ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 671 of 3903
« First < 171571621661667668669670671 67267367467568172177111711671 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:24 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
this is a medical crisis, not a financial one.

The doctors and our medical Professionals should decide medical policy, not economists.
This REP!
[Reply]
wazu 05:24 PM 03-23-2020
this is a medical crisis, not a financial one.

The doctors and our medical Professionals should decide medical policy, not economists.
Forcing people into their homes and ordering businesses to shutdown/go bankrupt is not medical policy.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:26 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Forcing people into their homes and ordering businesses to shutdown/go bankrupt is not medical policy.
Never knew wazu was a 20-year-old spring breaker.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:27 PM 03-23-2020
it is what other choice do we have that's what the rest of the western world is doing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:27 PM 03-23-2020
who was forced? Again, this was voluntary. No fines. No arrests.
[Reply]
eDave 05:28 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Never knew wazu was a 20-year-old spring breaker.
It's way better for business to close because everyone is dead.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:30 PM 03-23-2020
who was forced? Again, this was voluntary. No fines. No arrests.
they are giving worker cards out here in the bay soon.

I had to get my pic taking they want me on call.
[Reply]
wazu 05:30 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's way better for business to close because everyone is dead.
Oh FFS. This isn't the plague. It's not even fucking close. And it's not worth sinking into the next Great Depression.
[Reply]
Donger 05:31 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
I don’t disagree with this as people smarter than me seem to share this POV.

I would say that if we did do a 4-week lock down if the country and then followed with regional (at the neighborhood level) any outbreaks that may flare up after we would effectively eliminate this and be able to provide people with a date certain when we’ll come online.

Early on I said a “hold” on the country (shut stock market, prevent invoicing for the duration, etc) combined with paying everyone enough to get by for groceries/meds/etc then we would address a lot of the problems and would have prevented some of the economic destabilizing that we’ve seen. It would t mitigate it completely but I do think it would have helped, would have cost less, and given everyone some hope that this will end.
Unless the numbers change radically in the positive in the next seven days (15), it think it would be a horrible decision to open things back up. I agree with four total weeks, and re-evaluate.
[Reply]
wazu 05:32 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Unless the numbers change radically in the positive in the next seven days (15), it think it would be a horrible decision to open things back up. I agree with four total weeks, and re-evaluate.
Honestly, if it's 4 total weeks, and they draw that line and then say it'll be enough, then I could get on board. I think most could.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:33 PM 03-23-2020
Oh FFS. This isn't the plague. It's not even ****ing close. And it's not worth sinking into the next Great Depression.
it is a plague WHY DO YOU THINK CHINA WAS WELDING PEOPLE INTO BUILDINGS.

this shit left untreated will kill millions and knock us into a great depression anyways.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 05:33 PM 03-23-2020
Honestly, if it's 4 total weeks, and they draw that line and then say it'll be enough, then I could get on board. I think most could.
This italy is already showing signs of recovery.

I'm down with a 4-6 week shutdown then restarting things in waves.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 05:34 PM 03-23-2020
Oh FFS. This isn't the plague. It's not even ****ing close. And it's not worth sinking into the next Great Depression.
Right! Who cares if everyone was out right now that our hospitals would be overrun and 100,000s of people would die. No big deal.
[Reply]
Donger 05:35 PM 03-23-2020
If other countries which we're behind really are starting to improve, that's great news. But, again, I think it's crazy to say "we're going to end this in four weeks" without looking at what the numbers are doing at the end of four weeks.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 05:37 PM 03-23-2020
Is anybody a fan of forced/mandatory Vaccinations?
[Reply]
Page 671 of 3903
« First < 171571621661667668669670671 67267367467568172177111711671 > Last »
Up