ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Nzoner's Game Room>Most exciting NFL final four ever? Why these playoffs have a case
CupidStunt 09:17 AM 01-14-2019
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-playoffs-case

Originally Posted by :
If you were looking for upsets during NFL divisional round weekend, you didn't get much with which to work. The blisteringly hot Colts were blown out, while the similarly aflame Cowboys needed a late score to make things look close. The Chargers, who you guys said were the most likely team to pull an upset, might as well have stayed in California. The Eagles were the only team that had a shot to win their game late in the fourth quarter, and even after a Wil Lutz miss seemed to set up another episode of Nick Foles' playoff magic, Alshon Jeffery's drop handed a game-sealing interception to Marshon Lattimore.

While big victories by favorites didn't necessarily make for the most exciting divisional round, what comes next should be a lot of fun. With the Chiefs, Patriots, Rams and Saints making it to the final four, we're set for what might be the most exciting conference championship Sunday in league history.

On paper, Patriots-Chiefs and Rams-Saints make for a wildly entertaining duo of matchups. There's a backstory, rivalries, and legacies, both beginning and ending. When you put these matchups in context, there are reasons to think we're in store for classic games.

Why? Let's run through eight notable reasons:
I didn't read every word, but the key points are pretty solid IMO.

Let's hope we do our part!
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:20 AM 01-14-2019
Patrick Mahomes II
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 01-14-2019
This weekend definitely showed how important the bye week is. 1 more game just leads to more chances for injuries and such.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:56 AM 01-14-2019
I bet goodell is jerkin his gerkin right now.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:58 AM 01-14-2019
Any time the Patriots are in the final 4, it dulls the excitement.

I think most of the world is so fucking sick of them. I hope the Chiefs stomp the living shit out of them.
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:58 AM 01-14-2019
I was thinking about this earlier. I believe this is the best final four I can remember. If you remove all homerism and emotionalism, I’m not sure how anyone can feel great about any prediction.
[Reply]
Halfcan 11:03 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Any time the Patriots are in the final 4, it dulls the excitement.

I think most of the world is so ****ing sick of them. I hope the Chiefs stomp the living shit out of them.
With their easy division and schedule- they almost always get an automatic Bye every year. They make just enough plays to squeak by with a win. They lost to 5 easy teams this year, their last two games were at home against the Bills and Jets, and then they get a tired ass Chargers team at home- Wow- now they are in the Championship game. They are the least deserving team in the NFL to be where they are. Paper Tigers.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:38 AM 01-14-2019
We're going to blow out the Patriots, which should be pretty exciting to everybody outside of New England
[Reply]
chefsos 01:46 PM 01-14-2019
I like Barnwell's stuff. He employs analytics at a level that's just short of going over my head, And writes well while he's at it.

The last 2 paragraphs, while obvious to us, still gave me goosebumps:
Originally Posted by :
Everyone knows Saints fans are going to show up for their biggest home game since the 2009 NFC Championship Game against the Vikings, but think about how big this is for Chiefs fans.

The Chiefs just won their first home playoff game since 1993, which was the last time they made it this far. Kansas City hasn't been to the Super Bowl since 1969. It gets a chance to overcome all that on Sunday at home against a team that knocked them out of the playoffs in 2015. The last time the Patriots played in Kansas City, Chiefs fans set the record for the loudest outdoor stadium. You get the feeling they might top that number in a big moment on Sunday.

[Reply]
Up