ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 335
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:55 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I don't think Littlefinger gets taken down anytime soon. Unlike many others he knows the Game of Thrones and he plays it very well. He is a master at it you might say. He was basically a no one and very soon he will probably be the Warden of the North.
I was thinking more towards the end of the show.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:09 AM 05-20-2015
This outrage over a rape scene is pathetic, to me. It wasn't graphic. You want graphic? There are tons of movies out there that have scenes that are almost impossible to watch. There is only outrage because of how popular the show is. The problem I have with that outrage is that this show has never been a tame show....even from the beginning. Shit...just hearing about what happened in the books....that would have been 100 times worse to see on the screen.

FFS people....no one said shit when Viserys basically sold Dany to Drogo for a fucking army....and she was supposed to be what....14? Even the Red Wedding where they basically murdered a fucking fetus on screen....was apparently no big deal.

But rape? SOUND THE ALARM! THIS SHOW HAS FUCKING GONE TOO FAR!!!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:16 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
This outrage over a rape scene is pathetic, to me. It wasn't graphic. You want graphic? There are tons of movies out there that have scenes that are almost impossible to watch. There is only outrage because of how popular the show is. The problem I have with that outrage is that this show has never been a tame show....even from the beginning. Shit...just hearing about what happened in the books....that would have been 100 times worse to see on the screen.

FFS people....no one said shit when Viserys basically sold Dany to Drogo for a fucking army....and she was supposed to be what....14? Even the Red Wedding where they basically murdered a fucking fetus on screen....was apparently no big deal.

But rape? SOUND THE ALARM! THIS SHOW HAS FUCKING GONE TOO FAR!!!
There have been a ton of "insensitive to women" scenes that were extremely watered down... Notably:

1) Sansa in the Throne Room with Joffrey. In the books, Joffrey has two of the Kingsuard tear her dress off and beat the shit out of her in front of the entire court

2) Lady Stark when they get the raven from Lysa. In the book, she is so concerned/startled, she gets up and walks around her freezing bedroom, naked, in front of the maester

3) Brienne in the bathtub. In the book, Jamie spends a lot of time thinking/talking about her naked form and examining every inch of it. In the show, we get a flash of her butt as she stands up, proud

4) Several scenes with Daenerys/Khal Drogo (people think the shit they actually did was bad? Pssh).
[Reply]
Swanman 10:25 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't know what people expected. Other than completely avoiding the whole plot point of Sansa marrying the Bastard, what other recourse was available?

He was going to rape her on the the wedding night... it is fairly critical to moving forward AGAINST him... were they expected to just show the scene in the sept and then show mopey Sansa the next day? Or show her limping around?

Sansa's strong redemption will be in how she reacts and responds to this event.
The rape scene will be vindicated if there is a strong revenge fairly soon. It's obviously what they are setting up, with Theon's reaction, the candle in the broken tower bit and Brienne covertly gathering support right outside Winterfell.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:46 AM 05-20-2015
Finally got to see it last night and I don't think it was near as graphic as they probably could have made it. Shit...I was expecting to have to turn my head or something.

I think, like you said, this is what snaps Theon out of being Reek and what gives Sansa the motivation to take down the Boltons and Littlefinger.
I think part of the reaction is in the fact that she is now a victim, again. I think people are disappointed that her character rose from everything, was beginning to show glimpses of her mom/family and has now been broken down again.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:49 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
I think part of the reaction is in the fact that she is now a victim, again. I think people are disappointed that her character rose from everything, was beginning to show glimpses of her mom/family and has now been broken down again.
Eh....I can see it but she wasn't to me. She was still basically the same Sansa....just less of her "I want to be a Princess" bullshit.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:46 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't know what people expected. Other than completely avoiding the whole plot point of Sansa marrying the Bastard, what other recourse was available?

He was going to rape her on the the wedding night... it is fairly critical to moving forward AGAINST him... were they expected to just show the scene in the sept and then show mopey Sansa the next day? Or show her limping around?

Sansa's strong redemption will be in how she reacts and responds to this event.
That's basically exactly how GRRM handled it in the books, just to point that out. We never "saw" the rape scene - only heard about the bad stuff afterwards. The only "live" moment there is was people hearing Jeyne screaming.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:17 PM 05-20-2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l-episode.html

Looks like a Missouri senator is boycotting the show. :-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:38 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's basically exactly how GRRM handled it in the books, just to point that out. We never "saw" the rape scene - only heard about the bad stuff afterwards. The only "live" moment there is was people hearing Jeyne screaming.
Not really. In the book, we see Reek being forced to participate and "prepare" Jeyne for him.

I thought the book scene was quite a bit more horrific and terrible, honestly.

And it was with a throwaway character, not a character who has become a centerpiece of the story like they're clearly doing with Sansa.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:49 PM 05-20-2015

These motherfuckers are too dumb to even know what a shocking rape scene looks like.

That was incredibly mild for a rape scene. There wasn't even any nudity ffs.

Irreversible. Now THAT is a rape scene.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 02:55 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The Tyrion/Jorah subplot was great this week.
"The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant" is the best line ever spoken in a TV series.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:59 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Irreversible. Now THAT is a rape scene.
That was beyond tough to watch.
[Reply]
BigRichard 03:02 PM 05-20-2015

Fucking idiots! Stab a pregnant woman in the stomach and murder her and the rest of the family, yeah that isn't across the line. Having a girl moaning off screen and showing some guy crying is way over the top.
[Reply]
Swanman 03:25 PM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
****ing idiots! Stab a pregnant woman in the stomach and murder her and the rest of the family, yeah that isn't across the line. Having a girl moaning off screen and showing some guy crying is way over the top.
Anything remotely involving sex (whether violent or not) will always get pushed to the front of the outrage line by many idiots in this country. They could show a beheading video side by side with Janet Jackson's nip slip in the Super Bowl and most of those idiots would be more offended by the accidental nudity.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 05-20-2015
No one said shit when Drogo was wrecking 14 yr old Daenrys' twat with his horse cock.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 335
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up