ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 313 of 324
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317323 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 01:37 PM 12-14-2023
You're probably gonna have to spend on a DT/DE this offseason and those aren't cheap.

So those saying we have all this $, it could dry up pretty quick.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:51 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Take Jones away and all those single blocking snaps Karlaftis gets go bye bye.

So yeah, there's a chance FAU comes on strong and we have a nice DE duo along with Omenihu and you add some things are fine.

But taking Jones off the DL could lead to some bad things.

I agree. I'm not happy about CJ leaving either. But it's the most probable reality, and it was from the moment CJ held out through preseason.

And his absence will show up immediately, no question. But as we've seen, Spags has a bag of tricks for defending the run, and getting pressure other ways. So while CJ's loss will hurt, this isn't Sutton running things, so I'm not as worried as I would be otherwise.

But bottom line, we aren't winning anything without some actual receiving weapons, no matter how good the defense is. We have to score TDs in the modern NFL.

So, you want a great defense to brag about, or do you want a decent/good defense, with a couple actual WRs so we can actually have a shot to win another SB?
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I agree. I'm not happy about CJ leaving either. But it's the most probable reality, and it was from the moment CJ held out through preseason.

And his absence will show up immediately, no question. But as we've seen, Spags has a bag of tricks for defending the run, and getting pressure other ways. So while CJ's loss will hurt, this isn't Sutton running things, so I'm not as worried as I would be otherwise.

But bottom line, we aren't winning anything without some actual receiving weapons, no matter how good the defense is. We have to score TDs in the modern NFL.

So, you want a great defense to brag about, or do you want a decent/good defense, with a couple actual WRs so we can actually have a shot to win another SB?
Build the offense, I'm good with it.

But the margin for error for said offense goes to zero. You get the defense to force a couple punts a game? You have to win that game.

It's all about money and where it's spent. It absolutely beats the alternative, but it's why it was so important to get those couple SB wins under their belt while Pat was cheap.

Now that he's not, well, it's just not gonna be very easy.
[Reply]
O.city 01:56 PM 12-14-2023
And they're 8-5 with a chance at the 1 seed this year. I'd say they have a shot to with a SB this year
[Reply]
RunKC 01:59 PM 12-14-2023

But the margin for error for said offense goes to zero. You get the defense to force a couple punts a game? You have to win that game.

It's all about money and where it's spent. It absolutely beats the alternative, but it's why it was so important to get those couple SB wins under their belt while Pat was cheap.

The margin for error on offense is currently at zero. Before they could fuck around and still come back. This is the first year they can't afford to do that.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:00 PM 12-14-2023
Rice needs to be an outside WR. Pigeonholing him into a "power slot" whatever that is, is wasting an opportunity.
This year, probably because who else do we have? His size makes him a really ideal power slot though. I don’t think that’s a wasted opportunity at all. Guys like Larry Fitzgerald and Kupp have had very good careers there. In the future I’d like a little more speed on the outside and I feel like Rashees size is a really good fit for the slot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:01 PM 12-14-2023

It's never easy to win it all, as we all know.

But if Veach had signed just one "better than JuJu" WR, and maybe not signed Tranquill, or whoever (don't need to go down that rabbit-hole please), this would probably be the easiest road to the SB in Mahomes' career, seeing as how all the usual AFC front-runners are all stumbling this season. Just one, and KC would be cruising to the AFCCG (er, Arrowhead Invitational), and on to the SB.

There's little chance it'll be this easy next season, but this season one WR would've made the difference between getting the 1-seed and wherever we land now.

And at least we'd be properly armed with actual bullets when we faced the NFC champion.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:15 PM 12-14-2023
I mean, we've proven we can win a championship with a less than elite defense.

Time will tell if it can be done with a less than elite offense, but early returns aren't great.
[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 12-14-2023

Updated WR chart showing how well WRs are separating on all routes + their efficiency at the catchpoint/after the catch pic.twitter.com/iL0lUeZjb4

— Jrfortgang (@throwthedamball) December 14, 2023

[Reply]
O.city 02:18 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

Time will tell if it can be done with a less than elite offense, but early returns aren't great.
I think exercises in building elite defenses in today's NFL are futile.

I'd have gone about building a d different than the Chiefs did but they did it with what they had available at their disposal.

If this offense gets it's shit together we'll be fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:19 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
You think we came into this season with the expectation that a rookie WR was gonna be our #1. :-)

MVS was the clear #1 WR coming into this season and he lost the job… to a rookie.
Your reading comprehension is shit.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:25 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

With an elite offense we were once the no 2 seed.
We're currently no 3 while being in a slump.

I think we're fine. As long as our high end expectations are just catching the football a SB is still a reasonable goal within our grasp.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:28 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But if Veach had signed just one "better than JuJu" WR, and maybe not signed Tranquill, or whoever (don't need to go down that rabbit-hole please), this would probably be the easiest road to the SB in Mahomes' career, seeing as how all the usual AFC front-runners are all stumbling this season. Just one, and KC would be cruising to the AFCCG (er, Arrowhead Invitational), and on to the SB.
I still think it will be. People forget just how huge an advantage having a QB with playoff experience is. Pat has won more playoff games than all the QB's who currently qualify for the playoffs combined. That's a huge disparity.

This defense travels, Mahomes will go into playoff mode, and there's a ton of experience as a team in post season play. That difference will become apparent once the games start.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:33 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I still think it will be. People forget just how huge an advantage having a QB with playoff experience is. Pat has won more playoff games than all the QB's who currently qualify for the playoffs combined. That's a huge disparity.

This defense travels, Mahomes will go into playoff mode, and there's a ton of experience as a team in post season play. That difference will become apparent once the games start.

Not worried about Pat, in spite of the fact that he's been having a 'down' year for him

The WRs on the other hand . . . i doubt whatever 'experience' they acquired in 2022 is going to help them play any better in these playoffs. If that were the case, they'd be playing better since Day 1 of 2023. Certainly by Week 14, and that just hasn't materialized.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:34 PM 12-14-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
With an elite offense we were once the no 2 seed.
We're currently no 3 while being in a slump.

I think we're fine. As long as our high end expectations are just catching the football a SB is still a reasonable goal within our grasp.
I don't disagree, but I'm also wondering if that has more to do with the rest of the league being somewhat bipolar as well.

It's been a REALLY weird year across the board.
[Reply]
Page 313 of 324
« First < 213263303309310311312313 314315316317323 > Last »
Up