ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 94
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:11 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Well, they certainly are loading up on Easter eggs in this show- even if they ultimately prove to simply be dead ends, and ultimately end up capturing a lot of viewer's curiosity. Almost mimicking Rust's obsessive digging, people are combing over every tiny detail trying to solve their own mystery.

Also, I still am intrigued by the creator's frequent mention of it being right under our nose the whole time. Specifically related to the show's promo poster depicting Rust and Marty in identical outfits with the caption, "True Detective".
Shouldn't it be True Detectives???

Spoiler!
The Louisiana State Badge and it's relationship to its hierarchy
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:53 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The Louisiana State Badge and it's relationship to its hierarchy
What are you meaning?
[Reply]
Buck 09:12 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
Who told you about that show Buck?
I don't know. Might have been a post here for all I know.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:28 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
What are you meaning?
task force, instituted by the Governor who's cousin is clearly implicated with the Yellow King case. Tuttle family ties
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 10:23 PM 03-05-2014
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
task force, instituted by the Governor who's cousin is clearly implicated with the Yellow King case. Tuttle family ties
Oh, I thought you had some other additional Information. Gotcha.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:12 AM 03-06-2014
Another interesting theory: http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...e-the-fin.html
[Reply]
Bowser 07:40 AM 03-06-2014
When was the last time a miniseries captured everyone's imagination like this?
[Reply]
Sully 07:51 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Another interesting theory: http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...e-the-fin.html
Well...
That makes too much damned sense for it NOT to be the answer.
[Reply]
Bambi 08:49 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It's another great component of the internet and fans interacting with each other. I really enjoy all these hidden clues/symbols etc and frankly don't care if most of them end up meaning nothing.

But I really like surfing reddit and seeing what all these weirdo fans have cooked up over the past 2 months. It's been an incredible ride.
[Reply]
Bambi 09:02 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm not convinced of this theory 100% but I definitely think that the opening scene is much more vital than everyone has noticed to this point as I said a few weeks ago here...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=268

Also, one thing this guy is right about is the importance of all the timing of these events. I hadn't thought this out completely back when I posted this but I think it's going to turn out to be more critical than they have let on.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=281
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:05 AM 03-06-2014
I like the theory, but I don't think it was Cohle. And I do think there's going to be some kind of twist Sunday, as much as the writer talks about audiences being abused for 20 years.
[Reply]
Jilly 10:04 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Sully:
Well...
That makes too much damned sense for it NOT to be the answer.
This is exactly what I've been thinking too......but then I kept telling myself DO NOT fall into the trap of thinking this show is more than what it is. All the religious symbols drawing me in were enough. But in the back of my mind....I thought his daughter has to be involved here and so does Marty's. And there's something about, still, Marty's wife. I think she was told something no one else knows and that's why there was such hurt involved when she screwed Rust.

And now, see, I'm doing exactly what I said I wasn't going to do! Even to the point of getting on CP after all this time just to see what's being said.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:15 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
It's another great component of the internet and fans interacting with each other. I really enjoy all these hidden clues/symbols etc and frankly don't care if most of them end up meaning nothing.

But I really like surfing reddit and seeing what all these weirdo fans have cooked up over the past 2 months. It's been an incredible ride.
I dunno. This show - for me - is much, much better waiting until Sunday to see where it's going next. I've made it a point to not follow any of the links because people tie things into the episodes that have zero meaning. It's happened in this thread.

Even in this thread, there is a post that asks "is one hour enough to tie up all the loose ends'? I asked "what loose ends need to be tied up for folks"? But got no reply.

The show is pretty straight forward with the bonus of incredible character development and background and a macabre string of murders.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 11:11 AM 03-06-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
1985- North and South :-)
[Reply]
ragedogg69 11:19 AM 03-06-2014
I am all theory'd out. I dont even care. I just want to sit back on Sunday and take it all in. Hell, if I am bored, I'll watch all the previous episodes.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 94
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up