ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 117 of 240
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:18 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)

YOU'RE OLD-SCHOOL AND LOVE LOSING PLAYOFF GAMES, STEVIE! WE GET IT ALREADY!!!! :-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Trivers 09:02 AM 01-04-2019
"I'm pretty sure that 100% of Eagles fans"....I'm pretty sure that is inaccurate
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:05 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Trivers:
"I'm pretty sure that 100% of Eagles fans"....I'm pretty sure that is inaccurate
"Pretty sure".

Can you find me ONE Eagles fan who would trade last year's Super Bowl to have Andy Reid back?

Find ONE

'Pretty sure' you won't...
[Reply]
Don Corlemahomes 09:05 AM 01-04-2019
#GBR
[Reply]
Trivers 09:06 AM 01-04-2019
Ya know, the other side is paid to win also.

One of the top ten coaches of all time....and people call him a terrible coach.

Only on CP will we have people bitching if and when we win the SB.

This thread needs to be in the Hall of Shame.
[Reply]
Trivers 09:14 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
"Pretty sure".

Can you find me ONE Eagles fan who would trade last year's Super Bowl to have Andy Reid back?

Find ONE

'Pretty sure' you won't...

Let's rise above grade school logic, please .......

You stated 100% of eagles fans wanted to dump Andy and goes through the Kelly era. Which is incorrect.

Andy would have eventually won a SB in PHA. The poster stated he would not have. We know that eventually he would have. He is too good a coach.

NOBODY stated anything about trading a SB trophy to get Andy back.

You are wasting electronic ink.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:18 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Widely considered an offensive genius who is revolutionizing the NFL, yet a terrible coach. Makes sense dudes.

Let’s see...post-Andy Philly has averaged 9 wins per year and had one season in which they won at least one playoff game. If they hadn’t won big last year, the post-Andy period is a huge failure.

It remains to be seen how consistently successful Pederson can be, but more than likely, the SB year is a big-time outlier and they’ll be a middling franchise that struggles to make the postseason.

Is an Eagles fan happy just to break through once vs having someone who had them in the mix every year and took them to the NFC championship in nearly half his seasons as HC?

If you’re honest with yourself, you couldn’t have expected Andy to best the likes of Brady, Manning and Roethlisberger with Alex Smith and a bad defense...could you?

With Mahomes and likely major defensive changes coming, the sky’s the limit.
Andy is an outstanding coach. And he can take it to the finish line if he gets out if his own way. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But show me first....
-Got rid of the game manager qb. Check.
-changed his offense to fit modern times. Check.
Next step... Don't be loyal and get rid of ineffective assistants. Prove to us you can put games away. Not just barely... Definitively.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:26 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by DelFan:
Andy can be both bold and smart in the early part of games but when you need those qualities in the 4th quarter you won't get them.
Chiefs closed the door in the 4th quarter on:

Pitt (one score game)
Denverx2 (one score games)
Cleveland (had a one score lead before they salted it)
Oakland (one score game)
Baltimore (one score game)

That's half our wins this year.

Why wasn't Andy choking all these games away with his horrible 4th quarter game management.

Dumbass.
[Reply]
Red Beans 09:26 AM 01-04-2019
The one thing that I'll say is the true difference is a 5000/50 QB with a high football IQ. He can mask a lot of Reid's deficiencies, especially if he nuts up and starts adjusting at the line. Anecdotally, I feel like I've seen him do that more and more as the season progresses.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:27 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Ya know, the other side is paid to win also.

One of the top ten coaches of all time....and people call him a terrible coach.

Only on CP will we have people bitching if and when we win the SB.

This thread needs to be in the Hall of Shame.
Plenty of reason to think this time may be different. But prove it first. If he wins a super bowl, he is probably a top 5 all time coach. I still like Marty, but I know his warts. The SD Marty era was a hard one to figure out. They were dominant in the most unmarty way ever but couldn't win a single playoff game. He just found ways to lose games. That's what makes us nervous. Calling him a terrible coach is definitely much... But he still makes me nervous.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:41 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs closed the door in the 4th quarter on:

Pitt (one score game)
Denverx2 (one score games)
Cleveland (had a one score lead before they salted it)
Oakland (one score game)
Baltimore (one score game)

That's half our wins this year.

Why wasn't Andy choking all these games away with his horrible 4th quarter game management.

Dumbass.
The Chiefs are going to face much better qbs than case keenum, carr, Lamar Jackson, and a baker Mayfield running an offense he just learned days before gametime. People are worried because Russell Wilson and Philip rivers are the types of qbs we'll see week after week in the playoffs.

I'll give Reid the benefit of the doubt. If it's true he's drastically taking the defense into his own hands, then that proves he's willing to adjust from his stubborn support of Sutton. That change goes a long way. I would hope that also means Reid recognizes he can't trust his defense to close games. I actually have a lot more faith now than i ever have that Reid will see the light. Those nut kicking losses may have been a gift to us.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:44 AM 01-04-2019
You realize we probably face that turd Jackson in the Divisional, right?
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 09:48 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The Chiefs are going to face much better qbs than case keenum, carr, Lamar Jackson, and a baker Mayfield running an offense he just learned days before gametime. People are worried because Russell Wilson and Philip rivers are the types of qbs we'll see week after week in the playoffs.

I'll give Reid the benefit of the doubt. If it's true he's drastically taking the defense into his own hands, then that proves he's willing to adjust from his stubborn support of Sutton. That change goes a long way. I would hope that also means Reid recognizes he can't trust his defense to close games. I actually have a lot more faith now than i ever have that Reid will see the light. Those nut kicking losses may have been a gift to us.
It’s also how those teams play us and suck up Mahomes time with the ball.

And when he does have it we can’t have only 8 offensive series and go 3-and-out in half of them (like we did vs the Chargers).

Said it all season that if the Chiefs execute on offense they are unstoppable. We’ve seen them play at a higher level and I’m hoping the return of Watkins, if it happens, will get us back to a place where any defensive missteps will be overcome.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:53 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
You realize we probably face that turd Jackson in the Divisional, right?
He's literally the only qb in the entire afc playoffs who I don't mind leading a 4th quarter charge. We can't close games the way we have against playoff Brady, luck, Watson, or rivers. Reid needs to walk into every playoff game with the mentality that our D is going to give up way too many points in the 4th quarter. I trust he's learned that lesson by now... We'll see.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:57 AM 01-04-2019
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
It’s also how those teams play us and suck up Mahomes time with the ball.

And when he does have it we can’t have only 8 offensive series and go 3-and-out in half of them (like we did vs the Chargers).

Said it all season that if the Chiefs execute on offense they are unstoppable. We’ve seen them play at a higher level and I’m hoping the return of Watkins, if it happens, will get us back to a place where any defensive missteps will be overcome.
100% agree. I think I counted that on about 2/3 of drives where we lead by more than 1 score, we go 3-and-out or 6-and-out. We're the #3 offense in nfl history. We are way too good on offense to be that ineffective in those situations. Clearly Reid is doing something different on O when we're leading. Let Mahomes be mahomes in the 4q and we'll be fine.
[Reply]
Page 117 of 240
« First < 1767107113114115116117 118119120121127167217 > Last »
Up