ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2184 of 2691
« First < 1184168420842134217421802181218221832184 21852186218721882194223422842684 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
staylor26 03:26 PM 02-06-2022
“I don’t think I’ll be over it until we’re playing in another Super Bowl”

Me too Pat. Me too.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:36 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Patrick and I are going to do this together! We're a team!
[Reply]
philfree 03:40 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Pat's takes some blame but Andy and the play calling get most of it. It's his job to put the team in position to win the game. Pat was struggling so run the ball and get him going. We were at the 5 with first and goal. Run the ball twice and wr probably win the game. We didn't of course because Andy wants everything in Pat's hands even when it isn't going well.
We were in a position to win. All we had to do was score a TD from the 5 yard line.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:44 PM 02-06-2022
I still think the concussion theory makes more sense than him throwing the game or simply having the worst half of football you'll ever see a QB have.
[Reply]
-King- 03:53 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
So take away one of Patrick’s best traits? C’mon man, that would be stupid. Him doing that puts so much more pressure on the opposing defense. Most of the time, he makes magic out of it happening. Don’t neuter our quarterbacks explosiveness. That’s as dumb as moving Jones to DE.
No it's not. Not even close. If Mahomes is truly an elite QB, he should be just fine playing within the offense the majority of a game and only doing the wild shit when he needs to.

Cause as much as it puts pressure on the defense it puts pressure on our players too. The O-line has no idea where to block and how long the block. The WRs have no idea if they should run routes the way they're drawn up, break them off early, change the route completely, etc.

Imagine running a route only to turn around and see Mahomes has already left the pocket and it's now a scramble drill. That's not how a good offense should be.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:04 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
I still think the concussion theory makes more sense than him throwing the game or simply having the worst half of football you'll ever see a QB have.
Ab.so.lutely.

It perfectly explains his decision making
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:12 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
No it's not. Not even close. If Mahomes is truly an elite QB, he should be just fine playing within the offense the majority of a game and only doing the wild shit when he needs to.

Cause as much as it puts pressure on the defense it puts pressure on our players too. The O-line has no idea where to block and how long the block. The WRs have no idea if they should run routes the way they're drawn up, break them off early, change the route completely, etc.

Imagine running a route only to turn around and see Mahomes has already left the pocket and it's now a scramble drill. That's not how a good offense should be.
Yeah, and Mahomes is has elite anticipation in the pocket... he's extremely accurate when he's on the same page as his receivers and ball placement is second to none.

He's obviously also great at improvising, but it does take that extra second to get on the same page and potentially that can plant seeds of doubt when making throws.

Just a theory... I'm no quarterback and don't play one on TV. Just something I thought about when seeing some of the 2nd half videos and lack of decision making. Guys look open when the play breaks down, but it's a bit different in real time when you're trying to figure out where receivers will go as they're trying to figure out where their quarterback is at.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:38 PM 02-06-2022
I also wonder if, as many have touched on, he’s just tired. It’s hard to believe after the rush of a stellar first half. But he no doubt just fell apart after his mistake to close the first half and never bounced back. He looks relieved to be finished. It’s been a long year for him with all the endorsements, being a new dad, endless rehab. Maybe the first half mistake just sunk him. As others have said, maybe a head injury or maybe it was both.

Willing to chalk it up to him just not being mentally right because weve seen way too much of the guy to think this was at all normal for him.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:13 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Ab.so.lutely.

I was thinking that someone might have spiked his Ketchup... Or Catsup.

Watched the two video breakdowns (it sucked) and I'm still not convinced that he took a hit to the head and wasn't seeing/thinking properly.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:28 PM 02-06-2022
That play before half was a terrible brain fart, but his play after making that tackle just wasn't the same. At all. I absolutely feel like something wasn't right with him either physically or in his dome.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:38 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I was thinking that someone might have spiked his Ketchup... Or Catsup.

Watched the two video breakdowns (it sucked) and I'm still not convinced that he took a hit to the head and wasn't seeing/thinking properly.
Maybe it wasn't a concussion, you could well be right... maybe Mahomes just flat out simply shit the bed, even Jordan didnt win them all as they say

It could also just be all of the late season football and weight of huge expectations that finally took its toll as zilla talks about above

Maybe its because the D couldn't hold an 18 point lead, or maybe some terrible argument boiled over at halftime and it killed our mojo

Lets not forget Cincy has made a quantum leap, and they caught us slipping

My guess is it was a combination of everything above
[Reply]
T-post Tom 06:07 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I still get nauseous when I think of the game. It's not easy to see or think anything about the Chiefs or NFL. It's even difficult to come here & not feel defeated. And I love this place. Still a fool for the Chiefs after all these years. My heart has been ripped out. I'm an idiot. :-)
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:31 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That play before half was a terrible brain fart, but his play after making that tackle just wasn't the same. At all. I absolutely feel like something wasn't right with him either physically or in his dome.
Which tackle was it specifically? And when?

Are you talking about the INT in the 3rd quarter? I thought he got hit before that on a play but come to think of it, that could be it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:33 PM 02-06-2022
Not disputing that it did ....when did this happen?
[Reply]
crispystl 06:49 PM 02-06-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Ab.so.lutely.

Didn't someone on here say he took a foot or knee to the head in the first half? I never saw that.
[Reply]
Page 2184 of 2691
« First < 1184168420842134217421802181218221832184 21852186218721882194223422842684 > Last »
Up