ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets hire Adam Gase to be HC
The Franchise 06:58 PM 01-09-2019

Jets expected to hire HC Adam Gase, per me and @JeffDarlington.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 10, 2019

[Reply]
tk13 11:17 PM 11-06-2019
Originally Posted by ILChief:
Has a coach ever been fired during their first season? Gase and Kitchens could both be in trouble
Bobby Petrino quit in the middle of the first season.

Looks like Pete McCulley was fired in the middle of his first season with the 49ers in 1978. That team went 2-14 and committed 63 turnovers. Their two QBs combined threw 9 TD and 36 INT. One of them was a rookie Steve DeBerg. Their starting RB was OJ Simpson.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:50 AM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Worst hire this offseason is a tossup between Gase and Kitchens.
Whoever the fuck is in Cinci is tossing his hat in the ring.

I hope Kitchens stays. That shit coming out of Cleveland is damn entertaining.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:24 AM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Bobby Petrino quit in the middle of the first season.

Looks like Pete McCulley was fired in the middle of his first season with the 49ers in 1978. That team went 2-14 and committed 63 turnovers. Their two QBs combined threw 9 TD and 36 INT. One of them was a rookie Steve DeBerg. Their starting RB was OJ Simpson.
So OJ was a coach killer but not a wife killer. Who'da thought?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 10:01 AM 11-07-2019
I've watched Gregg Williams for years, DC at Tennessee, head coach at Buffalo, DC with Joe Gibbs at Redskins, DC at Jacksonville, DC at New Orleans with Sean Payton where he was suspended for a year for bounty-gate, DC at St. Louis and now being wasted with the Jets. If anyone watched the Browns on Hard Knocks they know Williams is a no-non-sense guy that gets things done.

Last year the Browns fired Hugh Jackson with a 3-36-1 record after 2-1/2 years. Greg Williams takes over and finishes with a 5-3 record. As a Ravens fan, I saw the writing on the wall, the Browns would keep Williams and now be a decent team. To my surprise they promoted Kitchens. I even like the way Williams has changed his look at age 61, trying to look younger and fit in with the younger guys.

[Reply]
Skyy God 10:11 AM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I've watched Gregg Williams for years, DC at Tennessee, head coach at Buffalo, DC with Joe Gibbs at Redskins, DC at Jacksonville, DC at New Orleans with Sean Payton where he was suspended for a year for bounty-gate, DC at St. Louis and now being wasted with the Jets. If anyone watched the Browns on Hard Knocks they know Williams is a no-non-sense guy that gets things done.

Last year the Browns fired Hugh Jackson with a 3-36-1 record after 2-1/2 years. Greg Williams takes over and finishes with a 5-3 record. As a Ravens fan, I saw the writing on the wall, the Browns would keep Williams and now be a decent team. To my surprise they promoted Kitchens. I even like the way Williams has changed his look at age 61, trying to look younger and fit in with the younger guys.

He looks like a lumpy bag of dicks.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:24 PM 12-29-2020
Aged like milk
[Reply]
Hoover 03:27 PM 12-29-2020
The Jets are fucking idiots.

So you leave Gase, a lame duck HC in there, with Darnold your 1st round QB. Of course they are going to try to win a game or two and stick it to the man!
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:21 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
First off, I didn’t make any bold predictions or say that Gase was going to be successful whatsoever. I was simply saying Gase was more of an unknown with some upside whereas McCarthy couldn’t fucking cut it with the best QB in the NFL.

Second, you’re welcome to bump this if McCarthy ever has success as a HC again. He won’t. He wouldn’t be much better in this absolutely awful situation.

Third, I never said make Gase the GM too. Of course that was an awful idea.
Well, joke's on you! McCarthy has the Cowboys in position to win their division in year one!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:26 PM 12-29-2020
Gase is a terrible coach. Why the hell did they hire him at all? Look at Tanny without him. Darnold has gotten worse and he made the roster worse.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:28 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
He looks like a lumpy bag of dicks.

Would.
[Reply]
wazu 04:29 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
The Jets are fucking idiots.

So you leave Gase, a lame duck HC in there, with Darnold your 1st round QB. Of course they are going to try to win a game or two and stick it to the man!
Seems like interim coaches are just as likely if not more to fuck things up with a win. Best approach to ensure Lawrence is theirs would've been to outright release any player they didn't want next year. Claim it's to get playing time for players they haven't seen yet or something.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 04:31 PM 12-29-2020
They fired that piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
notorious 04:35 PM 12-29-2020
Manning is still waiting on his 98% cut of Gase’s career earnings.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:46 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Well, joke's on you! McCarthy has the Cowboys in position to win their division in year one!
:-)

Yea McCarthy has been fucking terrible too, so I still stand by what I said.

In fact, I might argue Gase had more impressive wins this year considering the difference in rosters and who they beat.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 14
« First < 41011121314
Up