ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 122 of 240
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:05 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If we lose tomorrow, Reid will have no accomplishments over any of those new coaches.
Ok reerun
[Reply]
FAX 01:09 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
Well if that's true I blame battered fan syndrome. I can remember a lot of CUTE plays that backfired after timeouts maybe because they stick out.
I truly believe that's what fosters most of these sport-related fictions, Mr. KILLER_CLOWN. People love a scapegoat. Some "one" to blame. Or, some "thing" they can point to in order to rationalize negative outcomes. Everybody knows how that works.

Life's in the crapper? It's the fam. Can't find love? Bitches are evil. Can't get a first down? It's the refs. Defense is bad because the talent sucks total ass? Fire the coordinator. It's easy. Makes the conversation nice and simple. No additional thinking required.

I'm not going to try and stack up my Chiefs Fan Credentials to anyone else's, but you can trust me when I say, "I know the pain and the heartbreak." But to be perfectly honest, I would prefer to love a team that loses a few games than hang out with morons and fools.

I believe the Chiefs are very fortunate to have Wally. We know what we were before he arrived and we know what we are now. I'm not sure any of these positive changes would have happened without Wally in charge. They might have ... but Wally did it. That, we know. And, lest we forget, Clark did that for us.

FAX
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:11 PM 01-11-2019
If we lose tomorrow, Reid will have no accomplishments over any of those new coaches.
You really are outdoing yourself with the stupid lately.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:12 PM 01-11-2019
:-) What? He's gotten us an AFC West title for 3 straight years now and we're in our first year of a true QBOTF. Everyone that got hired this year is either a failure or unknown at best.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If Andy is one-and-done again with HFA and the league MVP QB on his team, what makes you think he will ever get it done here?

He would be 1-5 in the playoffs here with the only win being over Brian Hoyer. And he would have lost to yet another coach that is not as good/experienced as him.

Defending Andy in that situation would be accepting mediocrity. Do you accept mediocrity and constant failure?
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:21 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by DelFan:
The warning was spread far and wide before Andy coached his first game in KC. Being a Chiefs fan from about 73-74 and an Eagles fan from about 79 I have an unusual position in this. I live 30-minutes south of Philly so I get all of the Eagles coverage. I was so happy when Andy left Philly and cried when KC got him. I doubt anyone ever said he is a TOTALLY awful coach - the Eagles had a LOT of success with him. Plenty of good talent, many wins, post-season presence often and an occasional bad season. For someone who is a quarterback guru he sure didn't handle McNabb all that well. Let's run the west coast dink and dunk offense with a strong and mobile quarterback with a big arm - but has trouble throwing short and sometimes the intermediate routes. (Look up McNabb's worm burners.) The problem wasn't getting to important games, it was the coaching and decisions in them that had you screaming at your television - not the failures of the players. Most fans eventually came to the conclusion it would never change so why keep going on with it.

Go and rewatch the end of the 2005 Super Bowl from about 5:40 and beyond. Assume it is your Chiefs playing like that and tell me what you think of the coaching there. Down 2-scores in the SB - if that doesn't get you moving what will? And nobody to receive the punt?

I remember the KC fans were excited to see Andy come in and the warnings were dismissed with the idea that any danger due to Andy's coaching foibles would be worth it just to play meaningful football in January. How does it taste now? Everyone has seen it with their own eyes for many years here and it is undeniable. "IN GAME" coaching is Andy's big flaw. He's decent at putting together a talented team and working with them throughout the week. (Note to the defense struggles lately.)

You are not always going to win even as the best team, but we should have easily had 2 more wins this year. And I will be sweating bullets in the 2nd half of a close playoff game if that is what we see this year. Our only hope is to bury the other team with our offense and kill their spirit before the game becomes interesting. Andy can be both bold and smart in the early part of games but when you need those qualities in the 4th quarter you won't get them. I just wonder if, at the end of the game, Mahomes has the fortitude to toss out some dumb call by Andy and audible to a better play when looking at the defense. We need the players to overcome the weak coaching in close games.
This is a good, realistic post imo. Hopefully we can overcome or Reid has finally learned some things.

Also he's definitely the perfect coach for Mahomes.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:23 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
No, Mr. Marcellus is correct. I think it might have been a PFF or Bleacher or Pro Football Talk article (I don't recall). I read it and it was a nice analysis that debunked the myth that Wally's usage of timeouts speaks to "poor time management".

I wish I could find the article. It was well researched (and I assume it that research was accurate).

