of football. Fantasy points style.
Balance would be nice..
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:11 PM 12-10-2016
Did it cost us the game? No? Every coach fails on challenges sometimes. Not that big a deal. You remember that we won? THAT is the big deal.

You have weird priorities.
Come on now. You know it isn't that simple. It's possible to want Andy to improve certain things and still enjoy wins.

Andy has great attributes. His players work hard and don't give up. His staff develops players. He has stretches of scripted plays which are beautiful. He finds ways to have success.

However, he hasn't won the elite games in his career and I think it's in part because he struggles with certain details that matter against the best teams and best coaches.

He doesn't use his timeouts efficiently. This has been discussed to death and everyone is aware.

His challenges, and the times he doesn't challenge, are bad. Thursday was another example. There was no reason to challenge that. With how bad the refs are, having two challenges is important. You don't just toss them away.

Red zone play calling. He gets way too cute and it's played itself out this year in the results.

There is a reason our offense is inconsistent and Andy is a big reason. I like him as our coach. But he has major flaws and the frustrating part is he has verbally shown that he is in denial about a number of them. He at least admits the red zone sucks but continues with the same mistakes. However he will fight people to the death with irrational responses defending his game and clock management.

Sometimes he explains himself and he doesn't even describe the scenario or correct play which makes you wonder even more. He should have delegated some of this and he hasn't and won't.

He has been great for the franchise, but that doesn't mean you have to stick your head in the sand. Ignoring flaws because of wins isn't a great way of improving. There is a reason a lot of coaches believe on being harder on their players after wins.
[Reply]
splatbass 12:27 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Come on now. You know it isn't that simple. It's possible to want Andy to improve certain things and still enjoy wins.

Andy has great attributes. His players work hard and don't give up. His staff develops players. He has stretches of scripted plays which are beautiful. He finds ways to have success.

However, he hasn't won the elite games in his career and I think it's in part because he struggles with certain details that matter against the best teams and best coaches.

He doesn't use his timeouts efficiently. This has been discussed to death and everyone is aware.

His challenges, and the times he doesn't challenge, are bad. Thursday was another example. There was no reason to challenge that. With how bad the refs are, having two challenges is important. You don't just toss them away.

Red zone play calling. He gets way too cute and it's played itself out this year in the results.

There is a reason our offense is inconsistent and Andy is a big reason. I like him as our coach. But he has major flaws and the frustrating part is he has verbally shown that he is in denial about a number of them. He at least admits the red zone sucks but continues with the same mistakes. However he will fight people to the death with irrational responses defending his game and clock management.

Sometimes he explains himself and he doesn't even describe the scenario or correct play which makes you wonder even more. He should have delegated some of this and he hasn't and won't.

He has been great for the franchise, but that doesn't mean you have to stick your head in the sand. Ignoring flaws because of wins isn't a great way of improving. There is a reason a lot of coaches believe on being harder on their players after wins.
Some of the complaints here are akin to watching a race car driver win a race then saying "but did you see that scratch on the quarter panel? He's a terrible race car driver!".
[Reply]
TripleThreat 12:31 PM 12-10-2016
It's completely fine to say the areas that Andy reid could improve on.. but for anyone to say those needed areas of improvement make him a bad head coach, just doesn't make sense to me. Compare him to any of the other head coaches and he's top 5 in the nfl. Doesn't mean he doesn't have things to work on, but again, that doesn't make him bad, hes still a great head coach and we are lucky. Eagles must be kicking themselves, look what had happneed with kelley, and now chip is in sf looking like crap.
[Reply]
carlos3652 12:32 PM 12-10-2016

This is a great post --- +1

There isn't a coach in the league that is perfect, there is no team in the league that is perfect. This team just wins. So while he can get better, he was good enough to lead his team to 21-4 in the past 25 games...

BUT the people that complain and ask to fire and hire a better coach are stupid. There is no one better over the past 25 games.. and Andy has not lost in this division this year... and won 8 in a row... he will consistently give you a chance.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 01:11 PM 12-10-2016
Some of the complaints here are akin to watching a race car driver win a race then saying "but did you see that scratch on the quarter panel? He's a terrible race car driver!".
Again, never said he was terrible. Your analogy implies that Andy's decisions don't have an impact on the future. This isn't about wanting pretty wins, and you are smart enough to realize that.

A more accurate analogy would be a driver winning despite the crew chief using two ties instead of four and winning because the best drivers who would have taken advantage were stuck in traffic.

Being concerned that this will bite Andy down the road isn't crazy. It's happened to him time and again. Happened to him in Philly in the nfccg a number of times and happened to him in the sb. Even his ex players have talked about how much it hurt them.

And that's Andy really. A very good coach who gets his team to play important games and I recognize and appreciate that. But wanting to win it all and being concerned that this is an issue isn't crazy. It isn't being ungrateful. And it sure isn't about the wins not being pretty. It's about realizing that down the line these mistakes tend to matter.

The chiefs time management in the ne playoff game in the 4th quarter last year was an example of this. Andy's defense of it afterwards another. These aren't paint scratches, they are in race decisions making it difficult to beat good teams in the important races.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:30 PM 12-10-2016
Again, never said he was terrible. Your analogy implies that Andy's decisions don't have an impact on the future. This isn't about wanting pretty wins, and you are smart enough to realize that.

A more accurate analogy would be a driver winning despite the crew chief using two ties instead of four and winning because the best drivers who would have taken advantage were stuck in traffic.

Being concerned that this will bite Andy down the road isn't crazy. It's happened to him time and again. Happened to him in Philly in the nfccg a number of times and happened to him in the sb. Even his ex players have talked about how much it hurt them.

And that's Andy really. A very good coach who gets his team to play important games and I recognize and appreciate that. But wanting to win it all and being concerned that this is an issue isn't crazy. It isn't being ungrateful. And it sure isn't about the wins not being pretty. It's about realizing that down the line these mistakes tend to matter.

The chiefs time management in the ne playoff game in the 4th quarter last year was an example of this. Andy's defense of it afterwards another. These aren't paint scratches, they are in race decisions making it difficult to beat good teams in the important races.
No sir. Andy Reid wears the colors of the Kansas City Chiefs now ergo, all of the consistent issues that have plagued him and his past teams no longer apply.

If you can not accept this reasoning,then you sir are no real fan of the team, and should probably stop watching football altogether.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 08:17 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
No sir. Andy Reid wears the colors of the Kansas City Chiefs now ergo, all of the consistent issues that have plagued him and his past teams no longer apply.

If you can not accept this reasoning,then you sir are no real fan of the team, and should probably stop watching football altogether.
It's not that I don't think "a win is a win" has some merit on this site and some people aren't enjoying the ride. But in this case, it absolutely is a concern and something that is a real factor in how far we go. There is a ton of history with Reid being bit by these issues. Again, it is possible to enjoy winning and still want to see things improve for the playoff games to come.
[Reply]
splatbass 09:10 PM 12-10-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:

I recognize that there are issues, I just don't think any of them are that important.

Now if you could ever realize the Chiefs are good or have any positive feelings about them at all... I know it is impossible.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:16 PM 12-10-2016
...silly and a waste of time.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:56 PM 12-10-2016
I recognize that there are issues, I just don't think any of them are that important.

Now if you could ever realize the Chiefs are good or have any positive feelings about them at all... I know it is impossible.
Well that's something different altogether. You don't think game and clock management are important?
[Reply]
splatbass 10:00 PM 12-10-2016
Well that's something different altogether. You don't think game and clock management are important?
Even Belicheck screws up clock management sometimes.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 240
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470110160 > Last »
Up