ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 295
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rasputin 10:29 PM 05-22-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Ok, as a DIE HARD LSU fan, I was excited that we drafted CEH. I really was but, HE IS A BUST! Nothing will change my mind on this - We PISSED away a 1st round pick that should have netted us Jonathon Taylor. Why do you think we brought in ROJO and drafted Isiah Pacheco plus added Ealy? It is what it is - a waist of a 1st round pick. Do not opt for his 5th year option and move on. Period.
But what if he does do good this year? What if he kicks ass like when he rushed 160 yards against Buffalo. SO he is capable of having a break out year because his rookie year he went over 1000 yards in 13 games. Now I understand he is injury prone he owns that until he can prove he can stay healthy for the season and playoffs. I think he can do it and will kick ass this year. I absolutely know I can be wrong but I want to see him prove to everyone he was worth the pick spite the other two backs we could have had.

I'm looking forward to watch him play this year. Am also excited to watch Pacheco play and he will end up getting more time than Jones. Jones will be good for short yard plays. Mostly who really knows how a player is going to do . I can easily be wrong but I'm rooting for Clyde I'm rooting for the success of my favorite team the Kansas City Chiefs and as long as he contributes to winning then I'll be thrilled. If not then go to the next guy but he gets the opportunity to be successful or end up on the sidelines. There is always another guy waiting for their opportunity so Pacheco maybe that guy. If Jones wins the job during TC and Preseason games so be it. It won't hurt my feelings I just want the best guy out there but I will most always root for draft picks over FA.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:33 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m not holding my breath on a breakout year, but it’s really not difficult to understand how somebody can defend the guy when you hear how the gallbladder surgery ****ed up his offseason, which obviously impacted his season overall.

It’s amazing how people hate the guy so much that they don’t want to acknowledge that context.
I'm sure it effected him but he has never made cuts at the line consistently. Just runs into the backs of his blockers. Name me a successful RB in the NFL does that?

Get him in space and then he's a weapon. But, running between the tackles? Never going to happen.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:42 AM 05-23-2022
CEH is a bust.

Hopefully this is the last yr of this experiment.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:58 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think the surgery is definitely a good point but I'm worried about his vision which isn't affected by that. He misses holes and that's annoying, especially with this run blocking unit
This is really the key issue. His ceiling just isn't very high. When I watch him play, I see a guy who is maxed out.. I don't like saying that. I've seen a few of his interviews and he seems like a good, nice kid.

He just lacks vision, speed and explosion and I don't recall ever seeing a good RB who didn't have at least a single one of those traits.

For anyone who thinks he will develop into a good player, what do you envision?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:05 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is really the key issue. His ceiling just isn't very high. When I watch him play, I see a guy who is maxed out.. I don't like saying that. I've seen a few of his interviews and he seems like a good, nice kid.

He just lacks vision, speed and explosion and I don't recall ever seeing a good RB who didn't have at least a single one of those traits.

For anyone who thinks he will develop into a good player, what do you envision?
I have said a dozen times at least but CEH's longest run is 31 yds. That is pathetic for a starting RB, hell 80 year old Adrian Peterson did that a few times in the last few seasons and there is QB's that have run farther than that.

But trying not to be negative so I am willing to give him 1 more chance.
[Reply]
O.city 08:09 AM 05-23-2022
This is one reason why I've never really cared all that much about having a "home run hitter" at RB. I just don't care that his longest run is 31 yards. That's good. I mean sure, eventually you'd like to have a guy bust one out for 60 and a TD. But that's just not likely in the run game unless you have a burner.

The issue with having a burner is usually he's searching out HR's. With that being the case, you have alot of "strikeouts".

Give me a RB who consistently churns out runs. 4-5 yards a time, then eventually hits a crease and goes for 20. I don't care about getting big plays in the run game as much with having Mahomes at QB. Those will come in the pass game.

