ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 94
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:50 AM 01-29-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Your life is over once you discover hbogo.

Get caught up on game of.thrones if you haven't already. Fifth season begins in a few months. Stay out of show threads.

Then wire, sopranos, deadwood, boardwalk empire.
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Meh. I don't see the point on binging on Entourage. Treme gives me PTSD to my last semester of my second go around of college.. and I don't want to start power houring by myself.

I don't want to be depressed so that knocks out The Wire, Oz and The Leftovers.

I already finished Silicon Valley.. Maybe I'll watch Eastbound and Down.
Catch the wire. It's awesome. Deal with what it throws at you.

Also add Rome. Definitely worth your time.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:55 AM 01-29-2015
Make some time for Life and Times of Tim.

Imagine if Everyone Loves Raymond was written as Curb Your Enthusiasm instead, then imagine it was a cartoon.

Shades of Dr. Katz as well.

Not something you have to binge to appreciate. Just use it as a sorbet every once in a while.

While we're at it, Curb is another HBOGo must.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:39 AM 03-27-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Agreed on The Wire. I've finally got around to working my way through it over the last few months (started Season 4 last night).

I seem to watch a season, then take a week or two off as the show is pretty demanding. I wouldn't call it depressing at all, though. In fact, there are parts of it that are downright hilarious.
This post is especially ironic given NC's profession and where he was at, season-wise when he wrote it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:41 AM 03-27-2015
I just wanted to bump this thread because I stayed from until 6:30 on Wednesday morning binge-watching True Detective.

God, what a fucking letdown that finale was, not only from a plot-perspective, but in violating the characters for the point of a nice arc with a bow tied on it at the end of the season.

Blech.
[Reply]
TimBone 02:35 PM 03-27-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I just wanted to bump this thread because I stayed from until 6:30 on Wednesday morning binge-watching True Detective.

God, what a fucking letdown that finale was, not only from a plot-perspective, but in violating the characters for the point of a nice arc with a bow tied on it at the end of the season.

Blech.
I agree. I was barely paying attention by the end of the finale. Disappointing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:38 PM 03-27-2015
It was not what I expected from the early episodes, but I've largely long abandoned judging a show by what it's not.
[Reply]
Brock 07:19 PM 03-27-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:

Blech.
Turned out to be a pretty standard horror-flecked whodunnit. I still enjoyed it, but those guys were just fucking with us.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:09 PM 03-27-2015
However it may have ended, and I agree they copped out, episode 4 is one of the greatest hours of tv in history.
[Reply]
The Poz 12:02 PM 04-09-2015
Teaser for Season 2.

http://devour.com/video/true-detective-season-2-teaser/

[Reply]
eDave 07:19 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by The Poz:
Teaser for Season 2.

http://devour.com/video/true-detective-season-2-teaser/

Vince Vaughn is going to be fantastic in this.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:32 PM 04-09-2015
Wow. June 21st? I thought it was going to be a really long wait.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:53 PM 04-09-2015
Stoked for this
[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:30 PM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
However it may have ended, and I agree they copped out, episode 4 is one of the greatest hours of tv in history.
Is that the episode that ended with that long continuous one-shot take? Because that was unearthly, a master class in filmmaking.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:52 PM 05-16-2015

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:46 PM 05-16-2015
Vince Vaughn looks like he got skinny again. He had been pudgy as of late
[Reply]
Page 51 of 94
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up