ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Hall of Classics>I F*cking HATE Golf !!!!....
WilliamTheIrish 08:14 PM 09-16-2004
Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
:-) Maybe you shouldn't stand so close to the ball after you hit it.

Went out and tried a new course today - definately needed the day out. After the first part of this week the fact that I hit maybe 1 good drive all day didn't even phase my attitude. Irons and wedges were working great and pulled my a decent score for the first time there and also playing from the championship tees.
Ya know if you weren't a man o' God......telling me about your great round.....

Just pray for m.....ummm... my game.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 08:15 PM 09-16-2004
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Ya know if you weren't a man o' God......telling me about your great round.....

Just pray for m.....ummm... my game.

:-)

Will Do!

And it wasn't a great game, decent for a first visit to the course, but the day on the greens and out of the office was awesome! I think I could have scored 120 today and not minded.
[Reply]
KevB 08:15 PM 09-16-2004
That rant is about the funniest thing I've ever read online. I was in tears. The funniest thing of all is that my wife read it after she saw me laughing hysterically.....and she didn't even crack a smile. Apparently swearing at and threatening inanimate objects (which I've done many tiems) are a guy thing.

BTW, isn't Soufflat a small town in Iowa?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:20 PM 09-16-2004
Originally Posted by KevB:
That rant is about the funniest thing I've ever read online. I was in tears. The funniest thing of all is that my wife read it after she saw me laughing hysterically.....and she didn't even crack a smile. Apparently swearing at and threatening inanimate objects (which I've done many tiems) are a guy thing.

BTW, isn't Soufflat a small town in Iowa?

She's obviously never seen me play....
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:16 PM 09-16-2004
Sounds like a canidate to buy the putter at the 37 auction.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:19 PM 09-16-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

Naw, he needs a 5 iron, I'll see if I can put an edge on it for him ! :-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:23 PM 09-16-2004
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
I'll bid on it. But the putter was actually semi golden today. I actually drilled a 45 footer today...

TO SAVE A TRIPLE BOGEY!!!!!!
[Reply]
Phobia 08:35 PM 09-16-2004
I'll bid on it. But the putter was actually semi golden today. I actually drilled a 45 footer today...

TO SAVE A TRIPLE BOGEY!!!!!!
Been there. Did I ever tell you the story about the 350 yard par 4 I drove at the 37 Forever golf event 2 years ago?

3 tiered green. I'm on the lowest tier. First putt comes within 2 feet of the hole. I'm stoked. Only problem.... I hit past it. For my putt, I nudged it knowing that if I went past, the ball was gone. Sure enough, as soon as the putter face touched the ball, that sumbitch hauled ass 50 feet down the hill again.

Ended up with a double and was HAPPY to get that. Toughest greens in the world. That's no lie. Ask Roy.
[Reply]
ROYC75 08:42 PM 09-16-2004
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Been there. Did I ever tell you the story about the 350 yard par 4 I drove at the 37 Forever golf event 2 years ago?

3 tiered green. I'm on the lowest tier. First putt comes within 2 feet of the hole. I'm stoked. Only problem.... I hit past it. For my putt, I nudged it knowing that if I went past, the ball was gone. Sure enough, as soon as the putter face touched the ball, that sumbitch hauled ass 50 feet down the hill again.

Ended up with a double and was HAPPY to get that. Toughest greens in the world. That's no lie. Ask Roy.

Brutal.... we needed bushel baskets for pins that day !
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:12 PM 09-16-2004

I'll vouch for him too. Those greens were designed in hell.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:18 PM 09-16-2004

Most of the places I play have pretty pedestrian greens. Except for Lions Gate. Those muthas were were like pool table slate. But I hit a long one there on 17(?). 7 Iron from the fringe. Just touched it and it rolled.... and rolled ...... and rolled..... then dropped.

Cool as hell.
[Reply]
Stinger 09:23 PM 09-16-2004
Most of the places I play have pretty pedestrian greens. Except for Lions Gate. Those muthas were were like pool table slate. But I hit a long one there on 17(?). 7 Iron from the fringe. Just touched it and it rolled.... and rolled ...... and rolled..... then dropped.

Cool as hell.
That is what I love about golf I can't for the life of me remember the name of the person my wife introduce me to 3 hours ago. But if you say a course that I only played once 6 years ago I will give you a shot by shot detail with the description of every hole. :-)
[Reply]
whoman69 09:02 PM 09-18-2004
I thought I had a temper on the course. That and the fact I can't afford to play since I don't qualify under my parent's membership anymore is the main reason I haven't played in more than 5 years.
My suggestion is to switch to decaf or more practice.
[Reply]
Stinger 09:27 PM 09-18-2004
Hey Will did you play in Springfield today?

In the group ahead of me today on the first tee, a gentleman steps up on the first tee and I hear him say "Lord please get this into the fairway that is all I ask".

He proceeded to hit it off the toe 25yds straight right into the lake. Immediatly after finishing his prayer, and watching the ball hit the water, he let off with a 4-5min tirade of words I dare not share. :-) I was laughing so I almost could't hit the ball when our group was up next.

Then on the 4th hole he flubs 3 chips in a row next thing I know he throws his PW 50 yards into the creek. And after following him around the course I got to say that it was the best shot he had today.:-)

I've played with better and I played with worse, but this guy was the most entertaining I have had the pleasure of following on a golf course. :-)
[Reply]
philfree 10:32 PM 09-18-2004
I played Hickory on Friday. Two-man Scramble Member Guest with my dad. He's turned 75 May 22. We carded a 71. I should shoot that own my own :-) I made a 35-40 footer and he made a 20 footer but we missed 5 birdies putts that were less then 15 feet long. I think 4 were prolly less then 10'. :-) How can two people putt that bad?!!We won $80.00 though so........wudn't all bad. And that Country Club Calm Chowder :-)

I just went over my round and I hit 9 fairways, 15 greens and had 33 putts. We did not use all my iron shots out of those 15 we used three of my dads. I'd prolly shot at least 4 strokes higher own my own. 75 on Hickory Hills isn't to shabby. :-)

PhilFree :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up