ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 295
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:58 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
They are completely different things.

Breaking an arm tackle usually leads to finishing a run with a couple more yards. Making people miss leads to long runs.

Maybe you should focus on football instead of insulting people.
They’re completely different things? So when Sorenson takes a bad angle and completely misses vs attempts an arm tackle that fails, you distinguish between the two? Or you just keep endlessly complaining?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:00 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Wondering how much of it was Clyde the first couple weeks, and how much was the line just not quite ready for primetime. He looked like a completely different back today. Hit holes fast, broke tackles, didn't go down easy. Getting in the passing game, too. He's a pretty good complement to what the offense dies, and it was very clear today he's the most talented back on the roster and it's not close
He was no different. The holes have been there all year. He still can't break a run over 20 yards. The holes were fucking MASSIVE today.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:02 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He was no different. The holes have been there all year. He still can't break a run over 20 yards. The holes were ****ing MASSIVE today.
He never really breaks any long runs. But he never gets stopped for loss either. It’s typically a steady 4-5 yards.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:03 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
They’re completely different things? So when Sorenson takes a bad angle and completely misses vs attempts an arm tackle that fails, you distinguish between the two? Or you just keep endlessly complaining?
I don't complain endlessly, you just ignore anything positive i say so you can attack me.

Saying i prefer Williams over CEH, is positive about williams, negative about CEH. You just want to be a dick.

There are multiple people in this thread saying things about CEH. Go attack them.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:03 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He never really breaks any long runs. But he never gets stopped for loss either. It’s typically a steady 4-5 yards.
Any league average back could do what he is doing now. He isn't special.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:05 PM 10-03-2021
To.me that is whole point. You don't need special. Just good blocking. We need a DB with the Clyde pick not a rb.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:05 PM 10-03-2021
CEH was drafted in the 1st round too, he needs to be much better than he is now.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:06 PM 10-03-2021
I agree. He’s not a bust. But he’s Steady and ok overall. Wish they threw to him
More often.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:08 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
The only thing I disliked from him today was he is almost too patient. Sometimes I want him to just hit the hole and fly.
Just not when we don't want him to.
[Reply]
Halfcan 03:09 PM 10-03-2021
Great game today for CEH. No fumbles.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:14 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
He's basically Emmitt Smith in a pass heavy offense. Give him another 10 carries and the odds are higher that he breaks one for longer yards. I'm not saying run more, I'm just saying 15 carries isn't much to work with, he's almost always running against pass sets with defenders back which kills long runs, yet he's at 100 yards the last two weeks with 14 and 17 carries.

I get always wanting more out of players, but jesus fucking christ that's better running numbers than we've seen here for 4 years. It's exactly what we want from him.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:23 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
He's basically Emmitt Smith in a pass heavy offense. Give him another 10 carries and the odds are higher that he breaks one for longer yards. I'm not saying run more, I'm just saying 15 carries isn't much to work with, he's almost always running against pass sets with defenders back which kills long runs, yet he's at 100 yards the last two weeks with 14 and 17 carries.

I get always wanting more out of players, but jesus fucking christ that's better running numbers than we've seen here for 4 years. It's exactly what we want from him.
You're not wrong, but everything changes if he can make people miss. If you run against a pass defense and make the 1st person miss, you end up with a 30-40 yard run. The field is so spread out that if the 1st defender misses, the defense is in trouble.

Maybe CEH is paranoid about fumbling the ball, so he is staying in contact mode? Pretty hard to juke people when you are running like a fullback, 2-hands on the ball etc., so he doesn't lose the ball.

CEH is making stride, we'll see.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:26 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
CEH was drafted in the 1st round too, he needs to be much better than he is now.
What would have been an acceptable stat line for him today?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:32 PM 10-03-2021
Best thing he did today was maintain an excellent average without needing to bust a 40 yarder to get it.

Averaging better than 7 yards/carry with a long run of only 17 yards means he was just out there consistently churning out nice carries that kept us ahead of the sticks.

I do think the OL was responsible for a good chunk of it, but he was also running a lot more decisively than he had been previously. The one time he gacked it was on a 2nd and short play where he got to the line to gain then instead of finishing the run, he tried to make a cut and got stuck short of the sticks.

He needs to get out of that mindset, especially with the raw power of the OL in front of him. They're gonna trend more and more towards a power running game when they put the ball on the ground and he needs to continue to work with a physical mind-set. When he did, he succeeded today.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:37 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
What would have been an acceptable stat line for him today?
I understand your point, i do, CEH had a solid game today. He had a good cut back run for a 1st down. He broke 2 tackles and got 8 yards for a 1st down. There wasn't much bad about CEH today, he looked solid.

My issue is that our Oline was opening some serious holes today and CEH was still just solid. If today was CEH's best then that isn't good enough imo. Just about every decent NFL RB can do what CEH did today.

I don't hate CEH, i just want more. I expect my starting RB to make people miss and for Defenses to worry about him. No defense is afraid of CEH right now.

Maybe this is the start of some real improvement by CEH. Maybe he will gain confidence and finally explode on the scene. I hope he does, really do.
[Reply]
Page 198 of 295
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208248 > Last »
Up