ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 335
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Hawk 02:00 PM 07-02-2015
The Dorne scenes were certainly the weakest part of Season 5. But Episode 8 of this season would be in my top 5 favorite episodes of the whole series, so don't give up yet.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 03:32 PM 07-02-2015
They need to do something with Jaime, he grew to such a level that to fuck Cersei in front of dead Joffrey and then have this boring season 5, I hope he gets to come back in a big way in season 6.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:35 PM 07-02-2015

[Reply]
Bowser 04:37 PM 07-02-2015

[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:28 PM 07-02-2015
What if the shows merge Jon Snows character with Cold Hands? What if he is dead in the books and they bring him back because he's a fan favorite on the show?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:39 PM 07-02-2015
Good grief, what a boring waste of time. I really couldn't give a shit about any of the remaining characters, save Snow and Araya, and I keep falling asleep each night in the middle of episodes.

I hope this gets better, otherwise, whatever. I'm out.
[Reply]
Sorter 12:53 AM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
What if the shows merge Jon Snows character with Cold Hands? What if he is dead in the books and they bring him back because he's a fan favorite on the show?

[Reply]
Bowser 12:45 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Good grief, what a boring waste of time. I really couldn't give a shit about any of the remaining characters, save Snow and Araya, and I keep falling asleep each night in the middle of episodes.

I hope this gets better, otherwise, whatever. I'm out.
This season mirrored the books to an extent - a ton of build up and non action. That said, do yourself a favor and hang in there.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:55 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This season mirrored the books to an extent - a ton of build up and non action. That said, do yourself a favor and hang in there.
I will, it's that it's just sooooooo boring.

When the show began, there were too many characters, IMO. Now, the only remaining characters that I care to see have been shown little so far this season (Episode 6).

I realize that it's difficult to sustain greatness, especially for five continuous seasons, but it's pretty clear to see why they're ending it in seven.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:24 PM 07-03-2015
The only reason it possibly ends in 7 seasons is that the main cast is only signed through 6 and their contracts will be prohibitively expensive for anything beyond that.

As far as 'boring' goes, I watched all of season 6 over two days a couple of weeks ago, and never really felt bored at any point. I'm disappointed in the widening departure from the events of the books but aside from that I don't think there's been any significant falloff in quality.
[Reply]
Hawk 03:06 PM 07-03-2015
I will, it's that it's just sooooooo boring.

When the show began, there were too many characters, IMO. Now, the only remaining characters that I care to see have been shown little so far this season (Episode 6).

I realize that it's difficult to sustain greatness, especially for five continuous seasons, but it's pretty clear to see why they're ending it in seven.
Keep watching, the last three episodes were all pretty good, with episode 8 being my favorite.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:27 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The only reason it possibly ends in 7 seasons is that the main cast is only signed through 6 and their contracts will be prohibitively expensive for anything beyond that.
From my understanding, the writers/producers have told HBO that they can't go past seven seasons. I don't think that salaries would be an issue considering the popularity of the program, i.e., revenues but if there's nothing more creatively they can do, that's a serious issue.

Originally Posted by keg in kc:
As far as 'boring' goes, I watched all of season 6 over two days a couple of weeks ago, and never really felt bored at any point. I'm disappointed in the widening departure from the events of the books but aside from that I don't think there's been any significant falloff in quality.
Interesting. I've talked to several different people about this season and I was told by each and every one that it's boring until Episode 7 but none of those people have read the books.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:39 PM 07-03-2015
I can't see it going past Season 7 unless Benioff and Weiss just take over the storylines. I can't see GRRRRR Martin getting enough subject matter out there for the show to continue on (not that they've really needed it in all cases this season, but you get what I'm saying).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:46 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I can't see it going past Season 7 unless Benioff and Weiss just take over the storylines. I can't see GRRRRR Martin getting enough subject matter out there for the show to continue on (not that they've really needed it in all cases this season, but you get what I'm saying).
I think that if I was a huge fan of the novels, I'd be pissed at what's happening with the TV series because it's my understanding that's been veering away from the books quite a bit in recent seasons and moving forward, it will take a narrative of its own.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:54 PM 07-03-2015
I think that if I was a huge fan of the novels, I'd be pissed at what's happening with the TV series because it's my understanding that's been veering away from the books quite a bit in recent seasons and moving forward, it will take a narrative of its own.
It absolutely has. On one hand, it's strange/disconcerting to watch some of these storylines unfold because they're just completely not in line with the books at all. On the other hand, it's cool to watch because now I have two stories going with these characters I've become addicted to. Adds more variety, if you will. But you have to work at separating how you feel about the books and how you feel about the show. So far I've done ok in that regard.

I know your time is condensed and the books are encyclopedian in size, but if you ever find a way to either read these books or listen via Audible/CD, do it. Fantastic storytelling that just absolutely sucks you in.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 335
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up