ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 30
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
mr. tegu 01:31 PM 01-13-2014
Has anyone else started watching this show? I am a sucker for this kind of thing and so far it has been very interesting. You can watch the first two episodes in the link below. Since this was filmed over the summer, if any of you have figured out what happens please use spoilers for anything that hasn't aired yet.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

For those who aren't familiar, very briefly, it is about an island on the eastern shore of Canada that is rumored to have buried treasure from possibly the Knights Templar dating back to the 1300s. In 1795 an apparent secret hiding space was discovered in which levels of wooden planks were buried every 10 feet. Digging down around a hundred feet, they found some gold link chain and a few other things. Eventually they dug to a point that causes the hold to be flooded by sea water as if it was some sort of boobie trap, which is believed to come from some type of tube that is out in the ocean.

Another person in the 1970s dug alongside the original hole but also got his hole flooded by sea water. These guys now who are on the show purchased most of the island and are trying to solve the mystery with help from the guys who dug their own hole in the 1970s. The hole curse aspect is just kind of meh and I don't really pay attention to it, but I am sure the producers just like the added element it presents. The mystery and adventure is really interesting. It is nice to see a show like this that is actually producing some results so far.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:51 AM 01-27-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
Damn, I missed it, I'll be sure to catch up online tomorrow.

Anything particularly interesting tonight?
They did some metal detecting in the swamp and got hits for a variety of metals, including hits in the area of the chart expected to be gold and/or silver. There was also some type of hard surface about 3 feet under water that I presume they will get to next week, which one guy believed to be a vault.

Also some guy came in with some DaVinci code type theories that actually seemed to have substance and directly led them to where in the swamp to look and find some metals.
[Reply]
seaofred 12:38 PM 01-28-2014
The previews of next week really make is seem like they found something very interesting. With it being the final for season 1, I don't think they will show what it is until the very end.
[Reply]
lcarus 01:23 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by seaofred:
The previews of next week really make is seem like they found something very interesting. With it being the final for season 1, I don't think they will show what it is until the very end.
:-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 01:25 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Did you watch this week's episode?
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:41 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
They did some metal detecting in the swamp and got hits for a variety of metals, including hits in the area of the chart expected to be gold and/or silver. There was also some type of hard surface about 3 feet under water that I presume they will get to next week, which one guy believed to be a vault.

Also some guy came in with some DaVinci code type theories that actually seemed to have substance and directly led them to where in the swamp to look and find some metals.
Sounds like a good one, I'm gonna see if OnDemand has it yet a bit later.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:20 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
Sounds like a good one, I'm gonna see if OnDemand has it yet a bit later.
Full episode:

http://www.history.com/shows/the-cur...=51896f6e2acad
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:26 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Full episode:

http://www.history.com/shows/the-cur...=51896f6e2acad
You da man!
[Reply]
aturnis 05:37 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Not sure why this is funny, but I'm also not sure you know how tv works.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:47 PM 01-28-2014
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Not sure why this is funny, but I'm also not sure you know how tv works.
*watching the Lakers game on a portable*... I don't know how this works, are they just little ghosts inside this magic box? your ways frighten and confuse me"
[Reply]
aturnis 05:48 PM 01-28-2014
Ok Zoolander
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:50 PM 01-28-2014
Ok Zoolander
:-) you must be under 40... never heard of Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer?
[Reply]
aturnis 05:52 PM 01-28-2014
Oh, of course. Missed the reference, but yes, under 40 by a decade. Don't mean I don't know who Mr Bill is...
[Reply]
seaofred 09:05 AM 02-03-2014
Did anyone watch this last night? Did they find the "vault"?
[Reply]
aturnis 09:24 AM 02-03-2014
Not sure it aired b/c of the Super-duper-awesome-donkey-slaughter-bowl. Think the final episode will be next Sunday.
[Reply]
BourbonMan 10:29 AM 02-03-2014
Not sure it aired b/c of the Super-duper-awesome-donkey-slaughter-bowl. Think the final episode will be next Sunday.
You are correct sir.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 30
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up