I need basically what McKinnon did in the AFC champ game first half. Take what's blocked up.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:09 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Chiefs RBs of the past 20 seasons who were worse than Clyde Edwards-Helaire:

Mike Cloud
Jermaine Williams
Frank Moreau
Derrick Blaylock
Jarmar Julien
Omar Easy
Samkon Gado

A bunch of non-LJ brokedick/JAG Herm backs

Jackie Battle
Kolby Smith
Dantrell Savage

Okay, look, I'm getting tired of naming dudes, so I'm going to stop before the Pioli era sets in. But I don't think there's a single guy on that list where you'd look at and go, "Ehhh... I don't know.... he might be better than CEH..."

And if you say Derrick Blaylock because he flukishly scored 4 TDs in a game all by getting got Priest Holmes' leftovers, I don't really know what to tell you, because I don't know the best practices for communicating with the mentally challenged.

Mike Cloud - Hell yip!
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:11 AM 05-23-2022
Mike Cloud has a ring!
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:12 AM 05-23-2022
I must've been drunk the year Samkon Gado played
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:12 AM 05-23-2022
He hasn't looked like the same RB from LSU since the first injury.

We'll see if he's 100%, maybe he starts to look like that guy again.

But at this point, it looks like he can't stay healthy, and that's a big problem.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:14 AM 05-23-2022
I've often been confused as to why he's not been the receiving back that he was at LSU. He really seems like a guy that should be catching 50+ passes per year as a 3rd down back, but it just hasn't happened.
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He hasn't looked like the same RB from LSU since the first injury.

We'll see if he's 100%, maybe he starts to look like that guy again.

But at this point, it looks like he can't stay healthy, and that's a big problem.
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
I've often been confused as to why he's not been the receiving back that he was at LSU. He really seems like a guy that should be catching 50+ passes per year as a 3rd down back, but it just hasn't happened.
Maybe having Justin Jefferson on one side and Jamar Chase on the other and catching balls from Joe Burrow opened the game up for CEH?
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:21 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
If you haven't noticed, Pat Mahomes isn't much of a checkdown player.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:22 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is one reason why I've never really cared all that much about having a "home run hitter" at RB. I just don't care that his longest run is 31 yards. That's good. I mean sure, eventually you'd like to have a guy bust one out for 60 and a TD. But that's just not likely in the run game unless you have a burner.

The issue with having a burner is usually he's searching out HR's. With that being the case, you have alot of "strikeouts".

Give me a RB who consistently churns out runs. 4-5 yards a time, then eventually hits a crease and goes for 20. I don't care about getting big plays in the run game as much with having Mahomes at QB. Those will come in the pass game.

I need basically what McKinnon did in the AFC champ game first half. Take what's blocked up.
Totally disagree, you need a RB that can break long plays it keeps defenses honest. Also the problem so far in CEH's career is that he can barely get 3-4 yds a carry with hardly any that go for over 20. He just lacks being explosive\quick.

Hell last year behind this bad ass line his longest run was 17 yds. Shit Mahomes did that every game.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:23 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Chiefs RBs of the past 20 seasons who were worse than Clyde Edwards-Helaire:

Mike Cloud
Jermaine Williams
Frank Moreau
Derrick Blaylock
Jarmar Julien
Omar Easy
Samkon Gado

A bunch of non-LJ brokedick/JAG Herm backs

Jackie Battle
Kolby Smith
Dantrell Savage

Okay, look, I'm getting tired of naming dudes, so I'm going to stop before the Pioli era sets in. But I don't think there's a single guy on that list where you'd look at and go, "Ehhh... I don't know.... he might be better than CEH..."

And if you say Derrick Blaylock because he flukishly scored 4 TDs in a game all by getting got Priest Holmes' leftovers, I don't really know what to tell you, because I don't know the best practices for communicating with the mentally challenged.
Those are all backup RBs. CEH is our starter. In the past 20 years, we've gone from Priest to LJ to Jamaal. There were a couple of years when we had West and Ware before Hunt arrived. I would rather have prime Ware than CEH but not West. If he's not the worst starting RB we've had in 20 years, he's probably the second or third worst.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 295
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up