ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Who do we keep/cut?
wutamess 11:49 AM 01-14-2019
Looks like shit hits the fan after next year.
This year Dee Ford (Gotta get paid. F. tag him?)

Ty Hill is due for highest paid WR in history (or close to it)
Chris Jones has to get PAID!

- We can cut Berry, Houston & Watkins after 2019 for a sizable cap saving.

2020 PMII is due for the largest contract in NFL history (Maybe 2019 we restructure to get a bargain? Restructure now after we win in Atlanta?)

2021 Kelce is due again. (Thinking we draft younger/cheaper here).
[Reply]
Mecca 11:50 AM 01-14-2019
2020 is going to be a work stoppage looming so who knows how anything plays out there...
[Reply]
O.city 11:51 AM 01-14-2019
Mecca has appoint.

Maybe just load up until then and deal with it after? Who knows.
[Reply]
wutamess 11:53 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mecca has appoint.

Load up what?
[Reply]
tyton75 12:00 PM 01-14-2019
I would prefer we restructure Houston as opposed to flat cutting him.
[Reply]
wutamess 12:03 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by tyton75:
The way Veach operates though is faster/younger. I think Houston will be 30+ by then.
[Reply]
TEX 12:04 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by tyton75:
I agree.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:05 PM 01-14-2019
If Kelce is performing this way still in 2021 you re sign him. He will retire a chief. Hill deserves to be paid. Jones this is his first year doing this. If he can replicate it next year then give him a blank check. Houston is arguably our best defensive player. No way you cut him. Restructure yes with some incentives.
[Reply]
TEX 12:05 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mecca has appoint.

Yep. Some teams did that last time.
[Reply]
scho63 12:16 PM 01-14-2019
Let's just worry about making it past the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game!

Why not savor the moment?

Impatient......
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:20 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If Kelce is performing this way still in 2021 you re sign him. He will retire a chief. Hill deserves to be paid. Jones this is his first year doing this. If he can replicate it next year then give him a blank check. Houston is arguably our best defensive player. No way you cut him. Restructure yes with some incentives.
You just go ahead and pay Jones before he does this again next year and makes Aaron Donald money and we lose him.
[Reply]
JoeyChuckles 12:34 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Load up what?
Ya know, just write it off.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:51 PM 01-14-2019
Unfortunately, someone out the players mentioned is going to have to go, and at this point( and I never thought I'd say this ), I feel better about keeping a young Ford who is starting to hit than giving Houston another full payday.
If the Chiefs can at least GET to the SB, then some of these guys might be willing, if EVERYONE plays ball, to take a little less up front just to keep a winning team together. Yes, I know that's a very unrealistic way of looking at things, but I'd like to think that these guys respect and enjoy playing together enough to want to continue on and not make a few dollars the difference between being part of something special vs. trying your luck in a new town.
[Reply]
RN47 12:58 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Looks like shit hits the fan after next year.
This year Dee Ford (Gotta get paid. F. tag him?)

Ty Hill is due for highest paid WR in history (or close to it)
Chris Jones has to get PAID!

- We can cut Berry, Houston & Watkins after 2019 for a sizable cap saving.

2020 PMII is due for the largest contract in NFL history (Maybe 2019 we restructure to get a bargain? Restructure now after we win in Atlanta?)

2021 Kelce is due again. (Thinking we draft younger/cheaper here).

2019: Agreed: you cut Berry and Houston and let Watkins walk. You pay out your ass for Tyreek, and Chris Jones.

2020: https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...0&postcount=22

2021: If he stays healthy, you pay Kelce. Keeping #10, #15, and #87 together for as long as possible = championships.
[Reply]
Up