ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 207
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
phisherman 08:37 PM 01-10-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I guess I have a higher opinion of EH, ER and Blood Oath. I think the first two are solid for the price. Bought the Blood Oath for BIL who is a bourbon snob.

Re: BMH...I haven't had a bottle in over a decade, so I guess I'm going to be disappointed. It was amazing when I had it last.

I've never had the Willett. Glad it was the cheapest of the bunch.
Those old Black Maple Hill bottles....oh man, I had a bunch of them back in the day when nobody really cared; so damn good. I didn't know until later that I was drinking bourbon that the Van Winkles sold to Black Maple Hill. The Oregon versions are super young, just awful.

For the money that it takes to buy the Pot Still, you could buy two bottles of Old Bardstown or Kentucky Vintage and the quality of the bourbon will be the same, not to mention they come from the same label, KBD.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:31 PM 01-10-2019
I quit drinking for the month of January. It fucking sucks going to the game for free on a party bus with free booze and if they make it to the super bowl idk how I'll celebrate
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:54 AM 01-11-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I quit drinking for the month of January. It fucking sucks going to the game for free on a party bus with free booze and if they make it to the super bowl idk how I'll celebrate
SB is in February, boss. Drink up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:37 AM 01-11-2019
SB is in February, boss. Drink up.
I mean if they win the AFCCG that night its on like Donkey Kong
[Reply]
Miles 01:18 AM 01-12-2019
Slightly surprised by the hate for Willett Pot Still. It’s on the mild side and doesn’t have any particularly remarkable character notes but I do think it’s overall enjoyable.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:57 AM 01-14-2019
Alright fuck it I'm going to have a few drinks on Sunday. Is Whistle Pig worth the money?
[Reply]
O.city 10:58 AM 01-14-2019
Alright **** it I'm going to have a few drinks on Sunday. Is Whistle Pig worth the money?
I don't personally think so. It's good but for that coin, nah.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 10:59 AM 01-14-2019
Definitely a tasty rye and I’d pay the $70 for sure
[Reply]
O.city 04:54 PM 01-15-2019
Bookers 30th anniversary Bourbon. Anyone heard of it? Have a chance to get a bottle.

Woodford Reserve Master’s Collection Oat Grain Kentucky Bourbon as well. I love the Masters collection so I'll probably pick up a bottle. May bring it to the tailgate
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:56 PM 01-15-2019
Alright **** it I'm going to have a few drinks on Sunday. Is Whistle Pig worth the money?
Which bottle?

They are all good.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 04:58 PM 01-15-2019
Alright fuck it I'm going to have a few drinks on Sunday. Is Whistle Pig worth the money?
I'm not a fan.

Then again, someone earlier said the Black Maple Hill bottle I just picked up for $80 was trash, and I opened it last night and it was better than expected. Definitely not as good as past bottles, but not awful either.

Point being - everyone's tastes are different. There are some $15 wines I like better than a $200 bottle. Same goes for Bourbon.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:16 PM 01-15-2019
I'm not a fan.

Then again, someone earlier said the Black Maple Hill bottle I just picked up for $80 was trash, and I opened it last night and it was better than expected. Definitely not as good as past bottles, but not awful either.

Point being - everyone's tastes are different. There are some $15 wines I like better than a $200 bottle. Same goes for Bourbon.
This is why I'm a little reluctant to spend more than 40 bucks on a bourbon. Theres so many between 20-40 that are excellent and it's hard to imagine something that's $200 being that much better.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:33 PM 01-29-2019
Originally Posted by InTheNeutralZone55:
I'm not a fan.

This is why I'm a little reluctant to spend more than 40 bucks on a bourbon. Theres so many between 20-40 that are excellent and it's hard to imagine something that's $200 being that much better.
With all of this said...

My BIL invited me over for the opening of his bottle of Whistlepig Boss Hog V.

While I wouldn't spend $500 on a bottle, it was DAMN good.

If it was more in the $150-$200 range I'd definitely snag a bottle.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 PM 01-29-2019
The boss hog is damn good but it’s just so pricey.

I picked up a bottle of this years woodford reserve masters collection. Pretty good stuff

Oak grain Kentucky Bourbon
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:49 PM 01-29-2019
Actually saw Taylor rye and Blanton’s on the same shelf this week. New Year resolutions seems to be keeping things around longer than usual.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 207
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104144194 > Last »
Up