FAX
I don't think Reid is a great time manager. But I wouldn't say that's why he's never gotten to the next level. Managing games is something entirely different. A lot of his signature losses follow the same pattern of being really bad at closing games. As I've said before... Hard to make a dumb coach smart, even hard to make a sloppy time manager better.... But in Reid's case, the frustrating but also maybe hopeful thing is, he can change his game managing mentality anytime he wants to. I'll give him that shot. But not letting him off the hook in the meantime.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:26 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He’s fucking bipolar. Every time he has an emotional take, it’s terrible.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:27 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
I truly believe that's what fosters most of these sport-related fictions, Mr. KILLER_CLOWN. People love a scapegoat. Some "one" to blame. Or, some "thing" they can point to in order to rationalize negative outcomes. Everybody knows how that works.

Life's in the crapper? It's the fam. Can't find love? Bitches are evil. Can't get a first down? It's the refs. Defense is bad because the talent sucks total ass? Fire the coordinator. It's easy. Makes the conversation nice and simple. No additional thinking required.

I'm not going to try and stack up my Chiefs Fan Credentials to anyone else's, but you can trust me when I say, "I know the pain and the heartbreak." But to be perfectly honest, I would prefer to love a team that loses a few games than hang out with morons and fools.

I believe the Chiefs are very fortunate to have Wally. We know what we were before he arrived and we know what we are now. I'm not sure any of these positive changes would have happened without Wally in charge. They might have ... but Wally did it. That, we know. And, lest we forget, Clark did that for us.

FAX
All i can add is a Yip.

Chiefs chances to find a better coach than Reid? 5%
that means
Chiefs chances to find a dumpster fire far outweighs any gains.
I'll take Reid. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:31 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s ****ing bipolar. Every time he has an emotional take, it’s terrible.
My sig has been the same for one year dumbass. My feelings about Andy overall have been the same.

Go suck off Steven Nelson.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:32 PM 01-11-2019
My dig has been the same for one year dumbass. My feelings about Andy overall have been the same.

Go suck off Steven Nelson.
I'll give you that, you've been on the hate train for a while. Who would you go out and replace him with?
[Reply]
FAX 01:34 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I don't think Reid is a great time manager. But I wouldn't say that's why he's never gotten to the next level. Managing games is something entirely different. A lot of his signature losses follow the same pattern of being really bad at closing games. As I've said before... Hard to make a dumb coach smart, even hard to make a sloppy time manager better.... But in Reid's case, the frustrating but also maybe hopeful thing is, he can change his game managing mentality anytime he wants to. I'll give him that shot. But not letting him off the hook in the meantime.
There are many aspects to "time management", Mr. chiefzilla1501. I think what got under the Philly fans' green skin was their perception that he had the tendency to run the ball too much when time was short. We've had a bit of that here, as well.

This particular article had to do with the use of timeouts and the resulting play that was called on the sideline. In that specific context, they did a good job of debunking the idea that Wally misuses timeouts.

The other aspect of offensive "time management" is far more complex, as we well know. What is the enemy defense doing? What has the offense been doing well (or poorly)? How has STs performed today? How about our defense? All those things come into play.

To hear some people talk, you would think that Wally doesn't understand all that and basically just loses his mind halfway through the 4th. Frankly, I don't believe that's the case. And one thing I'm definitely not doing is listen to some anguished, anonymous, acrimonious Philly fan tell me how the future is going to unfold.

FAX
[Reply]
JakeF 01:41 PM 01-11-2019
Andy Reid is a great offensive coordinator, he is a pretty mediocre head coach. A Head Coach needs to maintain control of the entire team, not just the offense. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Head Coach sit down on the bench and chat with the QB during a game like Andy is doing. I mean fuck whatever else is going on, he only cares about Mahomes.

We are #1 in penalties this year, #3 last year and #10 the year before(i think). Clock management, game management, mid-game adjustments.

An offensive genius, absolutely but he wouldn't take a dump in the playoffs like he has if he was a better Head Coach.
[Reply]
O.city 01:43 PM 01-11-2019
He’s lost when he has the worse qb

Everyone is shocked he lost with Alex?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:43 PM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Andy Reid is a great offensive coordinator, he is a pretty mediocre head coach. A Head Coach needs to maintain control of the entire team, not just the offense. I'm not sure I've ever seen a Head Coach sit down on the bench and chat with the QB during a game like Andy is doing. I mean **** whatever else is going on, he only cares about Mahomes.

We are #1 in penalties this year, #3 last year and #10 the year before(i think). Clock management, game management, mid-game adjustments.

An offensive genius, absolutely but he wouldn't take a dump in the playoffs like he has if he was a better Head Coach.
Before KC he had what 4 or 5 NFCCG appearances with a Super Bowl? I just don't think we can do better facing the odds.
[Reply]
Page 122 of 240
« First < 2272112118119120121122 123124125126132172222 > Last »
Up