ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 71 of 94
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:59 PM 08-09-2015
Originally Posted by Kman34:
What the **** is the deal with the transponder on the car.... Was it there the whole time?? If so why didn't they catch him at his motel hideout??
They put it on his car while he was at the school seeing his kid.
[Reply]
tk13 12:25 AM 08-10-2015
The first half of the season was rough, but I thought the last three episodes were fine. I thought the character arcs were handled well, especially Colin Ferrell's. That scene with his son was heartbreaking.

I think it just crossed the line where the Internet rips it apart, and you can't come back from that.

Spoiler!

They certainly could've made some parts of the plot clearer. In some ways I like that they didn't hold people's hands, but maybe they should've. I never thought it would be as good as season 1, and it wasn't. But it was definitely noir all the way. I liked that aspect of it.
[Reply]
Bambi 07:43 AM 08-10-2015
How did Frank and Ray fuck everything up so bad so quickly???

One minute their killing 20 Russian gangsters in cold blood and walking off with a million bucks and the next their both dead in the middle of nowhere.

That being said I say bring it back even if it's not Pizzolato that runs it. I feel like this is one of those projects where it needs a "first man to build the second factory". Like someone who can take what this guy started and actually deliver what we're craving...

Guys (and girls) like:

Justin Kurzel
Gareth Edwards
Greg McLean
Jane Campion
John Hillcoat
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:01 AM 08-10-2015
I still think it's a nice item to have DVR'd - it's good for a rainy day - but it wasn't a masterpiece - that's for sure. I don't know that I even knew what was going on until around epi#4 or so. Very shitty and hard to follow plot. It felt like a hyper active 5 year old directed that shit. Oh well - still better than no seas. 2.
[Reply]
ragedogg69 10:26 AM 08-10-2015
I couldnt believe they were still plodding along in the finale. Giving the scarred up woman a backstory in the season finale? Are you joking? I will buy that Ferrell is driving around in his own car. So they COULD have located him at that school and place the tracker. Thank god he parked over that puddle. FFS

Vaughn? I cannot buy that bullshit. He swapped cars. Came from a random location. Yet the cartel was able to track him down to a perfect hijack location. Fuck that. I get the whole suit thing. He could have palmed the diamonds. A man so street smart does not get himself killed so dumb.

Ugh and the baby? Fuck. you.
[Reply]
Brock 11:16 AM 08-10-2015
I did not care at all what happened to any of these characters. They were all cliches whose motivations were never clearly understood. The dialogue was trash, the story a mangled knot of fishing line. Epic level fail.

"half anaconda and half great white" :-)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:33 AM 08-10-2015
Pretty horrible show all around. It did get slightly better towards the end but it couldn't really be saved by that point. I enjoy the noir and all that shit but they just tried to do WAY too much. I would've liked to see more of the David Morse character and less of a lot of other unnecessary side plots.

Did anybody catch the line Vaughn's wife gave him early in the episode saying he can't act worth shit? Haha that had to be an inside joke. Vaughn actually finally did decent the last couple of episodes.
[Reply]
tk13 11:35 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Vaughn? I cannot buy that bullshit. He swapped cars. Came from a random location. Yet the cartel was able to track him down to a perfect hijack location. **** that. I get the whole suit thing. He could have palmed the diamonds. A man so street smart does not get himself killed so dumb.

Ugh and the baby? ****. you.
Pretty sure the Armenians were the ones who gave Frank up. That whole exchange where they gave him the car seemed off. That's why Frank offered them 500K to make it to his location safely. But they could've easily sold him out to the Mexicans and gotten a piece of the action. They knew he'd robbed the Russians.

And I thought the baby thing, while usually cliche, was okay. Frank spent the whole season trying to have a kid, and couldn't... and Paul and Ray do it when they weren't even planning to. Just another piece of bleak irony.
[Reply]
tk13 11:37 AM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Pretty horrible show all around. It did get slightly better towards the end but it couldn't really be saved by that point. I enjoy the noir and all that shit but they just tried to do WAY too much. I would've liked to see more of the David Morse character and less of a lot of other unnecessary side plots.

Did anybody catch the line Vaughn's wife gave him early in the episode saying he can't act worth shit? Haha that had to be an inside joke. Vaughn actually finally did decent the last couple of episodes.
I laughed out loud at that line. Although I agree. I thought his casting was a horrible idea and bagged on him the first half of the season, he brought it in the 2nd half of the season. I thought the scene with him walking through the desert was amazing.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:55 AM 08-10-2015
I was disappointed that Frank never got a handie.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 01:41 PM 08-10-2015
Liked the last 3 EPs...Ray was the best character but ya avg season at best. Didn't care for the end too much though
[Reply]
ragedogg69 02:10 PM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by tk13:
But they could've easily sold him out to the Mexicans and gotten a piece of the action. They knew he'd robbed the Russians.
Yep. A single line of dialog was all that was needed. But they didnt. Thats why I hated it. Too much coincidence.
[Reply]
Bambi 03:09 PM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Liked the last 3 EPs...Ray was the best character but ya avg season at best. Didn't care for the end too much though
I actually liked Ray, Frank, and Woodrough as characters a lot. I thought they did a nice job balancing the whole "dual-life" thing pretty well.

Rachel McAdams was weak. Elisabeth Moss played a similar character in Top of the Lake and was stellar.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:39 PM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by tk13:
Pretty sure the Armenians were the ones who gave Frank up. That whole exchange where they gave him the car seemed off. That's why Frank offered them 500K to make it to his location safely. But they could've easily sold him out to the Mexicans and gotten a piece of the action. They knew he'd robbed the Russians.

And I thought the baby thing, while usually cliche, was okay. Frank spent the whole season trying to have a kid, and couldn't... and Paul and Ray do it when they weren't even planning to. Just another piece of bleak irony.
Clearly they sold him out. Right after he handed them 2M. They didn't care about the other 1M because they just had the Mexicans hand it over to them when they got back from dropping off Vaughn.

The baby ending did nothing for me. My wife was sobbing. What can I say, that shit works on some of the viewers. She was practically bleeding out her eyes and....wherever.

I'm glad I finally found out who "Pitler" was. Too bad it was the last scene he was in, dead. I kept hearing Pitler and thinking of Adolph Pitler.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:51 PM 08-10-2015
Originally Posted by Bambi:
I actually liked Ray, Frank, and Woodrough as characters a lot. I thought they did a nice job balancing the whole "dual-life" thing pretty well.

Rachel McAdams was weak. Elisabeth Moss played a similar character in Top of the Lake and was stellar.
I would of cut out Kitsch's character completely. Should of spent more time with Frank and his cronies. Show why he needed to be cleared out of the way for the younger Chessani to take over.

The script needed some cleaning up. It didn't do a good job of showing us important things rather being content to tell us.
[Reply]
Page 71 of 94
« First < 21616768697071 7273747581 > Last »
Up