ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Kyler Murray declares for the NFL draft
carcosa 02:35 PM 01-14-2019

I have declared for the NFL Draft.

— Kyler Murray (@TheKylerMurray) January 14, 2019

Who's gonna draft him???

Should we trade up and take him and design a 2 QB offense???????
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:59 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
If he is a 1st round pick, his NFL signing bonus will dwarf the one he got from the A's.
The initial one, maybe, but supposedly MLB was considering giving special circumstances to Murray and allowing the A's to offer him basically a guaranteed MLB contract with a signing bonus that would accelerate his options in baseball, but be able to pay out a higher bonus initially.

All that said, even with that taken into consideration, his bonus from the A's was basically 5 million. That's basically the bottom end of the first round of the NFL Draft. Only way he would 'Dwarf' his A's bonus is if he was a Top 10 pick.

Sorry, but I don't see ANY football team spending a Top 10 pick on a 5'9 QB.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:18 PM 01-14-2019
Should have played baseball is my guess.

He does have a nice arm but IMO he’s too short.

It should be noted though that if we didn’t have mahomes I’d be down for drafting him and giving him some run.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:40 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by carcosa:

Who's gonna draft him???

Should we trade up and take him and design a 2 QB offense???????

Who’s going to draft a 5’8” QB?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:41 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Dude is 5'9. He's gonna get killed.

Should have stuck with that HUGE extra signing bonus the A's were gonna give him on a contract, if he agreed to give up football.

He's gonna regret this decision . . . . .

I’ve heard he is actually 5’8”.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:42 PM 01-14-2019
He'll go top 10 but someone will likely take Dwayne Haskins over him due to measurables and the Ohio State mystique that rarely translates well to the NFL. It's time for Kingsbury to put up or shut up though about taking Murray if he were an NFL head coach.
[Reply]
sedated 04:48 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
The initial one, maybe, but supposedly MLB was considering giving special circumstances to Murray and allowing the A's to offer him basically a guaranteed MLB contract with a signing bonus that would accelerate his options in baseball, but be able to pay out a higher bonus initially.

All that said, even with that taken into consideration, his bonus from the A's was basically 5 million. That's basically the bottom end of the first round of the NFL Draft. Only way he would 'Dwarf' his A's bonus is if he was a Top 10 pick.

Sorry, but I don't see ANY football team spending a Top 10 pick on a 5'9 QB.
His entire first contract will be worth more than if he plays baseball. Minor leagues pay absolute dick. Then 3 years in the majors before hitting arbitration. On top of that, the last 2 free agency periods in MLB have been ghost towns in terms of signings, with talk of collusion from owners.

MLB has become a league of the haves and have nots. Some guys get paid, others have to take bargain contracts just to get on a team.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:58 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by sedated:
His entire first contract will be worth more than if he plays baseball. Minor leagues pay absolute dick. Then 3 years in the majors before hitting arbitration. On top of that, the last 2 free agency periods in MLB have been ghost towns in terms of signings, with talk of collusion from owners.

MLB has become a league of the haves and have nots. Some guys get paid, others have to take bargain contracts just to get on a team.
I cannot fathom why anyone would draft him in the first round. He has a better shot at having a baseball career than doing anything in the NFL. His size is not suited for the NFL and he will get killed.
[Reply]
JakeF 04:59 PM 01-14-2019
Smurf

He could be declaring for the draft to drive his price up in baseball. I think his agent is Boras after all.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:00 PM 01-14-2019
Doug Flutie height with Vick's athleticism and arm. A mini-Vick. No way he goes NFL. IF he does he will be a special teams return guy or slot receiver and maybe on certain change of pace type plays he comes in and QBs similiar to Lamar Jackson.

But he is just branding himself right now raising his stock is all.:-) He will make more $$ and be able to walk at the end of his career if plays baseball IMHO.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up