ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 283 of 382
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
In58men 05:54 PM 12-29-2018
Good shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:59 PM 12-29-2018
It was on sale at Kroger

Went to 4 stores loaded the basement fridge

Spoiler!

is that a tear?
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:56 PM 12-29-2018

[Reply]
NewChief 01:02 PM 01-12-2019
Toppling Goliath has arrived in our area at long last. Damn fine beer.

I've had Psuedo Sue and Pompeii so far. I haven't splurged for the more expensive ones as of yet.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 02:58 AM 01-13-2019
Drinking a CA style IPA "brut" that is one of the finest beers (4anIPA) I ever drank.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:22 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Toppling Goliath has arrived in our area at long last. Damn fine beer.

I've had Psuedo Sue and Pompeii so far. I haven't splurged for the more expensive ones as of yet.
Fire, Skulls & Money and King Sue are worth the splurge, imo.

My advice is to always check their dates. TG rolled out a lot of old beer when they first came to Illinois. They're much better about it now, but got blasted pretty good for sending months old hops. I don't really mess with TG hops past 6 weeks old, but YMMV. While they can still suffer from batch inconsistencies, especially Pseudo Sue, when TG is on they're some of my favorite IPAs.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:20 PM 01-29-2019
Anyone had Materfamilias yet?

Just picked up a couple of 4 packs.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:53 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:

Not this years,I loved last years but only got a few myself.

If I recall didn't some people think that last years had a nasty after taste?:-):-):-):-)

Let us know how they compare?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:53 PM 01-29-2019

Had one last night. It’s good but not spectacular. Well worth the $12 a 4 pack.

I’ve been spoiled by too many killer Prairie and American Solera Stouts. But they cost double or more the price.
[Reply]
MTG#10 09:58 PM 01-29-2019

Just rebranded Milf, dumb in my opinion...I thought Milf was a great name for a very good stout.

I have a few in my beer fridge right now, it's still quite tasty. Not the best barrel-aged stout I've ever had but still pretty good, especially for Mother's. Milf (I'm still going to call it that, to hell with their dumb name change) and Imperial Grind are the only two beers from them I like.
[Reply]
MTG#10 10:02 PM 01-29-2019
I don't see what all the fuss is about BCBS...its good but I'll take CBS and even KBS any day over it.
[Reply]
Shag 10:08 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I don't see what all the fuss is about BCBS...its good but I'll take CBS and even KBS any day over it.
Crazy talk. To each their own, and I haven't had this year's BCBS, but historically, that beer is phenomenal. CBS and KBS are both top notch, as well (I love Founders), but not on the BCBS level, afaic.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:33 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Someone take a pressure washer to that man's tongue...Just kidding...

There are different beers for different folk but people who love VW's should not tell us Bimmer drivers what a good car is. Same with beers.

I am a big Stone fan and like to find it on tap when I travel. This year the barrel aged on tap is non existent. I did find the Fyodor on tap and tanks to being a tap takeover there were others. but that's all I have seen. My local homegrown is starting to drop several varieties of barrel aged some well over a year and looking forward to truing all their offerings.

I have an Upland's Facility and several on site breweries that bring in nice "guest" beers but so far little of the really good stuff on tap. They are promising me that they will have several on tap in about 10 days. Just in time for my birthday.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:38 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by Shag:
Crazy talk. To each their own, and I haven't had this year's BCBS, but historically, that beer is phenomenal. CBS and KBS are both top notch, as well (I love Founders), but not on the BCBS level, afaic.
I went to a BCBS takeover event on Black Friday and the reserve and Proprietor's were perfect. There were a couple of weird ones (some berry crap
and a coffee barley wine) but overall really good but the $15 for 19oz bottles turned me off. Free engraved/ dated snifter glasses were a nice touch.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:43 AM 01-30-2019
I normally don't pick up much year-to-year variance in BCBS, but this years (the 15.2% bottle) has much more dark fruit than years past, imo. I'm good with the one bottle I had. In related news, their long time Brewmaster left the company this week for Octopi Brewing outside Madison WI. His quote is pretty telling on what it's like brewing for Big Beer:

Originally Posted by :
“I’ll get to be a lot more hands-on and technically active, whereas at Goose Island there’s more bureaucracy and administration and layers,” he said. “I’ll be a little closer to the beer itself. I look forward to that.”

[Reply]
Page 283 of 382
« First < 183233273279280281282283 284285286287293333 > Last »
Up