Well played sir, well played. :-)
[Reply]
BigRichard 08:59 AM 04-15-2024
Will Adam Sandler now bang you?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:19 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Will Adam Sandler now bang you?
All the best of luck to you BRC. BigRichard beat me to it, but I was going to suggest you contact Adam Sandler to see if they'll do a sequel. Memorizing your lines might be a challenge though.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:00 AM 04-15-2024
Have you seen momento?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:01 AM 04-15-2024
Hey bud, sorry to hear about the memory loss.

My recommendation is keep pushing doctors. Go see anyone that will see you and run all the test they'll let you. They may find something.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:06 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

My recommendation is keep pushing doctors. Go see anyone that will see you and run all the test they'll let you. They may find something.
I agree with this 100%.

It's odd that the doctors haven't come up with a diagnosis, but somehow know you'll lose all short-term memory in about 10 years while retaining your long-term memories. I'm all about doctors and medical science, but second and third opinions are always a good idea.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:23 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Sounds like we had very similar upbringings, I was on my own at 17 and had to drop out as well. Did get my GED and graduated college eventually, just stuck in the rat race now, though. How you perform in school has very little to do with how intelligent you are, and I learn that more every single day working with nothing but educated fools. You are obviously a prime example of that as well.
I was working as a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years in an inner city Level 1 teaching hospital. Started to bring some of that home with me. The hospital was switching over from paper records to electronic records. I was helping people use the computers and app. I didn't own a computer at the time. People were telling me this computer thing was going to be a big deal, you should get into that.

Took some basic server/infrastructure classes but basically taught myself. I worked 12 hours a day being a Respiratory Therapist. Went to night classes. Got home at 10:00pm or so. Tuck the kid and wife into bed. The stayed up 10pm -2am building and breaking stuff learning. Get up at 6:00 am and do the whole day again. That went on for 2 years.

After a year or so doing desktop/call center stuff, I got my break when Sprint hired me and I was off and running.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 12:28 PM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I was working as a Respiratory Therapist for 10 years in an inner city Level 1 teaching hospital. Started to bring some of that home with me. The hospital was switching over from paper records to electronic records. I was helping people use the computers and app. I didn't own a computer at the time. People were telling me this computer thing was going to be a big deal, you should get into that.

Took some basic server/infrastructure classes but basically taught myself. I worked 12 hours a day being a Respiratory Therapist. Went to night classes. Got home at 10:00pm or so. Tuck the kid and wife into bed. The stayed up 10pm -2am building and breaking stuff learning. Get up at 6:00 am and do the whole day again. That went on for 2 years.

After a year or so doing desktop/call center stuff, I got my break when Sprint hired me and I was off and running.
What an amazing story, and I truly mean that. You are one of the last of a dying breed, sir.

I hope your doctors can find a way to help with your condition, because it sounds like you truly earned a great retirement. Either way, enjoy as much as you can and congrats on all your amazing accomplishments.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 AM 04-15-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

I've got my place in line for the Mayo clinic workup. Told them I'd go to any location in the USA that has an opening.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:26 AM 04-15-2024
I've got my place in line for the Mayo clinic workup. Told them I'd go to any location in the USA that has an opening.
They know what the hell they are doing.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 09:59 AM 04-15-2024
This can be frustrating... perhaps you'll get Scottsdale :-)

Hope they can figure it out. Sounds like dementia.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 09:15 AM 04-15-2024
Sorry to hear about your condition, man. Getting older can be challenging, to be sure. However, enjoy your retirement…you’ve earned it. Continue to pursue options on the healthcare side; hopefully, they can make it manageable for you. Best wishes, sir.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:21 AM 04-15-2024
So much reading this.

Hope for the best for you. Enjoy retirement
[Reply]
irafreak 09:26 AM 04-15-2024
Sorry to hear this. Kind of similar to alzheimers which runs in my family. What are you gonna do when all these stupid apps make you two factor authenticate and you have to remember the 6 digit number? I hate that shit.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up